how does a p90 transform the sound of a les paul compared to a humbucker? Thanks.
Minister of Zeppelinism, PM TheHeartBreaker to join
#6 member of the oasis fan club
Cardinal of The 1st Church of Frusciantism
'89 fender american strat
Vox ad15vt
Peavey raptor plus EXP(bridge: alnico 2 pro)
yamaha f-310p
more single coily...more mid/high end. Sounds a bit thinner than a humbuckered les paul, but sounds freakin amazing IMO.
http://www.theweekendkids.com

Gibson Les Paul Studio w/dirtyfingers pickups
Gibson Joan Jett Melody Maker
VOX ac30 head
Marshall 1960 4x12 cab
Fender Hot Rod Deville
im just debating on whether a fender HSS standard strat is better then an agile al3000 with p90's for rock music. Any input?
Minister of Zeppelinism, PM TheHeartBreaker to join
#6 member of the oasis fan club
Cardinal of The 1st Church of Frusciantism
'89 fender american strat
Vox ad15vt
Peavey raptor plus EXP(bridge: alnico 2 pro)
yamaha f-310p
id go with the fender HSS over the agile. Is the fender MIM or MIA?

id still go for a fender, more variety in tone. Unless you like the sound of P-90s, then you shouldnt get them. So i suggest you play an agile, or a les paul with p-90s to get the idea before you want to expiriment,
http://www.theweekendkids.com

Gibson Les Paul Studio w/dirtyfingers pickups
Gibson Joan Jett Melody Maker
VOX ac30 head
Marshall 1960 4x12 cab
Fender Hot Rod Deville
I was wondering the same thing too, Are they a much fatter tone than single coils?
Quote by marsvoltaguy
i say both. you always have the option to not use the pedal at all but it will still be there like that obsessed chick you took to homecoming and never called again, sitting there waiting for your call. so yea both
Quote by dantiberian
I was wondering the same thing too, Are they a much fatter tone than single coils?

Yes, I think that most are actually a bit closer to a humbucker sound than the typical single coil sound. Ark pretty much nailed it, and I personally find them more raunchy than other pu's.
Quote by CowsWithGuns
And the facade of heterosexualism in the punk and ska forum came crashing down like a fat girl falling off a balcony...