Hello all. Needless to say I'm new to the forum. What seems to be the best $100 guitar available today? I am seeing ones such as the Epi Les Paul Special, Squier Bullet Special, Dean Evo XM, Dean Vendetta XM, maybe some BC Rich entry models, etc. Are there any better than others? Thanks.
I'd say any guitar that's $100 isn't a good budget guitar.

Some of the $500+ Epiphones are pretty good, though.
President of the Guitarists Born In 1991 Club. PM blues rocker or I to join

Quote by RadioHead22
I love you greendayguitar
In a non- gay, awkward-man-hug way
i got a lowred price on my gibson flying V.. i got it for 400, its pretty badass. A squire bullet is a piece of crap, but its a good piece of crap
u get what u pay 4
Quote by lobster624
"are you an angel because i have an erection."
Well,the last guy is sort of right, no guitar for 100 bucks is great. But the best one is the Les Paul Special II. I have it and I think its amazing for the price. I'd replace the pick ups on it though,they arent the best.
I recon the Les Paul Special is the best for the money out of all your options but the Strat is the most versatile
Quote by EVHrocks123
ill sell you my old squier bullet for 50 dollars works fine just some nicks in it

I just sent you a PM.
Thanks for the replies everyone. Yeah, I agree that a 100 buck guitar is not going to be any thing special, and I should have mentioned in my original thread that it is for a backup / second guitar. I was just looking the best in that price catagory, the one that will more likely give the least amount of problems. So far from the replies it sounds like the Epi may be the better of the less. I remember I once had a Squier Bullet Special with one humbucker some time ago that did the job for backup - sure, not the best guitar but it stayed in tune during string breaks of the main guitar.

Does Ibanez offer such a guitar in that price range?
This will sound weird but I would stay away from the squier bullet. I would either go with the squier 51 or and olp axis. You can find both on musicians friend .com and both should qualify for free shipping. I believe they both are receiving good reviews. Check them out
Quote by Lynchworm
This will sound weird but I would stay away from the squier bullet. I would either go with the squier 51 or and olp axis. You can find both on musicians friend .com and both should qualify for free shipping. I believe they both are receiving good reviews. Check them out

Yeah, I'd go with the 51. It has a basswood body whereas most of the other guitars in that price range are gonna be made out of "Premium Tonewood" (code for laminated plywood)
Quote by CowsWithGuns
And the facade of heterosexualism in the punk and ska forum came crashing down like a fat girl falling off a balcony...
I suggest you don't get one of those guitars, even if you're a beginner, they're just so...bad. If you're still contemplating on whether or not guitar is your thing or not, then yeah! Go for the 100 dollar guitars, but if you know you're heart is set on the instrument...then save more money.
Co-Founder of the Orange Revolution Club

-Esp/Ltd Ec-1000 w/ BKP Mules
-2-channel Titan
-Oversized Bogner 2x12 Cabinet
-Fulltone OCD
-RMC Picture Wah
-T.C. Electronic Nova Delay
-Larrivee D-03R
What about those cheapy deans? Ive heard good things about them. I think one is called the Vendetta and the other is a les paul style thing.
Founder of the EHX Users Guild
My Photography

Quote by Kyle-Rehm
Please don't tell me I'm the only one that clicked this thread thinking I would learn how to make my guitar sound like a grizzly bear.
Quote by pacoasterrider
what kind of music are you playing?

I'm doing a neo-punk thing. Kind of like the Social Distortion sound . . .
Quote by soul_power
What about those cheapy deans? Ive heard good things about them. I think one is called the Vendetta and the other is a les paul style thing.

I've been curious about the Dean Vendetta and Evo XM's too. Harmony Central has mixed reviews on them. I think the Squier '51 has the best reviews so far.
Anyone here tried the Dean VX? I thought about getting one and maybe changing pickups on it. I'm kind of in the same pickle as "bfloyd".
Personally, I'd rather flush $100 down the toilet than buy a new guitar with it. Same results, but flushing's faster. My son bought an Epiphone Jr new with his mother last summer, and I was happy to get $60 for it on Craig's List. Never stayed in tune, tone knob did nothing, crap.

Either save a little, or watch your local Craig's for used stuff. That's my best advice.
You Don't Need a halfstack.

You Don't Need 100W.

Quote by jj1565
i love you slats.
yeah looking back and playing my first guitar, get a pedal or save up atleast 400 for a Epi LP standard for a backup, there great backup guitars. I wouldn't spend under 300 bucks on a guitar no matter what. When your starting you dont care about staying in tune as much as you would right now.
go with the squier 51'. i have one trust me its great.

i would have paid 250$ for it and still have been happy.
You forgot about the Ibanez AS73. Save up a bit and you won't be disappointed. $100 isn't enough for even a barely servicable, entry-level electric IMO.
Heads up to everyone, new person using this account
The Squier '51 is an intense guitar, and easily moddable. Drop a 3-saddle brass vintage Tele bridge, Schaller locking tuners, new electronics and new pickups in, then take it to a guitar shop for fret dressing and a pro setup, and you'll have a guitar that sounds and plays like something worth 5 times what you paid.

(That was a damn long sentence.)
The Laney Thread are big and clever. No exceptions.