It's pretty self-explanatory really.

I love the blues.
I have an overdrive, when I need it.
I have a fuzz, when I need it.
I play a MIM Strat through a Fender Pro Jr.

I want to be able to crank the amp inorder to get that saturation- that real edgy sound- but I don't exactly want the full-on distorted sound. Think John Mayer. I've read somewhere that he uses low-output pups and a cranked amp to get his tone, and that's basically what i'm looking for.

Thanks in advance
Member of the EHX Guild

Yamaha SG500B
Danelectro Fish 'n' Chips EQ
EHX Russian Big Muff
Roland Cube 30
Jake will suffice.

Join the revolution, GG&A.
what kind, single coil or humbuckers? budget?
Quote by corduroyEW
Cheap amps are "that bad". They suck up your tone like cocaine at Kate Moss' party.

I am Michael!
umm.....get powersound humbuckers and twist the adjustion screws until they are very LOW that'll give you low output...
UG's HIPPIE
Ummm... couldn't you just turn down the volume knob on your guitar while turning up your amp? That should work.

Usually ,atleast with my setup, when you turn up the volume knob on the guitar you get more disortion not volume.
Leader of The Cult of Echoes, for those who believe 23 min. of Pink Floyd Epicness just isn't enough.

Pm Alex the Red if you're interested

I'm a member I Pignose Amps Club. PM Woodenbanman if your interested.
it would probably be easier to roll down the volume on your guitar
Cort lover of the Bass Militia. PM Nutter_101 to join.
On cheating in a relationship...

Quote by metaldud536
If he doesn't use a gameshark, it's not cheating.

I'm a non-regular regular old user.
I would go with Dimarzio Area 61/58 set. Vintage output, vintage tone, noiseless.
It's a fine line between clever and stupid.
guitarfetish.com has vintage output stuff, they're pretty low output, and they get better tone because of it, oh, and dont tell the metalheads, they'll have a fit
Quote by sempri_fi
guitarfetish.com has vintage output stuff, they're pretty low output, and they get better tone because of it, oh, and dont tell the metalheads, they'll have a fit

Low/medium output pups sound awesome with distortion, but we'll keep it hush hush. Ha.