thinking about getting a harmonica to learn some stuff from neil young and tom petty and stuff like that. i'm just gonna get a cheap one . is it hard to learn? guitar has tabs, and notes, so does harmonica have another form of reading besides notes?
~gtrfrk

founder of the dunlop pick fan club

RIP Roger "Syd" Barrett

"Let the good times roll"
i got a harmonica for christmas and i have not idea what do with it so i just fool around with it
You get harmonica in keys, and yes, you can also buy books for learning how to play harmonica and reading notes etc. Harmonicas come in keys too, so if the songs in C say, and you bought a G harmonica, you might have to do the ol' switcheroo and change keys of the song, or buy another harmonica. Good luck mate It's not hard to learn, but it takes as much hard practise and determination as it would to get good at guitar.
Yep my friend says harmonica can use tabs also but it's nowhere near as well known as guitar obviously. My friend plays his all the time at school, it gets annoying sometimes.
Duke Ellington - If it sounds good, it is good.
I'm trying to get into it aswell, listen to some Bob Dylan also, he uses it a lot and its great.
Fender American Deluxe V-Neck Strat
Laguna LG300CE Acoustic Electric
Quote by karateguy29
I'm trying to get into it aswell, listen to some Bob Dylan also, he uses it a lot and its great.

+1

"All Along the Watchtower" FTW.
Quote by SForbz-Rockstar
You're a bald gopher with wings that lives in the countryside, working on a farm.

Quote by Bubban
Having sex in a pool full of jello? How strangely erotic. No, not just any sex, butts-*gets shot*

God bless the underdog and God bless the antihero.
I wish i still had my old harmonica, though it sounded like shit. It'd be cool having some kind of instrument you can carry about on you and play any time...
how much would a half decent harmonica cost?
Quote by karateguy29

yeah, forgot to mention him . anyone hear the live version of knocking on heavens door? the harmonica intro is amazing.
~gtrfrk

founder of the dunlop pick fan club

RIP Roger "Syd" Barrett

"Let the good times roll"
my new drummer can play the harmonica with her pussy
Quote by AzureNight
Don't worry guys, he's just bitter because he has a small dick.

Quote by Alexander_BR
You know that good feeling when you take a crap, gay sex is like that

Proud member of the Cardboard Mafia. Search "free boxes" for info.
Quote by Teh1337Hax0rz
my new drummer can play the harmonica with her pussy

thats weird
Joey! Watch your speed!
The best way to learn Harmonica is to just play by ear. It only has one octave, so it doesn't leave you much room to fiddle with. A harmonica in the key of C is probably what you want to start with.
Quote by RHCP94
It's an option for the "Which one of E Daws parents are uglier?" thread.
dude E daws is right, just get a set of harmonicas in different keys and learn songs in those keys. A good one lo learn by ear is Heart of Gold- neil young.
Quote by asfastasdark
+1. This man knows his ****.

Walker Rose.
There are tabs for harmonica. They're something like this:

2 3 4 5 5 5 4 3 2
i i i o i o i i i

"i" being an inhale and "o" being an exhale.
Kind of nominated for Best Retired User.

Skepto > Oxygen
Just bought one. Key of E. Its a very simple instrument, but fun none the less. Within an hour of purchase I figured out Silent Night. The best part is, you can take it anywear.
SPACE FOR RENT
I might spend 5 bucks someday and buy a cheap one. They seem interesting.