Page 1 of 3
Post what you usually think of yourself as. Also post or explain what it is.

EX:Nihilist, Agnostic, Misanthropic, Jewish, Catholic. Pretty much any ideal you want.

I think of myself as a relativist. This means that I think everything can be viewed differently and that there are no absolute truths. It all depends on your perspective.
What's up?
everything i believe is right and anyone who disagrees with me is wrong. what is that called?
I'm a Catholic but i don't think other religions are wrong but i think some like the one's created by a king are not the best but i'm open to new ideas and don't care much
Raise Your Hand If you Like:

3 inches of blood
Amon Amarth
Coheed and Cambria
Death Cab For Cutie
Every Time I Die
I Killed the Prom Queen
In Flames
Pride Tiger

My cousins band from Vancouver-NWOBCHM- myspace.com/scarstruckmetalband
neo socratic cynicist
Quote by spazzymagee417
i would pay more for a midget corpse than an average size corpse
Quote by schecter_guy
everything i believe is right and anyone who disagrees with me is wrong. what is that called?
Asshole??
Electrics:ˑˑˑˑˑˑˑˑˑˑˑˑˑˑAmps:
Jackson DKMGFFˑˑˑˑˑˑˑˑˑˑRandall RG100SC G2
Washburn DIME 333ˑˑˑˑˑˑˑRandall RH200X / RA412 2x Half-Stacks
ESP LTD EC-1000 STCB
Dean From Hell CFH
Quote by HPLoveCraft
Post what you usually think of yourself as. Also post or explain what it is.

EX:Nihilist, Agnostic, Misanthropic, Jewish, Catholic. Pretty much any ideal you want.

I think of myself as a relativist. This means that I think everything can be viewed differently and that there are no absolute truths. It all depends on your perspective.

A Liberal?

I'm an Atheistic Anti-religionist. I don't very much like the latter part of that, but I can't help it.
Quote by Adamus9
I'm a Catholic but i don't think other religions are wrong but i think some like the one's created by a king are not the best but i'm open to new ideas and don't care much

Might just be me but doesn't that contradict itself. I believe being Christian means your religion is the only right one, atleast that is what I get from the first two commandments.
^ No not a liberal because I call fat people fat and I don't try to watch what I say.
What's up?
meh, im KINDA christian

in a way that i believe in Jesus and God n what not, but i tend to refrain from following 'the rules' of christianity
Quote by schecter_guy

dogmaticism.
Quote by Necrophagist777

I agree, i always help people up. At the last show we all protected this little kid who was tying his shoe in the middle of the pit.

http://www.mylot.com/?ref=Phase3
Quote by HPLoveCraft
there are no absolute truths.

Except that one?

As for myself: I am.
To see a World in a Grain of Sand
And a Heaven in a Wild Flower
Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand
And Eternity in an hour
Quote by AceOfBlades
meh, im KINDA christian

in a way that i believe in Jesus and God n what not, but i tend to refrain from following 'the rules' of christianity

i am the same way, i still try and be open with every religion, i will take all of them into consideration, and if someone has a deffernt belief then i will respect that.......

....i just hate people who shove their religion on you *cough* *cough* self-righteous Christians
Quote by magicninja_
I'm a Saganist. See Carl Sagan*

I seem to remember that you're older than the majority of UG'ers, so hopefully you can answer this for me. Is 'dragons of eden' worth reading? I know he got the '76 (i think?) pilitzer for it, but i mean, it could still be a boring read.

I'm only breifly familiar with Sagan, having only read 'Broca's Brain' - which I found really interesting.
To see a World in a Grain of Sand
And a Heaven in a Wild Flower
Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand
And Eternity in an hour
Quote by AceOfBlades
meh, im KINDA christian

Then you are not christian.

Quote by Bible

1 John 3:9
No one who is born of God will continue to sin, because God's seed remains in him; he cannot go on sinning, because he has been born of God.

You give us bad names! You make people think Christians are sinners just like everyone else!

Quote by Quantonyne
i am the same way, i still try and be open with every religion, i will take all of them into consideration, and if someone has a deffernt belief then i will respect that.......

....i just hate people who shove their religion on you *cough* *cough* self-righteous Christians

You are a sinner too! TURN AWAY! Rejoin Christ in all his righteousness!
Last edited by Tyrannous at Feb 13, 2007,
Quote by Tyrannous

You give us bad names! You make people think Christians are sinners just like everyone else!

i enjoy being called a sinner

the hammer bashery i could do without
Quote by AceOfBlades
i enjoy being called a sinner

the hammer bashery i could do without

Ok well I am sorry I'll take it out SINNER!
^

EDIT: the smiley REFUSES to work....

is this God's punishment for my sins?

EDIT AGAIN: thanks Jesus
Last edited by AceOfBlades at Feb 13, 2007,
Quote by iain4444
I seem to remember that you're older than the majority of UG'ers, so hopefully you can answer this for me. Is 'dragons of eden' worth reading? I know he got the '76 (i think?) pilitzer for it, but i mean, it could still be a boring read.

I'm only breifly familiar with Sagan, having only read 'Broca's Brain' - which I found really interesting.

You're asking me? A self-proclaimed Sagnist? I'd say anything Sagan is worth reading. I haven't read that one but it's been proclaimed as one of his best. He's not as pedantic as most. His way of trying to explain things and put forth his ideas is what makes the man great. I say read everything by him you can get your hands on. If you do you'll be a Saganist just like me.

Also try to find episodes of the PBS seires "Cosmos". Awesome.
Last edited by magicninja_ at Feb 13, 2007,
Quote by Tyrannous

ummm your......i hate to say this...wrong.

Christians are sinners just like everyone else, no man is free from sin, unless you were Jesus then he was the only one free of sin, so by saying that Christians are not sinners is like saying that you are jesus, which is like saying you are god, which as you know is like a BIG sin.

so i do believe that you anus just got ripped, just admit you sin and ask for forgiveness, thats how it works, right?????? go kill someone, go rape, go steal, its ok come sunday you can ask for forgiveness, what a load of bullshit.
Quote by Quantonyne

Christians are sinners just like everyone else, no man is free from sin, unless you were Jesus then he was the only one free of sin, so by saying that Christians are not sinners is like saying that you are jesus, which is like saying you are god, which as you know is like a BIG sin.

so i do believe that you anus just got ripped, just admit you sin and ask for forgiveness, thats how it works, right?????? go kill someone, go rape, go steal, its ok come sunday you can ask for forgiveness, what a load of bullshit.

I love christianity and it's forgiving ways

and yep, accordin to the bible (I think) all men are born with 'the original sin' thanks to the bastards that were Adam and Eve
ok so this is how i look at organized religion, is all shit.

now this is a bad place to find faith but it sounds perfect to me.

In the movie Dogma someone says "There is no right or wrong faith, just as long as you have faith in something"

Thats how i see it, its not who is wrong and who is right, its a matter of weather you have faith or not and if it is strong.
im a realist, i cut through all the bull s hitt people say and tell them how it is and what is right but i say nothing when it comes to opinions.
Quote by Metal claw
I only ever do it whenever I get a new toothbrush. I just stuck the old one up my ass then threw it away when I was done.

98% of teens have been around or have had alcohol. Put this in your sig if you like bagels.
Quote by High_Frequency
im a realist, i cut through all the bull s hitt people say and tell them how it is and what is right but i say nothing when it comes to opinions.

you really do sound like the life of the party
Athiestic Cynic...
Quote by Mike Birbiglia
I went to the doctor, and they found something in my bladder. And whenever they find something, it's never anything good like, "We found something in your bladder AND IT'S SEASON TICKETS TO THE YANKEES!!

Do you folks like folk?
Quote by Quantonyne

So you are going to tell me you are argueing Christian beliefs with me!? Even when my arguement came straight from the Bible!? You sir are a SINNER! You just basphemed the name the infallibility of the Bible! REPENT! JOIN ME! Jesus is waiting for you to accept the truth!
Quote by Tyrannous
So you are going to tell me you are argueing Christian beliefs with me!? Even when my arguement came straight from the Bible!? You sir are a SINNER! You just basphemed the name the infallibility of the Bible! REPENT! JOIN ME! Jesus is waiting for you to accept the truth!

Spelling blasphemy wrong is a sin! REPENT!
Quote by Quantonyne

In the movie Dogma someone says "There is no right or wrong faith, just as long as you have faith in something"

Thats how i see it, its not who is wrong and who is right, its a matter of weather you have faith or not and if it is strong.

Well people with strong faith as a general rules means their faith is wrong. And nice job basing such a complicated thing as faith off of a Kevin Smith movie
Quote by Tyrannous

Quote by Dirge Humani
Spelling blasphemy wrong is a sin! REPENT!

Luckily for me failure to use spell check isn't a sin! Phew good thing I am so good
Quote by Quantonyne

In the movie Dogma someone says "There is no right or wrong faith, just as long as you have faith in something"[/U]

that is exactly how is see things. and great idea for a thread BTW, its very interesting and so is your afterlife one.
Quote by Tyrannous

I can't tell tone on the net
are you joking?

either way Dogma is a fuccking hilarious movie as well as awesomely insightful into religion in its own way
Quote by Tyrannous

did i ever say that i am not a sinner, cause i am, i will be the FIRST one to tell you, it seems like the only argument you put forth in your posts is that we are sinners.

I do believe that science can prove the bible wrong, but it could prove the koran wrong also. So what i am saying is that science can prove almost anything wrong.

Also anyone can make up some bogus story and start a religion (look at Scientology), all you need is a certain number of followers.

What about before Jesus's time, did those people just die and burn in hell, which would be happening to all of us had jesus not died for us, so really do we deserve to go to heaven, or since jesus felt pity on us we get to join him, really it makes it look like heaven is the ultimate country club.
Quote by Nick_
I can't tell tone on the net
are you joking?

either way Dogma is a fuccking hilarious movie as well as awesomely insightful into religion in its own way

Just remember
Page 1 of 3