right my first floating trem and i are having trouble. Its a jackson licensed floyd rose floating. My main problem is that it goes out of tune when I use it and yes this is with the locking nuts secured properly. My guitar tutor has said that having it equally balanced might be the prob and that I should allow the strings just a little tension over the springs. But what do you guys think first?

And also I've had a couple of strings fly out of the bolts that secure them in. This happened when I pulled up on the trem to bring up the pitch. Is this bad or did I likely just pull too far in the trem?

thanks
what gauge strings do you use
My stuff:
ESP LTD KH 202 w/ emg 81's
PEAVEY 5150 II Head
4x12 MESA BOOGIE RECTIFIER CAB

A recent study shows that 92% of all teens have moved on to rap music. Put this in your profile if you are one of the 8% who stayed with the real music.
.10's for E standard.

And just so you know the same tuning issues were present with the .09's that were on it previously
you might need to tighten the bolts more on the bridge that secure the strings for the problem of the times the strings come loose. as for the strings losing tuning you probably need to balance your spring tension on the tremelo.
My stuff:
PEAVEY 5150 II Head

A recent study shows that 92% of all teens have moved on to rap music. Put this in your profile if you are one of the 8% who stayed with the real music.
Right i'll tighten them now and then more often. But I have already balanced the trem. I did it as a fair few people ahve directed so that its angled equal to the body. But tis still being a pain.

My tutor though has said that hes rarely seen a tremolo work properly in that set up and that I should lessen the spring tension slightly to angle it up just slightly like he does.

What you think of that?
im actually talkin about something different. in the back of the guitar there is a metal piece that the springs connect the body of the guitar to the floyd rose. well what you did was loosen both im guessing but now you need to work on just one of the screws to create equal tension on both sides of the trem.
My stuff:
PEAVEY 5150 II Head

Oh I see so what I've pretty much done in your opinion is under balance one side of the trem?
from what you have told me that may be the case
My stuff:
PEAVEY 5150 II Head

You know I look at it now and I dont beleive I missed it the first time. The left side of the trem is slightly recessed into the body whilst the other one is exactly where it should be (taking into account the fact that theres less tension atm cause of the missing string). Right once I've found an allen key to get that string back in place I'll sort it out n make another post to let all know if it worked

Thanks
make sure you're tightening the screws on the bridge enough. my G wouldn't stay in when i was tuning and it turned out that a dodgy screw wasn't applying enough pressure
Cort lover of the Bass Militia. PM Nutter_101 to join.
On cheating in a relationship...

Quote by metaldud536
If he doesn't use a gameshark, it's not cheating.

I'm a non-regular regular old user.