So im thinking about getting a renown 212 peavey its like 20 years old. I have a peavey bass amp about ass old I don't use it a lot but it seems pretty good and really durable. I also have a transtube 218 and have wanted to get a big amp so I can play above drums and stuff. SO what are other peoples opinion on peavey amps.
Its daddys Junky Music and they got a bunch of these and even if I get it home and decide I don't like it in a year I will get the $160 store credit towards a different one. I heard the distortions light so I'm going to get a used line 6 uber metal with it.
is it solid state or tube? old peavey tube amps are nice.
gibson sg
ltd ex-250 w/ emg 81/85
danelectro piece of crap
boogie mark III simul head (purple stripe)
boogie DC-5 112 (FS)
all tube peavey bravo 112
its a solid state ill see what I can find out about a peavey tube amp tho im not to stuck on this one
I found some 2-10" and 2-12" peavey heritage and classic tube amps they don't cost that much more. How much better are the tube amps, would I have to replace tubes. Also would it be good to give me heavey rock to death metal tones with a pedal?

Hows the Crate Bluevoodoo 2x12 60w I believe its a tube amp and I think it should be good for metal any1 know anything about it I found one. I would have to save for but if its worth it and will get me good death metal tones I would be glad to save up for it.
Last edited by 420 FREAK at Feb 13, 2007,
it depends on how much gain the amp has... any of the peavey ultras or triumphs get plenty heavy if you know how to eq them. a tube amp will give give you better tone and will be louder than most solid state amps. i used to use a metal pedal on my amp until i learned how to use it's overdrive properly. i play metal also but i won't touch a distortion pedal anymore. the blue voodoo might be more up your alley.
gibson sg
ltd ex-250 w/ emg 81/85
danelectro piece of crap
boogie DC-5 112 (FS)
i don't think the heritage and i know the classic won't be right for death metal
gibson sg
ltd ex-250 w/ emg 81/85
danelectro piece of crap
boogie DC-5 112 (FS)
Budget?
RIP Jasmine You.

Lieutenant of the 7-string/ERG Legion

Quote by FaygoBro420
Yo wassup, I'm trying to expand my musical horizons if you know what I mean, so can anybody reccomend me some cool Juggalo jazz?
$300 or $350 is about the most I can spend my parents said once I buy my guitar (which is in 2 weeks) I can pay them back for an amp but I'm sure I'll have to save some of it up first if it costs around $300.
Oddly enough I played through both an 80's Peavey Renown and a Blue Voodoo for years, I'd definitely go with the BV. Crate has a bad reputation but the BV series is actually a pretty damn good amp. I used a BV120 for 5 or 6 years and was very happy with it. It's very similar tonally to a Marshall DSL but has independent channel EQ's and is half the price.
PRS Dave Navarro signature/Burny RLC-70 - Sonuus Wahoo wah/filter - Vox ToneLabLE - Boss DD-5 - Zoom MS-50G - Modded Ampeg VT-22 100-watt tube head or Peavey VK100 100-watt tube head (6L6GC's in both) - Soldano 4X12 cab w/Eminence Legends.
I read reviews on harmony central and this is the amp I'll be getting I just hope its still there when I'm able to buy it if not I'll search for another one.
you can get the lower-ish end used peavey amps for really cheap- i got my main amp for $125, and it's great. and on the footswitch- for $2, you can get the official peavey one.
Quote by corduroyEW
Cheap amps are "that bad". They suck up your tone like cocaine at Kate Moss' party.

I am Michael!
I found one for $160 with footswitch but I'm thinking the blue voodoo might be better for my kind of music and its a tube amp and that doesn't come with a footswitch but it all depends on what they have in stock when I can get it.
That cab, while not the greatest, should work fine. Actually, BV's are two-channel amps so you will want to get a footswitch if you want to be able to switch channels live. You can get a pretty heavy sound running straight into a BV (especially if you crank it) but you may want to use an OD pedal with it if you're playing metal. I used to use an MXR ZW-44 with mine, it worked really well.
PRS Dave Navarro signature/Burny RLC-70 - Sonuus Wahoo wah/filter - Vox ToneLabLE - Boss DD-5 - Zoom MS-50G - Modded Ampeg VT-22 100-watt tube head or Peavey VK100 100-watt tube head (6L6GC's in both) - Soldano 4X12 cab w/Eminence Legends.
Yea I'll probably get a footswitch but I don't think playing live is going to be a problem anytime soon I actually found other blue voodoo heads too and believe I will be getting a head and cab. Does anyone know if you can run a guitar head through a regular amp tempporarly because I won't be able to get a cab for like a month and a half but I got a big bass amp that sounds good on clean.