Anyways, I made this thread for us metalheads to be ready for when the time comes (practically everyday) to defend our music and for those new to metal who are being bombarded by parents and friends to find advice and confide in.

Basically if you sat down to be interviewed by a parent who considers the likes of Zeppelin as "Devil's Worship," what would you say and what would you bring up, etc. Please don't just say '**** You!' or 'PMRC sucks balls!' because that just makes more and more metalheads stereotyped as un articulate losers, which I and many others are not. Share stories of unrelenting relatives, give your theories on why kids are drawn to metal and why they sever their ties with parents even more, or give a long arguement, whatever.

\m/ \m/

Sorry if I'm repeating or violating something, just don't rape me... I hate KoRn too!
There are tons of these threads every week.

"lol...I is a rebel...angst...angst...."
Last.fm

WE ARE THE MUSIC MAKERS
AND WE ARE THE DREAMERS OF THE DREAMS
Umm, this sounds like it will turn into a whiny bitch thread. People need to suck it up, grow some balls, and realize people are idiots.
FAN OF EMPEROR ?

Quote by Magero
Theres more of us it wont be long before we you over the world and you can burn all the churchs you want

I'm MAD about Black Metal. Ask me about Church Burnings.
Theres always going to be stupid ass people in the world who will stereotype things. You cant fight it, you just have to deal with it.
I actually embrace the stereotype. It's a lot easier then defending it.

*Kills newborn child and drinks the virgin blood of jesus*
Most of the important things

in the world have been accomplished

by people who have kept on

trying when there seemed to be no hope at all
Umm, this sounds like it will turn into a whiny bitch thread. People need to suck it up, grow some balls, and realize people are idiots.

very true.
Quote by Nelsean

*rises out of a meadow in a grim fashion*
You gonna finish that?
LTD SC-608 Baritone
Schecter 007-Elite
Epi. Les Paul Standard
Jasmine SC312
Boss NS-2
Boss TU-3
Peavey 6505+

www.behaviourmusic.com
my mother walked in on me raping the dog, and i shot her in the face with my father's shotgun. he happens to be a pedophile that took my viriginity at the tender age of 7 months.

afterwards, the neighbors came by and said "slipknot suxorz...LAWL!!OMG" and i said "nu uhhhhhh"
This just rocks. Finally someone who listens to real metal. \m/ Rock on brother \m/
P.S. Black Sabbath was made in the 70s. If you actually listen to their music, you'd find it's nowhere near devil music.

Quote by emad
jthm_guitarist
Warned for trolling!

Quote by metal4eva_22
Didn't you say that you had a stuffed fox that you would occasionally fuck?

Quote by Axelfox
It's not a fox,it's a wolf.
One time, this stupid indie kid said metal was made people angry and violent, so I grabbed my KxK Warrior V and impaled him. He had it coming.
Quote by jthm_guitarist
This just rocks. Finally someone who listens to real metal. \m/ Rock on brother \m/
P.S. Black Sabbath was made in the 70s. If you actually listen to their music, you'd find it's nowhere near devil music.

I know, their closest song that has anything to do with the devil is Black Sabbath or NIB, any there is no "worship" going on.
Last edited by Zepplinne at Feb 13, 2007,
Quote by Mr. President
One time, this stupid indie kid said metal was made people angry and violent, so I grabbed my KxK Warrior V and impaled him. He had it coming.

nice edit.
Quote by SGRocker0791

No dude, sabbath was 1969. At least thats when they changed their name to black sabbath.
Quote by Zepplinne
No dude, sabbath was 1969.

Technically, but they were a band under a different name for a few years. So, either way. *shrugs*
Quote by SGRocker0791
Technically, but they were a band under a different name for a few years. So, either way. *shrugs*

Polka Tulk I think.
But Zeppelin are the voice of Satan! If you listen to stairway backwards you can hear them worshipping him!

Ok no. If the music of the devil was Zeppelin I´d abandon all my anti-Christian beliefs.
I like the fact that people consider some metal bands ´Satanic´ though. That way people just leave me and my music alone because they think I´m weird/creepy.
Quote by Nelsean

Exactly. Sometimes it makes it easier to go against someone, because people will usually lump you in with the drunken, leather-bearing moron, and you, being the intelligent individual that you are would easily snap back at them at any time if you wished. Embracing the stereotype will bring the ignorance out of people more often, so you tend to see people who you don't want to be friends with quicker than if you didn't follow the stereotype. At least the way I see it.
I've found Jesus
Last edited by Contraband at Feb 13, 2007,
Quote by Contraband
Exactly. Sometimes it makes it easier to go against someone, because people will usually lump you in with the drunken, leather-bearing moron, and you, being the intelligent individual that you are would easily snap back at them at any time if you wished. Embracing the stereotype will bring the ignorance out of people more often, so you tend to see people who you don't want to be friends quicker than if you didn't follow the stereotype. At least the way I see it.

very good point, in my music appreciation class, we had to bring in examples of one of our favorite artists, the only thing i had on me was a cannibal corpse cd, i pop it in the teachers cd player, and automatically i see peoples face get bigger, like WHAT THE **** THIS DUDE IS A SATANIST..... i just sit back and laugh under my breath, idiots..
Same.

Other day I wore a Deicide shirt to school, some dude told me to go sacrifice a sheep.

It happens with everything though. Nu-metal fans are stereotyped, as are metalcore fans, by the elitists on these forums. Best way to go about is ignore it if it doesn't affect you, and tell him to fuck off if it does.
Quote by Twist of fate
Aliens can invade us. Apparently you've never heard of pearl harbor

Quote by Dr Grinwraith
i would just say this "more people have died in the name of god than satan"

Very, very true.
RIP RICHARD DUNN
Well, if they asked, I'd kill them too.
Youtube covers

[url="http://www.youtube.com/user/MrJumboHumbo[/URL"]
I'm not even gonna start
Quote by Nelsean

...nice Nelsean =P
Quote by Cobain_is_king

Seth: 1
A7X: 0