Is the Line Spider III 75 Watt amp a good amp for 300 bucks? If its not, can ya'll recommend one for me.I'm looking anywhere from 350-450 dollars, and I play calssic rock, from Guns N Roses to AC/DC
Roland Cube 60 man. You can't go wrong. I have one and love it
Celtic FootballClub1888
yeah i have a spider 3 120 watt. i love it, but it kinda sucks for when you want to use a pedal with it. I would look around for something different. get a flextone if you want to get a line 6
i have the spider III 150, and its pretty good. it has four channels, which is crazy, but whatever hahaha. its also really useful.
if your really looking for great sound, save up the money you would spend on all the amps and pedals and weird doinking effect stuff your going to buy over the next 3 or 4 years and buy a mesa or marshall or high-end vox. dont limit yourself tho, there are a ton of great amp companies outside of the big ones.
i mean, personally, i like my spider mainly cuz of all the channels and its ability to save settings. thats really useful to me because i cant stop in the middle of a gig to take ten minutes to fine-tune my sound for every solo and fill. but, if your less into switching to a different tone for every part of a song than i am, im sure the cube, vox, marshall, or mesa will do you good.
Spiders= bad.

Once your ear develops for tone, you will realise why they suck and how digital they sound.

For classic rock you want a marshall JCM 800
Quote by Pookie6
Yngwi3, You win this whole monstrosity of a thread.

Quote by uk.mace
For the best tingle, use Original Source mint. That shit feels amazing on your balls.

Godfather of The Diezel Mafia
Quote by Yngwi3
Spiders= bad.

Once your ear develops for tone, you will realise why they suck and how digital they sound.

For classic rock you want a marshall JCM 800

Tell me where to find a 350-400 dollar jcm 800, then I'll agree with you.

Threastarter, in all honesty, I am saying please, don't get a spider amp. I've played one numerous times at a friends house. It will sound ok for metal, but everything else (and I mean EVERYTHING sounds so digitlazied, it sounds like you're processing it out of a computer or something). I really do suggest you get a cube 30 or a 60, you won't be dissapointed. Great solid state amps for what they are .

Good luck!
Co-Founder of the Orange Revolution Club

-Esp/Ltd Ec-1000 w/ BKP Mules
-2-channel Titan
-Oversized Bogner 2x12 Cabinet
-Fulltone OCD
-RMC Picture Wah
-T.C. Electronic Nova Delay
-Larrivee D-03R
ygwie, shut up, it has nothing to do with how developed and ear is, it's what you want it for
Quote by Jinskee
Tell me where to find a 350-400 dollar jcm 800, then I'll agree with you.

hahaha my bad- didnt see the price tag

Quote by El Penguino
ygwie, shut up, it has nothing to do with how developed and ear is, it's what you want it for

haha- you're an idiot.

1. Learn to spell "Yngwi3".
2. Learn where to put an "and" in a sentence.
4. If your ear hasnt developed for tone, you will think that a Line 6 spider sounds like the dogs bollocks (the good way). if it has, then you will think it just sound...like...bollocks...the bad way lol.
5. Read posts closely enough to realise i jumped from 2 to 4.
Quote by Pookie6

Quote by uk.mace
For the best tingle, use Original Source mint. That shit feels amazing on your balls.

Last edited by Yngwi3 at Feb 13, 2007,
Yngwie is right (I don't care how you spell your name, lol )

I used to think that the line 6 was TEHZ PWNZ0RX when my friend brought it over with his gibson les paul. I was going to purchase a line 6, but then I came to UG and everyone told me off just like what you're going through now .

Now that I got my cube and i compared it to the line 6, there's a big difference. Trust me.
Co-Founder of the Orange Revolution Club

-Esp/Ltd Ec-1000 w/ BKP Mules
-2-channel Titan
-Oversized Bogner 2x12 Cabinet
-Fulltone OCD
-RMC Picture Wah
-T.C. Electronic Nova Delay
-Larrivee D-03R
EDIT: sorry didn't realise your budget was up to $450. In that case I'd suggest an Ashdown Fallen Angel 40 at $400 it would crap all over the Spider.
Last edited by treagar at Feb 13, 2007,
Quote by Jinskee
Yngwie is right (I don't care how you spell your name, lol )

I used to think that the line 6 was TEHZ PWNZ0RX when my friend brought it over with his gibson les paul. I was going to purchase a line 6, but then I came to UG and everyone told me off just like what you're going through now .

Now that I got my cube and i compared it to the line 6, there's a big difference. Trust me.

a GIBSON LES PAUL through a Spider???? That's just sacrilege

lol, did the 1, 2, 4 pass over your head too? lolz
Quote by Pookie6

Quote by uk.mace

I owned a Spider 3 75 for about a week before exchanging it for a Peavey Valveking.

What I've found with the Spider 3 is that, if you're relatively new to playing guitar and/or don't have very good gear, the Spider 3 will trick your ears into thinking your sound is better than it is. At first I thought it was great cause of the distortion at the insane setting, but the clean setting annoyed me. I found myself never turning on the chorus and echo effects when trying to find my own settings.

Then my cousin and his bandmate came over to show me how limited the Spider 3 75 really is by hooking up their gear(pedals, ESP ec1000, etc) to it and then showing me how it sounded next to a Fender Hotrod. I wasn't happy at all and they told me to go tube. So back to the store Spider 3 and welcome home Valveking.
Quote by Dyzzy
I owned a Spider 3 75 for about a week before exchanging it for a Peavey Valveking.

What I've found with the Spider 3 is that, if you're relatively new to playing guitar and/or don't have very good gear, the Spider 3 will trick your ears into thinking your sound is better than it is. At first I thought it was great cause of the distortion at the insane setting, but the clean setting annoyed me. I found myself never turning on the chorus and echo effects when trying to find my own settings.

Then my cousin and his bandmate came over to show me how limited the Spider 3 75 really is by hooking up their gear(pedals, ESP ec1000, etc) to it and then showing me how it sounded next to a Fender Hotrod. I wasn't happy at all and they told me to go tube. So back to the store Spider 3 and welcome home Valveking.

good man

although the VK is meant to have issues of it's own including reliability problems and gain misunderstandings
Quote by Pookie6

Quote by uk.mace