I'm considering removing the tone pot on my guitar, seeing as it's always on ten and it's just bleeding off the high end anyway. My knowledge of guitar electronics is...nonexistent. Is it as simple and just removing it and disconnecting the wires, or do I have to actually re-wire anything?
Someones knowledge of guitar companies spelling determines what amps you can own. Really smart people can own things like Framus because they sound like they might be spelled with a "y" but they aren't.
whats the point of getting rid of it?
Dissonance is Bliss

Signal Chain:
Carvin CT-4
Ibanez TS-9
Carvin Quad-X
TC Electronics G-Major
Mesa/Boogie 2:90
Ear Candy BuzzBomb

Member #4 of the Carvin Club
Quote by Doodleface
whats the point of getting rid of it?

To quote myself...

I'm considering removing the tone pot on my guitar, seeing as it's always on ten and it's just bleeding off the high end anyway. My knowledge of guitar electronics is...nonexistent. Is it as simple and just removing it and disconnecting the wires, or do I have to actually re-wire anything?
Someones knowledge of guitar companies spelling determines what amps you can own. Really smart people can own things like Framus because they sound like they might be spelled with a "y" but they aren't.
How many pickups, what kind of switch and how many volume controls do you have?
Will says:
DON'T FEAR THE REAPER!
- SmarterChild - says:
I don't know if I can help it.

Member #6 of the "I play my guitar as high as Tom Morello does" club
Quote by Will_Minus
How many pickups, what kind of switch and how many volume controls do you have?

H-S-H with one volume control. It's an Ibanez S470
Alright, I couldn't find a HSH diagram with a 5 way and only one volume, so I'll just mess with one that already exists.

EDIT: http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v205/ata_bbq_lol_omg/guitar%20stuff/HSH.png
You don't need to rewire anything, just cut all the wires going to the tone pot. Make sure they aren't very long, incase they come in contact with something they're not supposed to, giving you an unpleasant surprise.

Incase you're wondering what to do with the tone pot, I recommend leaving it in, unconnected, just for looks.
Will says:
DON'T FEAR THE REAPER!
- SmarterChild - says:
I don't know if I can help it.

Member #6 of the "I play my guitar as high as Tom Morello does" club
Last edited by Will_Minus at Feb 13, 2007,