whats the best v i can get for $300-$500?
Quote by AgentWiggles
Thanks, douche.

Quote by SlayingDragons
Dude...

Gear:
Ibanez SZ 520QM
Ibanez RG 450DXB
Fender Big Apple Stratocaster
Pod XT Live
Peavey XXX Half Stack
Peavey Bandit 112
and a soul of Rock n' Roll
Last edited by Sean-Man at Feb 13, 2007,
probably the faded V... but i think that's $600
My League of Legends stream
The morning will come
In the press of every kiss
With your head upon my chest

Where I will annoy you
With every waking breath
Until you, decide to wake up
well i think u can get a flying v from gibson but the faded one for like 5 or 600 bucks.
Quote by Dom5412

definitely go with the epiphone... i'll try and find a better epiphone V, because the low-end gibsons pretty much suck compared to epiphones of the same price

EDIT: depending on what you play, you should probably get one of these.
http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Epiphone-1958-Flying-V-Electric-Guitar?sku=518422

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Epiphone-Korina-Flying-V-1958-Electric-Guitar?sku=518235

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Epiphone-Goth-1958-Flying-V-Electric-Guitar?sku=517234

I would say one of the first two, but it's your choice.
The morning will come

Where I will annoy you
With every waking breath
Last edited by SOADrox429 at Feb 13, 2007,
how much are the new v-blades? thatd be worth a look.

its 579.99. id get thatone if i were you.
Quote by SOADrox429
definitely go with the epiphone... i'll try and find a better epiphone V, because the low-end gibsons pretty much suck compared to epiphones of the same price

That's bull. have you actually tried the faded v's? Many people prefer those to regular v's. the faded sg's are the ones that aren't up to par.
Quote by wonder725
That's bull. have you actually tried the faded v's? Many people prefer those to regular v's. the faded sg's are the ones that aren't up to par.

I'm sure a good sg would beat whatever you have.
Quote by MetalMilitia212
If you're spending 300-500, shape isn't what you should be worrying about.

yeah, that's true
The morning will come

Where I will annoy you
With every waking breath
Korean Dean V
Korean Hamer Vector
It's a fine line between clever and stupid.
Quote by wonder725

The faded series in general suck. If you like the Randy Rhoads' shape, try out the RR3.

http://www.americanmusical.com/item--i-JAC-2940012-508.html

http://www.zzounds.com/item--JAC2940012

NOTE: Neither have FR's, just string through so its all good.
Guitars
Agile 3100 CSB
ESP MH400 w/ Trem-Setter
Epi G-310
Applause Acoustic

Amps
1968 Fender Vibrochamp - Great amp, only $100 fixxer-upper
Line 6 Spider II

REMEMBER, ALL TONE IS SUBJECTIVE!
^No actually they don't. Have YOU tried the faded dc, sg, lp, or v? no? Then i suggest you don't bash them. Faded sg's, lp's, and dc's, are overpriced but even some experienced guitar players think that the v's are actually better than the normals because of the lack of finish. I was skeptical at first too but it's true. I HAVE tried them all and the v is the only one worth it's cost and more. And how do you expect people to believe your opinion when you own not only a spider II but also an mg and peavey ss? I doubt you've even tried one. Stop parrotting what you've heard and spreading lies.
I have 2 friends with faded series, a V with the crescent moon inlays, and another friend that had the SG, but most likely sold it for money to get drugs. I have also played others at Guitar Center and just because I have an MG and a Spider doesn't mean my point is invalid. Just because I can't afford expensive amps doesn't mean I don't know what I'm talking about so you should stop the bashing and shut the **** up, seriously, people are so ignorant on this board.

Anyways, don't go with low-level Gibsons since they are decent, but no where near what their higher counterparts.
Guitars
Agile 3100 CSB
ESP MH400 w/ Trem-Setter
Epi G-310
Applause Acoustic

Amps
Line 6 Spider II

Last edited by SGStrummer61 at Feb 13, 2007,
If you can afford 3 shitty amps then you can afford 1 decent one. My point isn't that because you have 3 shitty amps you are untrustworthy. My point is that you're saying that fadeds suck but how can people trust your ear for tone when you can't even tell that spiders, marshalls, and peavey ss's are not up to the standards of their price range?

Low level gibsons CAN compete with their higher counterparts although it's mostly a matter of preference.
Dude, his price range is 300-500, not that much. Plus, I don't use my amps much unless I am at band practice. Mostly, I use my pedal. Also, my Peavey was my dad's from the 80's, so I didn't buy that one. Also, I can get some pretty good tones from my Marshall and Line 6, its just most people think they suck because they don't EQ for their environment and don't have it at the right position. Both are decent amps.
Guitars
Agile 3100 CSB
ESP MH400 w/ Trem-Setter
Epi G-310
Applause Acoustic

Amps
Line 6 Spider II

It's not that hard to talk someone down from 580 to 500. I did it. And you can buy used. Pedals don't change the amp tone that much and yeah, mg's and spiders are decent, but not for what they cost. The spider maybe but not the mg.
Quote by wonder725
^No actually they don't. Have YOU tried the faded dc, sg, lp, or v? no? Then i suggest you don't bash them. Faded sg's, lp's, and dc's, are overpriced but even some experienced guitar players think that the v's are actually better than the normals because of the lack of finish. I was skeptical at first too but it's true. I HAVE tried them all and the v is the only one worth it's cost and more. And how do you expect people to believe your opinion when you own not only a spider II but also an mg and peavey ss? I doubt you've even tried one. Stop parrotting what you've heard and spreading lies.

I bought a faded double cutaway a few months ago and I absolutely love it, but I had to play a lot of unbelievably shitty faded's before I found one that played well, sounded great and was well put together. If you can pick a good faded out of all the shit, they are well worth the money- you just have to be prepared to play a bunch first.
Quote by CowsWithGuns
And the facade of heterosexualism in the punk and ska forum came crashing down like a fat girl falling off a balcony...
Yeah i've heard about people getting thos great fadeds out of a pile of shit but unfortunatly i havn't been able to find one except for a few v's. But since i spend a lot of time playing sitting down i'll be going for a prs se instead.