Does it stop the maker from remaking the thread? I was seconds of making a worthwhile post and it gets locked by some dumbass no one seems to care about. And now everyone thinks I'm an ignorant bastard.
Now to finish what I was saying to my Do You Hate Modern Music thread, I just wanted a straightforward answer. Yes or no and why. I don't care that a band that I hate is famous for no reason, I wanted people to see that I did, and I wanted to see if other people did.
Locking threads prevents people from continuing to post in an unnecessary thread.

Btw, the people that lock threads are mods
Quote by aznwarlord
Does it stop the maker from remaking the thread? I was seconds of making a worthwhile post and it gets locked by some dumbass no one seems to care about. And now everyone thinks I'm an ignorant bastard.

no you can remake it

and a MOD will probably lock it again

and mods arent dumbasses no one cares about

and i think your an ignorant bastard
Soul Collector of the BassMilitia PM Dinkydaisy

Co-leader of The league of toxicity33, Kankuro, Dr. Gonzo Slash, DownInAHole, Synyster Gates, This End Up, and Neil_.

You should've used the Pythagorean Theorem, BITCH

BLALLALALASSISSIS *shank*
Quote by yawn
Locking threads prevents people from continuing to post in an unnecessary thread.

then they are waisting their own time not anyone elses. locking posts is a way for the losers who call themselves mods on this random site to feel like they have power somewhere
so if you hate it why stay?^

guys like you arent original

ive been here a little while and ive seen hundreds who think mods are "fags with tiny dicks" etc etc etc

its nothing new

so just shut up and sit down or go away

Co-leader of The league of toxicity33, Kankuro, Dr. Gonzo Slash, DownInAHole, Synyster Gates, This End Up, and Neil_.

Quote by Synyster Gates
so if you hate it why stay?^

why should only one problem i have with the site prevent me from staying?
well generall people who talk that stuff act like they hate the whole place and feel empowered by their righteous fury

its kind of amusing really

Quote by Synyster Gates
well generall people who talk that stuff act like they hate the whole place and feel empowered by their righteous fury

its kind of amusing really

well im not one of those people
point taken

but they do start their mini rants in the same manner

haha alright i can except that, i havent been in a great mood so sorry if i sounded like one of those people
He's locked your thread. So what? Your not the first person to have a thread locked and you won't be the last just let it go and dont't worry about it.
It keeps the forums tidy and ore enjoyable for the majority.

Deal with it.
Populus vult decipi. Decipiatur.

Quote by Mistress_Ibanez
It's can be a contraction and genitive case.

Quote by Mistress_Ibanez
If you cut down on these costs students won't learn so well, effecting the "quality"...
Quote by FrenchyFungus
It keeps the forums tidy and ore enjoyable for the majority.

Deal with it.

Sorry to bump an old thread, but why don't you guys just delete it? It'd save space and the pit wouldn't look sp cluttered when you view all the new posts.
I hate your sig,

and locking is more fun bc sometimes threads that need ending are funny (Cas thread anyone?)

Quote by gallagher2006
Sorry to bump an old thread, but why don't you guys just delete it? It'd save space and the pit wouldn't look sp cluttered when you view all the new posts.

Yeah but it looks bad on the mods screen. I know cuz rankles showed it to meh. He spoils mod secrets for future generations.

And thats all I learned from the site feedback forum
Quote by gallagher2006

Closing = 1 click
Deleting = 4 clicks

It also makes it less likely that someone will repost the thread, and if we warn someone for it, we may want to link to it in the warning e-mail/FOTB.

Quote by Mistress_Ibanez

Quote by Mistress_Ibanez
If you cut down on these costs students won't learn so well, effecting the "quality"...
Quote by FrenchyFungus
Closing = 1 click
Deleting = 4 clicks

It also makes it less likely that someone will repost the thread, and if we warn someone for it, we may want to link to it in the warning e-mail/FOTB.

Ah I suppose so...but then, if there are like a million "Paris Hilton is Dead!?" threads or whatever, wouldn't it make more sense to just sacrifice the extra 3 clicks and delete it?
^How do you know we don't?

Quote by Mistress_Ibanez

Quote by Mistress_Ibanez