Page 1 of 2
Quote by CowsWithGuns
And the facade of heterosexualism in the punk and ska forum came crashing down like a fat girl falling off a balcony...
Quote by Iluvpowerchords
I took the day off.

No lie.

What a coincidence, so did I. I didn't know it was his birthday, though. I'm just sick.

So,

HAPPY BIRTHDAY HENRY ROLLINS!
jeez, i didn't know he was 46. that's the same age as my dad...weird.

ps, today is my little brother's birthday, too.
And clenching your fist for the ones like us
Who are oppressed by the figures of beauty,
You fixed yourself, you said, "Well, never mind,
We are ugly, but we have the music."
I took the day off too.

But becuase my city is covered in like 1 foot of snow.
"This shit here's called Death"
"What the fuck? You mean I'm gonna hit this shit and die?"
"No Nigga! I said Deaf. You hit this and you aint gonna hear shit!"
I didn't take the day off but I did show up 2 hours late. So here's to you Henry
Quote by gary666
.. so what?

Henry Rollins > you
brnh.bandcamp.com
every time i get a chance to put this up i always do

i found out like...yesterday, that my mom, who is a teacher, teaches poetry and they are doing slam poetry and spoken word shit, and she actually has examples from henry rollins and has a book in her class and shit...it was kind of weird...
Quote by BrianApocalypse
Rancid are the best punk band ever.

Tim Armstrong is a songwriting genius, is a complete fashion diva and has an incredible singing voice.

He doesn't sound like Opie from family guy at all.
Quote by JohnnyNapalm
I took the day off too.

But becuase my city is covered in like 1 foot of snow.

I wish we got the day off when there's 1 foot of snow.
are you guys talking about school? god...college never gets off....
Quote by BrianApocalypse

Tim Armstrong is a songwriting genius, is a complete fashion diva and has an incredible singing voice.

Happy Birthday Henry Rollins.

I don't particularly like your music but I respect your strong work ethic more than anything.
^ I second that emotion.
Quote by sargasm
I don't like straight edge because it's part of Hardcore, and I don't like Hardcore because, aside from the terrible music, the kids are often very homophobic.

You forgot ugly, lazy and disrespectful.
Why do I have to be in a rock and roll band with hippies, stoners, goths and metalheads who don't give a shit about playing music.

I wish more people were as decicated to music as rollins, then I wouldn't be completely ****ed.
Quote by BrianApocalypse
Happy Birthday Henry Rollins.

I don't particularly like your music but I respect your strong work ethic more than anything.

Quote by johnnynemo
^ I second that emotion.

Theres an old story some wise men tell. Its about Henry Rollins and Black Flag

Black Flag was playing a show one night in which there wasn't a great attendance. With not many people there at the venue Henry Rollins was contemplating not even playing that night because he was so depressed and disappointed.

Ginn had to set him straight and back hand Rollins telling him that those few people that were at the show were there for Black Flag and were actually the real fans -the ones who actually made it out to the show.

Black Flags work ethic came souly from Ginn. Rollins is a hack and Black Flag was better off with Keith Morris. Too bad history didn't work out like that. But God bless the Circle Jerks.

And fuck Bad Religion too.

Black Flag was playing a show one night in which there wasn't a great attendance. With not many people there at the venue Henry Rollins was contemplating not even playing that night because he was so depressed and disappointed.

Ginn had to set him straight and back hand Rollins telling him that those few people that were at the show were there for Black Flag and were actually the real fans -the ones who actually made it out to the show.

Black Flags work ethic came souly from Ginn. Rollins is a hack and Black Flag was better off with Keith Morris. Too bad history didn't work out like that. But God bless the Circle Jerks.

I'm pretty sure it was Dukowski who said that.

Dukowski did a lot of work for the band.

And there really is no denying that Henry Rollins is a hard worker.
Quote by BrianApocalypse

I respect his strong neck.
no idea about him being a hard worker...just the legends of the "neck of doom" is what i know about.
Quote by BrianApocalypse

Quote by mike2
are you guys talking about school? god...college never gets off....

It does when you have lazy teachers, like mine this morning.
Quote by CowsWithGuns
And the facade of heterosexualism in the punk and ska forum came crashing down like a fat girl falling off a balcony...
well, yesterday people got off i guess...but i have class today and the roads are cleared...i should say college never gets off for me.... it was so bad yesterday...my car was a sliding every which way...
Quote by BrianApocalypse

Quote by mike2
well, yesterday people got off i guess...but i have class today and the roads are cleared...i should say college never gets off for me.... it was so bad yesterday...my car was a sliding every which way...

What college do you go to?

I stopped going to college last semester. I realized that wasn't getting me anyway as much as music is.
i go to community college right now. i just graduated from high school, like a month ago. i graduated early. didn't want to go off to the city just yet for school.
Quote by BrianApocalypse

I'm going to a community college too, universities are too damn expensive right now.
Quote by CowsWithGuns
^that too. pretty much the same education, at least status wise, for like an eight of the costs, counting effing dorms and shit too.
Quote by BrianApocalypse

Dukowski said that.

It was the only time he's ever complained.

He's still noticeable today.

Keith Morris was a crack addicted asshole, regardless of his voice.

Damaged was better than any Flag record before it.

Fuck you.
Quote by pinheadslts75
Dukowski said that.

Fuck you.

haha. owned.
while Rollins was out turning 46, his neck turned 902 years old...you can tell by counting the rings.
Quote by Iluvpowerchords
I like:

Phobos (he oozes cool)

Misfits and AC/DC Covers + original recordings (jazz/punk, hardcore, "shredish").
http://advancederror.dmusic.com
Quote by phobos
while Rollins was out turning 46, his neck turned 902 years old...you can tell by counting the rings.

Quote by pinheadslts75
Dukowski said that.

Fuck you.

Well you got knocked the **** out.
Quote by TiMaRmStRoNg101
there was once this girl
in my school
and she was like
'greenday is so punk'

and i was all
omgelitist
'fawkofffffffffff'
and punched her in the face.
cause i can do that
cause I know more about punk rock and stuff
I love black flag, i think Greg Ginn is an amazing guitarist and song writer, but Henry Rollins isn't THAT good. i think they should have kept Keith Morris at the singer, he was the best. just listen to nervous breakdown of the First Four years, and see for yourself

peace
For some reason, I feel the need to bump this exactly one year old thread.
And clenching your fist for the ones like us
Who are oppressed by the figures of beauty,
You fixed yourself, you said, "Well, never mind,
We are ugly, but we have the music."
Page 1 of 2