i cant get my tone right! everyones seen my bite things, but now the tone is just shiat. any one know how i can fix this? im looking for AC/DC, Judas Priest, Maiden, MCR, GnR, megadeth.

i got a sss strat, squier '51, ibanez AXS32, blues junior, metal muff, big muff, ts808, and crybaby.

dont say i dont have the right gear, cos i know i do. i just dont use it right! help!?
You could get a pickup booster to make the single coils sound more like humbuckers. Also, maybe (not sure) pick harder. I'm not sure if it'll help much, but I'm pretty sure that a lot of guitarists at least pick hard. Try it, it might work.
"Notes are expensive. . .use them wisely"-B.B. King

"It's been very important throughout my career that I've met all the guys I've copied, because at each stage they've said, 'Don't play like me, play like you."-Eric Clapton
A lot of the tone is in your fingers.
Quote by BaSsReBeL171

guess what i would do to you with 2 twizzlers, a lemon, and a pack of hershey kisses.

It wouldnt be pretty
Humbuckers

Quote by emad
jthm_guitarist
Warned for trolling!

Quote by metal4eva_22
Didn't you say that you had a stuffed fox that you would occasionally fuck?

Quote by Axelfox
It's not a fox,it's a wolf.
You don't have the right gear.
Quote by paulefty
Dr. No I LOVE YOUR AVATAR!
maybe you should get a gibson

EDIT: VVV i know, that's what makes my comment so amusing
Last edited by kyrreca at Feb 13, 2007,
how?

first off. i dont suck. so thats what some of you are implying.

the AXS32 is humbuckers/mahogany. the '51 is hb + sc/basswood. the strat is sc/alder. how do i not have almost every sound? yes i pick hard. i just dont get the right tone. it sounds like shiat.

^haha. yeah right. check right under the name.
Quote by noahray
tone comes from the player as well, but getting a heavy sound from single coil pups is hard

my strat is for classic rock, my AXS is for metal.
um, toy with your settings?

if you really have the right gear, then you just need to find the right setting, if you cant find a setting you like, then you probably have the wrong gear
gear:
fender mim telecaster w/ some extra stuff
Vox Ad50vt
Vox V847 Wah
Boss OS-2
Keeley Boss DS-1 Ultra
Electro-Harmonix Big Muff Pi USA
MXR Phase 90
Boss CH-1
Quote by tbsff_7
um, toy with your settings?

if you really have the right gear, then you just need to find the right setting, if you cant find a setting you like, then you probably have the wrong gear

i dont see what could be wrong though. tube amp. metal distortion. overdrive. humbuckers. sc's. i got everything i need! i just dont get it...
@ all of these comments. .

I would agree, humbuckers would help a ton.
Co-Founder of the Orange Revolution Club

-Esp/Ltd Ec-1000 w/ BKP Mules
-2-channel Titan
-Oversized Bogner 2x12 Cabinet
-Fulltone OCD
-RMC Picture Wah
-T.C. Electronic Nova Delay
-Larrivee D-03R
^+1

However, BETTER humbuckers might be a good idea imo
|~| Iron Maiden addiction |~|
\m/ \m/

gear in profile
I HAVE HUMBUCKERS! people! realize what guitars i have before you jump to conclusions! the Squier has one HB, the Ibanez has HBs
Better humbuckers FTW!

I don't know dude, I just feel your amp isn't suited for those bands.

-2-channel Titan
-Fulltone OCD
-RMC Picture Wah
-Larrivee D-03R
Well you might get the right sound if u stopped posting threads on this forum every 2 minutes and actually practiced guitar ... and your amp isnt really suited to the heavier bands u've listed sorry to say and no distortion pedals dont beat amp distortion.
Also i think ill reveal to the forums that mr "anti-gibson" is actually a member of the everythingsg forums!
Tunes, gear and other random stuff can be found in my "UG" profile if you click my name
Last edited by ScottishAngus at Feb 13, 2007,
if you want heavier sound put your treble at 7. middle at 3 and bass at 6, it works for me, and I got a stock HSS strat
MY GEARS:
Ibanez S520EX
Fender American Stratocaster
Epiphone Les Paul w/ Killswitch
Fender 12-string Acoustic
Fender Champion300 (to be changed soon to a Tube Amp)
Ibanez TS-9 Overdrive pedal
Boss PW-10 pedal
Quote by ScottishAngus
Well you might get the right sound if u stopped posting threads on this forum every 2 minutes and actually practiced guitar ... and your amp isnt really suited to the heavier bands u've listed sorry to say and no distortion pedals dont beat amp distortion.
Also i think ill reveal to the forums that mr "anti-gibson" is actually a member of the everythingsg forums!

the other thread is about bite, that one is older, this one is about tone, and how everything is being really shitty right now. and the blues junior can hande AC/DC. other people have said so.

^well see, i still have two other guitars, that each have a humbucker. even the squier does, and its bright wood. so i have a bright humbucking and a dark humbucking. i just dont know why i cant get the right tone.

and i know the humbuckers arent the greatest, but actually the stock pu's on the squier are pretty good. the thing is, i cant order pickups. the local music shop has outragoues prices for installing. $65 for the first pickups and $15 for the next two.

i just checked, theres a 4 hour difference between each thread :P
Last edited by Arlabester at Feb 14, 2007,
^^

yes the blues jr can do AC/DC but nothing more even if you've boosted it
the only thing you can cling on is Hair Metal at that gain...

I'd say save up for a more suited Amp towards Metal...

just my opinion though...
Quote by Archeo
^^

yes the blues jr can do AC/DC but nothing more even if you've boosted it
the only thing you can cling on is Hair Metal at that gain...

I'd say save up for a more suited Amp towards Metal...

just my opinion though...

even with a metal muff? are you kidding? i think its just the tone of my strat. ill try my squier when i get back from school. but i gotta go now.
Have a look at "The New Ultimate Settings Thread", it's in the Guitar Gear & Accesseries section as a sticky. It's got loads of stuff on there
Gear:
Epiphone SG Standard - Natural Wood Finish + SD Alnico Pro 2 Bridge Pickup
Epiphone Les Paul Standard - Limited Edition Green
Ibanez S470
Blackstar HT-100 Head
Harley Benton 2x12 Vintage 30's
Vox AC4TV
Vox VT15
Quote by Arlabester
even with a metal muff? are you kidding? i think its just the tone of my strat. ill try my squier when i get back from school. but i gotta go now.

yes...

and no I'm not kidding...

because it's built in mind that it is intended to be
used more on blues or other more classic rock tones that's why even your persuation
of the blues jr. with the Metal Muff doesn't work...

still no offenses man...

just trying to help...

ok heres what ive been thinking. for my b-day i guess ill try to get a amp more suited towards metal. heres my specs.

Solid-State (weird i know)
Good Bitey Distortion
I dont give a s%#@! about cleans, im using it for distortion.
Distortion=Up to pantera.
It needs to be able to hook up to a cab.
i want to say around $350
NO SPIDER!!!
if you can, no modeling, but modeling would be accepted.

thanks! im going to get a A/B/Y box i guess...
Cube 60.

-2-channel Titan
-Fulltone OCD
-RMC Picture Wah
-Larrivee D-03R
Indeed, the Blues Jr isn't really a metal amp, it can get there gain-wise, but won't sound that great as it's not made for it.

But better humbuckers maybe? Or another OD or a booster.
"Breathe, breathe in the air
Don't be afraid to care"

Fender Strat/Tokai LS80>few pedals>Orange Rocker 30
^^

yes can be humbuckers...

for the amp I would suggest a Randall G3...
but still the Roland Cubes are awesome...

just try them out loads to be sure...
Quote by Arlabester
ok heres what ive been thinking. for my b-day i guess ill try to get a amp more suited towards metal. heres my specs.

Solid-State (weird i know)
Good Bitey Distortion
I dont give a s%#@! about cleans, im using it for distortion.
Distortion=Up to pantera.
It needs to be able to hook up to a cab.
i want to say around $350
NO SPIDER!!!
if you can, no modeling, but modeling would be accepted.

thanks! im going to get a A/B/Y box i guess...

Randall. That is all.
Tunes, gear and other random stuff can be found in my "UG" profile if you click my name