Page 1 of 2
Here's a little rant all apologies

So today I was walking to 6th period with this girl with me singing some Lynyrd Skynyrd songs. She said "What is that song I like it?" So I say "Lynyrd Skynyrd." Then she immediatly says "Oh I don't like it their an old band."

It's ridiculous. Any similar experiences?
"This is The End, beautiful friend, The End"
Yes. Any youth that listens to any music made before 1990 has had the same experience.
Quote by shattamakar
The only advantage of home-schooling is that it gives you good reason to commit suicide.

Hit this once or twice, and you'll be twice as nice.
Wow... just wow... how... I just... wow...
████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
My best friend hated any band made before 1999... so i killed him
Don't try engaging me
The vaguest of shrugs
The prescription drugs
You'll never find
A person inside

Quote by saphrax
I agree with This End Up
Quote by ma)(payne
Did you smack her right across the face?

No, she has terrible music tastes, but is still hot....
Quote by i(ncubus)play
No, she has terrible music tastes, but is still hot....

And that has what to do with slappin that taste right outta her mouth?
the same way a classic rock elitist may not listen to anything made after (insert debatable "death of music")?
I had a girl ask me who The Eagles was.... then I directed her to Limewire... she loves Hotel California now.
Have you ever went to put on a pair of underwear, but there weren't any, so you started runnin around the house flailin your arms while nude?
Quote by unplugtheradio
the same way a classic rock elitist may not listen to anything made after (insert debatable "death of music")?

I'm not a Classic Rock elitist though
My friend once said my band will never get anywhere because we play "old music". I mean i don't care if he thinks we won't get anywhere, but you need to have better reasoning. Besides, music is music, people don't obsess about whether Beethoven of Mozart came first, or if Vivaldi or Bach came first, people like them because of the music, not how old they are.
Quote by i(ncubus)play
I'm not a Classic Rock elitist though

sorry if it sounded like i called you one.

i was just saying, i've met em.
Man im pretty young and i cant stand new music, i have no idea how people my age listen to this crap that is around today. I am obssesed with "old" music. I love it all whether its motown or 80's metal. I am kind of an outcast at my school because of it but im not about to change the music i listen to because of these stupid kids having no taste in music.
Your friend sucks.

I don't like Lynyrd Skynyrd though... Not because they're old but because I hate that boring stuff.
Quote by SForbz-Rockstar
You're a bald gopher with wings that lives in the countryside, working on a farm.

Quote by Bubban
Having sex in a pool full of jello? How strangely erotic. No, not just any sex, butts-*gets shot*

God bless the underdog and God bless the antihero.
Other way round for me...I hate any music after about 1990 and thats because, yes, it FUCKING SUCKS! New wave of Metal my ass.
Axe FX 2
Matrix GT1000FX
Mesa 4x12
Behringer FCB1010
Quote by rollingstones
Man im pretty young and i cant stand new music, i have no idea how people my age listen to this crap that is around today. I am obssesed with "old" music. I love it all whether its motown or 80's metal. I am kind of an outcast at my school because of it but im not about to change the music i listen to because of these stupid kids having no taste in music.

different taste in music
you should have hit her in the mouth with your dick
if you can't be a good example
be a bad warning

Quote by aequitasveritas
lol, so i got a boner this one time and i was watching tv, so i decided to hump the little crack between the two cushions of the couch. yeah.

www.free-game-downloads.mosw.com
I listen to mostly "old" music, but you cant just cast out every band made after...what '94
there is still good music out there, just not most of it IMO
Quote by La Qotsa
Other way round for me...I hate any music after about 1990 and thats because, yes, it FUCKING SUCKS! New wave of Metal my ass.

Yes, Dream Theater, Symphony X, Opeth, Five for Fighting, Daylight Dies, and The Mars Volta are just awful.

Quote by shattamakar
The only advantage of home-schooling is that it gives you good reason to commit suicide.

Quote by rollingstones

You're worse than the girl the threadstarter's talking about.
Quote by justinb904
im more of a social godzilla than chameleon

Quote by MetalMessiah665
Alright, I'll give them a try, Japanese Black Speed rarely disappoints.

Quote by azzemojo
Hmm judging from your pic you'd fit in more with a fat busted tribute.
rollingstones is one those classic rock etilists that was mentioned earlier. kids where i live have the opposite problem. they think lynyrd skynyrd is the best band in the world. i honelstly cant stand em, because of the whole redneck image they had, and theyre extremely overrated. i do however listen to music made before 1990, i just cant stand when people say "rock music is dead".
Quote by Maverick64
I had a girl ask me who The Eagles was.... then I directed her to Limewire... she loves Hotel California now.

it's the work of Satan!!

really though, i haven't had any experiences like that. most of my friends accept the fact i like different music then they do, and we get along just fine.
Quote by steven seagull
There are no boring scales, just boring guitarists.

Quote by convictionless
dude calebrocker, that first song on your list almost made me cry
11/10
you win my good sir

^ My For Mom cover

Check out my MP3s!!
Quote by walkinbazooka
Yes, Opeth, Five for Fighting, Daylight Dies, and The Mars Volta are just awful.

Fix'd

Have a problem?
Axe FX 2
Matrix GT1000FX
Mesa 4x12
Behringer FCB1010
Quote by La Qotsa

What a stupid fucking post.
Last.fm

WE ARE THE MUSIC MAKERS
AND WE ARE THE DREAMERS OF THE DREAMS
Quote by unplugtheradio

I don't think I'm a clasic rock elitist per se but I prefer it head and shoulders above anything else. Definatly the Golden Era of guitar and songwriting in rock imo.
Quote by magicninja_
I don't think I'm a clasic rock elitist per se but I prefer it head and shoulders above anything else. Definatly the Golden Era of guitar and songwriting in rock imo.

well, do you give new things a chance?

if so then i wouldnt consider you one.

it's just anyone who's only willing to listen to certain albums because of what year they were made in is supremely stupid.

you have the taste of a classic rock etilist, now when you try to get people to agree with you, or put down other music, then youre a classic rock etilist.
Quote by La Qotsa
Fix'd

Have a problem?

I know that was a stab at some of the bands I like (and Yes.lol) but that made me laugh so fucking hard. Thank you!
Quote by shattamakar

I'm still pissed about this just that look on her face when she suddenly changed her mind, like a look of disgust that it was made before 2006
Quote by that1l)ude
you have the taste of a classic rock etilist, now when you try to get people to agree with you, or put down other music, then youre a classic rock etilist.

That's an unfair thing to say
Quote by unplugtheradio
well, do you give new things a chance?

if so then i wouldnt consider you one.

it's just anyone who's only willing to listen to certain albums because of what year they were made in is supremely stupid.

Yeah of course music is music man. I had a nu-metal phase in high school and enjoyed me a little grunge and alternative in the 90's. I love Vai and Satriani. I tried to like Muse but failed. I'm not really with the metalcore scene or any of the other core's but I still go to Ozzfest every year. I did kinda give up on this decades music but in the future I'm sure something will come along that I like. Until then Boston, Dio, Sabbath, and the like will have the top billing on my playlists.

Quote by that1l)ude

No I prefer classic rock. I listen to Everything from Bach to Merle Haggard to Paco de Lucia to CoB.
Last edited by magicninja_ at Feb 13, 2007,
i didnt mean that in a derogatory way

Definatly the Golden Era of guitar and songwriting in rock imo

im just saying that as long as you realize its that sentence i just quoted is an opinion, which you do, then your not an etilist. the same goes for any type of music.
Yea, it ginda grinds my gears, but I can't let it get to me.

I've always thought people should have more music appreciation, though. Just because it's old doesn't immeadietly make it not worth listening to, or "not cool".

I grew up on older songs. AC/DC, Lynyrd Skynyrd, Marshall Tucker Band, Molly Hatchet, Eric Clapton, etc.

At least know who older bands are, and know they aren't shit I guess is what I'm getting at.
Voted 3rd Friendliest User of UG 2010

BUILD A TIME MACHINE, AND JERK OFF IN IT, AND SEND IT TO HITLER!

Saxo-Walrus

Steam & PSN ID: Panopticon20
Page 1 of 2