i was just wondering whats the difference between "record of the year" and "song of the year"?
je suis haut
record: album
song: a track from an album
Dissonance is Bliss

Signal Chain:
Carvin CT-4
Ibanez TS-9
Carvin Quad-X
TC Electronics G-Major
Mesa/Boogie 2:90
Ear Candy BuzzBomb

Member #4 of the Carvin Club
errr... record would mean album, as in the whole albums great, and song of the year would be just a single song that is deemed the best of the year.
i always wondered what the difference is between record of the year and album of the year
OAKLAND A's - 9 TIME CHAMPS!!

DUKE BLUE DEVILS - 4 TIME CHAMPS & 19 TIME ACC CHAMPS!!

OAKLAND RAIDERS - 4 TIME LEAGUE CHAMPS!!

GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS - 3 TIME LEAGUE CHAMPS!!

SAN JOSE SHARKS - NONE LOL!!
NO! record of the year is for best song. Song of the year is for songwriting - as in the actual writers, not just the artist, get the award. Album of the year is for the album as a whole.
Quote by fluffylump2
NO! record of the year is for best song. Song of the year is for songwriting - as in the actual writers, not just the artist, get the award. Album of the year is for the album as a whole.

Ah, my bad
Quote by fluffylump2

real artists write their own songs
Now officially has too much gear to list

PM me if you want to know about my recording setup
Quote by fluffylump2

finally a correct answer

Quote by fluffylump2
sure.

ok then, Dimebag Darrel Abbott (RIP) is my all time hero, you're going to tell me he didn't write his own material?
... thats right, **** you

Quote by cerveza
ok then, Dimebag Darrel Abbott (RIP) is my all time hero, you're going to tell me he didn't write his own material?

please tell me where I said that and then I will proceed to pwn you.
Quote by fluffylump2

Quote by cerveza
real artists write their own songs

sure.

right about there... pwn away ****stain

Everyone knows the Grammy's are essentially run by 15 year old girls and their minions anyways,,,,that being said any award show with that much decided by stupidity and evil are in no way qualified to be taken seriously by actual musicians
Quote by rokket2005
Everyone knows the Grammy's are essentially run by 15 year old girls and their minions anyways,,,,that being said any award show with that much decided by stupidity and evil are in no way qualified to be taken seriously by actual musicians

i dont think they would come up with a tribute to the eagles
"There are millions of people in the world, and none of those people are an extra. They're all leads in their own stories."
<//////>~
Quote by cerveza

I'm guessing he mysteriously became your "hero" the day after he was killed, as is the case with many bandwagon-riding teens nowadays...
Quote by Godzilla1969
I'm guessing he mysteriously became your "hero" the day after he was killed, as is the case with many bandwagon-riding teens nowadays...

nope i would have had to have been playing guitar when that happened, instead i was hardly into music and barely knew what Pantera, or who Dime, was. he became my hero the first time i heard a Pantera song (Cemetary Gates), and then i wanted to learn to play guitar

Last edited by cerveza at Feb 14, 2007,