okay i did the search and i couldnt come up with what i was looking for....I play with a esp h1000 guitar and my amp is a randal rh 100, ive been messing around with the EQ settings for a while now and i just cant seem to find the sound im lookind, i want my distortion to be similar to that of underoath's sound. if anyone could hepp that would be awesome ive also been getting alot of feedback, whats up with that?

my eq controls are.... Reverb, Contour, Bass, Mids, Treble, Gain 1, Gain 2
you'd have to get the same amp to get the same tone, and their album tone is going to be different from their live sound, there are a lot of tricks to getting tones on records.

your best bet is to get as close as you can, and not to stress over it, find your own tone. For the feedback, youre going to want to get a noise supressor, or a noise gate of some sort. Look into BOSS pedals, im not a fan of noise gates/supressors, but they do the job.
http://www.theweekendkids.com

Gibson Les Paul Studio w/dirtyfingers pickups
Gibson Joan Jett Melody Maker
VOX ac30 head
Marshall 1960 4x12 cab
Fender Hot Rod Deville
They use Gibson guitars, and one of them uses a Telecaster from time to time. Orange cabs, and Marshall JCM amps. Though, Adam D did some of the latest album and they might have tried out some of his gear on it. Try moving all the tone controls to about 1 o'clock and use a lot of reverb.
Yeah, they used orange amps and marshalls.
Co-Founder of the Orange Revolution Club

-Esp/Ltd Ec-1000 w/ BKP Mules
-2-channel Titan
-Oversized Bogner 2x12 Cabinet
-Fulltone OCD
-RMC Picture Wah
-T.C. Electronic Nova Delay
-Larrivee D-03R
Ive been listening to their stuff a lot lately. Their tone on their latest two records pwn. I watched a little thing of them in the studio. Their album tone comes from a whole bunch of amps. Orange, Marshall, Soldano, Mesa...etc. Their live sound comes from a few different amps. Ive seen em with Orange Rockerverbs with Orange cabs. Ive seen a 5150 with an Orange cab. JCM800. But always with Orange cabs.

Anything that closely resembles the Orange AD/Rockerverb sound will get you close though.
Quote by kurdtkobaign
Ive been listening to their stuff a lot lately. Their tone on their latest two records pwn. I watched a little thing of them in the studio. Their album tone comes from a whole bunch of amps. Orange, Marshall, Soldano, Mesa...etc. Their live sound comes from a few different amps. Ive seen em with Orange Rockerverbs with Orange cabs. Ive seen a 5150 with an Orange cab. JCM800. But always with Orange cabs.

Anything that closely resembles the Orange AD/Rockerverb sound will get you close though.

I've seen them live, Tim was playing through a JCM and James was playing through the Orange. Anything British voiced with a moderate amount of gain will get close. Just remember the reverb, and of course the humbuckers. And I've seen the little studio feature you mentioned from the album DVD, while they did use some of Adam D's stuff, I don't think their tone changed too radically from TOCS. Live, they sound on point with the recordings. Almost as if they didn't do any extensive EQing of the guitar tones in the recording process.
Yeah dude. It surprised me how little gain they use, yet their sound is so huge (think In Regards to Myself).

But yeah, anything with a British voicing and mid-gain will get you there.

And an SG helps.

As would a Tele.
Same. Their drummer is freakin good. And I love his voice too. The screamer could do better live though...
I'm still amazed how the drummer sings for the band. The screamer ain't that bad, I would think the screamer before was better.

-2-channel Titan
-Fulltone OCD
-RMC Picture Wah
-Larrivee D-03R
it must be boring as **** to be the screamer...mainly, when the drummer sings he jsut gets to twiddle his girly emo thumbs
I R tr00 Member of UG's Gain \/\/hores - don't pm gpderek09 to join unless you are truly worthy
www.purevolume.com/mordecaiaus
Quote by xifr
There is the possibility that I may have or may or may not have gone or not gone into the danger zone.

Quote by lespaulmarshall
I love you Joel
I hate their old stuff. lol I really only like Their Only Chasing Safety and Define the Great Line lol.
Define the Great Line FTW.

Boy blushed red FTW.

-2-channel Titan
-Fulltone OCD
-RMC Picture Wah
-Larrivee D-03R
there old stuff was out of control i.e. Act of Depression Cries of the past
but there only chasing safety was by far their definitive album and it kicks ass any ways
i was playing with a sweep i think thats what its called... where treble and bass are at 10 and mids are at 0...whats throwing me off is this damn contour thing......ive been using

Master- 10
Level- 5
Reverb- 3
Contour- 3
Bass- 10
Mid- 0
Treble- 10
Gain- 7

the sound from that is very bassey with alot of feedback....any idea where i can go from there off of those settings?
You need the mids. Seeing as Marshalls and Orange's(Heh) are middy amps to begin with.
should i keep the same eq settings for everything else then just boost the mids till i like the sound?