Help me to learn this part of the song. I can't play this part here is the link to watch me play it. I want constructive criticism also help I dont know how to play the X. Here is the tab and below is a link of me playing the song, so check it out and help abrother out. lata

------------------------------------3-3-s-5-s-7-s-8-s-10------------|
5--5-------------1--1-------------3-x----x----x-----x------x---|

5--5-(16 times)1--1(16 times)1-1-s-3-s-5-s-6-s-8-------------|
5--5-------------1--1---------------------------------------------|

http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=vids.myvideos&MyToken=b2a285d1-343e-4c94-9c0f-d8726692fd69
X= Mute note..place your finger on the string, but don't press down then hit it..the note should sound dead.
Gear: Schecter Damien FR
15W Crate amp
Danelectro FAB Distortion pedal
Quote by rizo299
This thread is a bit curve-full, as in it has lots of curves, but no point.
It depends on what the knobs are on. if the knobs are on your guitar, it depends on how many there are to tell you what they do. if there on your amp, there most likely gain, bass, mid, high(treble) and some amps have more knobs than that, mine has 16, because it has two channels.
Ignore my last post, that was in the wrong thread, and for some reason there no edit button... anyhow, yeah those are dead notes. but something ive always wondered was to get a dead note sound, where should you put your finger? above what fret? ive always done them where ever the closest fret was that i knew would make a natural harmonic. those sound off when your trying to do a dead note.
They are octaves which are best played by muting the string with the underside of your index finger which should be fretting the lower note.

Next time use Code when posting tabs.
ಥ_ಥ
Quote by ProphetikPsycho
X= Mute note..place your finger on the string, but don't press down then hit it..the note should sound dead.

by muting, you mean softly putting the finger on the x string right? can someone check the video to see if I palm muted, probably not, but always good to hear some feedback