Ok I was practicing scales a while back and I was learning the penatonc scales. Cuz the bass player at my church say their not the best but they are the best for starting out and he said it will help me will metal soloing a bit. So I was playing and I realized there all the SAME THING just all the patterns are in different combinations suck as for A minor the patterns will be
1 2 3 4 5 6
but the pattens for D minor would be
6 2 5 1 4 3
so what I am saying is if they are in just a different order than why bother learning all the different scales if you can just learn 6 different patterns and combine them?
to me there was no point but i will be honest its not like i am a great guitar player. so would someone with wisdom please explain this please
Scale patterns exist because it's very difficult to memorize where all the notes on a fretboard are. It's good to know how to construct the scale without the pattern though.

Search around UG lessons for pentatonic scales for the patterns.
Quote by Godzilla1969
I love you, Muphin. You have great taste in music.

Quote by Pacifica112J
Muphin > You

The Cooperation
OK That guys above( Muphin) who posted, posted exactly what I mean. he said exactly what I mean when say that their the same box but in different areas on the fretboad. So whats the point? Does anyone here know a better easier- to -understand way to learn scales? Or is this better? Cuz I dont know how to read music or theory or what not
If you don't know much theory then learning the boxes is best. They aren't hard to learn, just look at them and play them on the guitar a few times and they'll sink right in. It is definitely easier to use the boxes. Once you learn all five of them you'll be able to play some pretty cool improvised stuff.
Quote by Godzilla1969
I love you, Muphin. You have great taste in music.

Quote by Pacifica112J
Muphin > You

The Cooperation