Wow, what a great band! One of the few mainstream bands that really does have their own style (IMO). Ian's guitaring is really quite unique.
So I fell in love with Billy Talent II. I wanna get the first album soon.
Share your thoughts on this awesome band!
I'll start with the predictable-Favourite song?

For me right now it's either Sympathy or Try Honesty
i wish i could call them mainstream. maybe if i lived in canada. in america, they kinda have a more punk kind of following.

they are definitely one of my favorite bands.

fav songs.. worker bees, line and sinker, fallen leaves
When I hit 'em from the back, I got them mami's saying dammit man.

When I put it in their mouth, I got them mami's saying duh-huh-huh-muhh.
Wellthey aren't really mainstream, but definately not underground. They get some exposure here in the U.K. And they are huge in Germany.
Quote by the1
Wellthey aren't really mainstream, but definately not underground. They get some exposure here in the U.K. And they are huge in Germany.

lucky germans. i remembering reading somewhere, like wiki or something, that red flag was on the german charts and i remembered being really surprised. i read the rest of the chart and it seems like rock music is much more popular in europe than in the states.
When I hit 'em from the back, I got them mami's saying dammit man.

When I put it in their mouth, I got them mami's saying duh-huh-huh-muhh.
germany seems pretty big on punk (i don't consider billy talent punk) and rock so its not too surprising. but yeah theyre on a major so theyre obviously fairly big, not exactly going to turn up in the gossip pages of the tabloids but an album in the pop charts wouldn't be too much of a stretch.

there are a few other BT threads, just so you know. but i like the guitar work, he's a nice bloke as well, met him when they played cardiff last year. decent band with some catchy songs.
That guy has the most annoying voice EVER!

I really don't like Billy Talent.
Quote by justinb904
im more of a social godzilla than chameleon

Quote by MetalMessiah665
Alright, I'll give them a try, Japanese Black Speed rarely disappoints.

Quote by azzemojo
Hmm judging from your pic you'd fit in more with a fat busted tribute.
Loved their first cd but I wasn't too impressed with their second one. As far as mainstream goes, they're only mainstream in Canada, in the States the only way people know of them is from the Warped tour. My favorite song by them is probably Prisoner's of Today.
...Does not in fact have any talent.
I actually don't hate them, Just had to say that.

I heard one of their on SSX On Tour,
And i have to say that he does have and extremely annoying voice.
Guitar playing was O.K. though, if i remember right.
CTHC
I loved their first album, and wasnt sure what to expect from the second album but it really impressed it, I really like it.

They're one of the few bands that I really want to see live and havent yet! Though it is my fault for not being able to make it to their last tour here. I hope they play at Leeds festival or somethin this year...
because i said so.
Billy Talent is my favourite band. Both of their albums are amazing. They're big in Canada (where I am), but I only know a few other people who like them. It's quite strange.
It's difficult to win unless you're bored.
I really do like their guitar riffs, the singing is ok, too, as long as the singer doesn't start with that wierd squeaky scream thing..
I saw them in concert Jan. 29, YEAH! Ben sounds really weird when he talks, and he sounds like a screaming tantrum throwing baby when he sings live. But it was sweet. They are my favorite Canadian band along with Alexisonfire, Sum41, and Protest the Hero.
Quote by CapnKickass
I saw them in concert Jan. 29, YEAH! Ben sounds really weird when he talks, and he sounds like a screaming tantrum throwing baby when he sings live. But it was sweet. They are my favorite Canadian band along with Alexisonfire, Sum41, and Protest the Hero.

I was there too, with Conky420.
I was living a lie, now I'm dying to know the truth...
Pretty decent band.

My fav song by them is Red Flag. Its catchy and different.
Quote by duncang
That guy has the most annoying voice EVER!

I really don't like Billy Talent.

You've really GOT to like billy talent
I agree his voice is weird, but I like it! It's definately very distinguishable from alot of other rock singers.
i really don't like BT. not a bit.

but i did see a cool DVD they put together, it was them right from the start after releasing thier debut CD, until after they released thier second album, watching the crowd grow, it was really interesting to see how crappy life on the road really is.

i'd recomend it to anyone who wants to know what touring is all about.
Cream fan club member #11.
theyre really original,but i think theyre movie into screamo,which wont be too good for fans of them now.
???

They have no screaming whatsoever. Shouting, but not metalcore screaming!

What DVD is it?
Billy Talent is a great band. Ian is a very skilled guitarist, John is a very talented bassist, and them same goes for Ben/Aaron and their respective elements.

Unfortunately I don't listen to them anymore, because quite honestly, they suck live. They are absolutely horrible. I've seen them several times live, and it was quite a let-down.
Yea BT are HUGE in Canada. I think its cause theyre more of a unique band so Canada supports em cause theyre canadian and the US arent so sure about em. Theyre more of a hate em or love em band. I love em. My favourite song would have to be either DIAMM or This Suffering.
DIE FALLOUT BOY! DIE!
Quote by Zuka
Billy Talent is a great band. Ian is a very skilled guitarist, John is a very talented bassist, and them same goes for Ben/Aaron and their respective elements.

Unfortunately I don't listen to them anymore, because quite honestly, they suck live. They are absolutely horrible. I've seen them several times live, and it was quite a let-down.

That's weird. I heard they were amazing live.
DIE FALLOUT BOY! DIE!
Quote by The-Red-Sky
That's weird. I heard they were amazing live.

I've seen the odd televised concert of BT where they played great, but Ben/Ian have a tendancy to get all crazy on stage, which they don't have the stamina for. The result is Ian missing a bunch of notes, Ben singing out of key, if he even manages to get a breath out at all. Energy is good, but they could tone it down a bit.
Meeeh...
According to BS statistics, 92% of teens have moved on to rap. If you're among the 8% who doesn't consider rap to be real music, donate your brains, as you clearly aren't using them.
Quote by Zuka

Really? I saw them live Becuase i got tickets to Conan O'brien When I was going through there and they were on and i thought they kicked ass.

They definetly give the loadsof shitty-pop punk bands in canada a good Punk-filled haymaker in the face(they arent THAT punk but there the punkiest thing to come out of Canada in awhile)

I dont know one canadian who dosent like them.
I truely hate them.
I don't think I would hate them so much if they weren't on every music video show all the time.
Despite the fact I thinks it's terrible, his voice is unique.
Quote by KileManA7X
You sir, are an honorary genius! Take this badge, you made us proud!
Quote by true_bacon22
Really? I saw them live Becuase i got tickets to Conan O'brien When I was going through there and they were on and i thought they kicked ass.

They definetly give the loadsof shitty-pop punk bands in canada a good Punk-filled haymaker in the face(they arent THAT punk but there the punkiest thing to come out of Canada in awhile)

I dont know one canadian who dosent like them.

Yeah, but Red Flag's Video resonates "Punk"... Thats for sure. Their other videos are more Rock, though.
billy talent are overated as soon as this "emo" scene ends (hopefully soon) then they will e finished unless they evolve there music
I HATE YOU
Quote by _zac_
ill flame as much as i damn well please

suck my balls
I've heard a few songs of their's, and my opinion so far is they're alright. I like the guitar and bass work, and the songs are usually catchy. They have some exposure in the UK, as already said, but they're not huge. It's a lot of the 'scene' kids who like them, which gives them a bit of a bad reputation round my area though. My favourite song has to be Devil in a Midnight mass. It's the only one I can always recall
The will to neither strive nor cry,
The power to feel with others give.
Calm, calm me more; nor let me die
Before I have begun to live.

-Matthew Arnold

Arguments are to be avoided; they are always vulgar and often convincing.
Red Flag is good, even though it got played to death on muchmusic. The only other song I like by them is The Ex.
Ain't Nuthin' But a UG Thang: Generic member of the UG Hip Hop/Guitar Music Equality Illuminati

Quote by mydarkesthour

It seems like UG is full of those Caveman Metalheads

Quote by mydarkesthour
I meant caveman as in long haired....

Quote by the1
Sorry, but how the **** are they emo??

Their fanbase gained a huuuuge Emo Boy/Girl fan increase with the release of BTII. Songs such as "Surrender" and "Perfect World", "Red Flag" and DIAMM really attracted them. Go to their myspace, get a load of some of their "friends".
Quote by P.B.
i
but i did see a cool DVD they put together, it was them right from the start after releasing thier debut CD, until after they released thier second album, watching the crowd grow, it was really interesting to see how crappy life on the road really is.

i'd recomend it to anyone who wants to know what touring is all about.

If you're refering to "Scandelous Travellers" (which I own) its actually about before they made their first album. It was filmed during recording and such.

Quote by Zuka

I actually saw them live at the end of January, and they do not suck live. They've been playing live for about 11 years, so I doubt they wouldnt have the know how to put on a good live show. I admit sometimes the venue doesnt have the right acoustics and not everyones perfect when it comes to performances.
Quote by jazza1234
billy talent are overated as soon as this "emo" scene ends (hopefully soon) then they will e finished unless they evolve there music

First thing's first. YOU'RE and idiot.

Since when was billy talent classified as emo, and when did they start directing their music towards emos? I must have been in a coma for 4 years because I could have sworn they were punk rock.

And if you think billy talent are emo, you are stupid and just hopping on bandwagons my friend because you don't know what the **** emo is.
I was living a lie, now I'm dying to know the truth...
meds
Member #2 of The Improve UG Forums Movement, PM Musical Meds To Join

[20:35] <Horrid> I'm gonna go gay for you.

(23:03:22) <OptimusPrime> I hate black people

DOES NOT HATE JOSH KLINGHOFFER
I've always thought they were something a little different than punk rock, but never bothered to really place them. They just have a large emo fanbase, doesn't make them emo.
The will to neither strive nor cry,
The power to feel with others give.
Calm, calm me more; nor let me die
Before I have begun to live.

-Matthew Arnold

Arguments are to be avoided; they are always vulgar and often convincing.
Exactly
Member #2 of The Improve UG Forums Movement, PM Musical Meds To Join

[20:35] <Horrid> I'm gonna go gay for you.

(23:03:22) <OptimusPrime> I hate black people

DOES NOT HATE JOSH KLINGHOFFER
there not that big here in the uk to be honest but i know a few people in ma skool who like em if they were promoted more more people wud love em guarentee it

they rock best band around atm