Ok so i am getting a new guitar with a price cap of say 700 maybe slightly more but not much.
I am open to used guitars and will tell you guys if i see an interesting deal.

Musical Type: Rock, Classic Rock, Blues, Shred
Favorite guitarists: Jimi Hendrix, clapton, EVH, stevie(RIP)
I play through Carvin Bel Air 212 all tube amp with a few pedals.

I have been looking at
Fender:
Deluxe Players Strat
Standard Strat
Highway one strat
Powerhouse strat

Gibson: faded sg,
NOT les paul
Epi explorer

Maybe a PRS guitar but i know little about them.

Note: please do not say "go and play them." I know i should try before i buy. i want suggestions and info, pros/cons etc.
Thanks in advance
Quote by beeboshain
marshall mg100dfx some people slay but i love it, think its a good amp for the money and you cant go wrong with marshall...its english!
I think the best fit for you would either be the standard strat... its a good quality guitar for what you play and its extremely versatile with the right amp / pedals....... the other choice i would say is the faded SG... the only problem with that guitar seems to be gibson's quality control... you almost have to play that one b/c the lower ends seem to be hit or miss.... from what i've heard, its very versatile and i'm thinking of getting one myself....
ive never played one, but i really think the PRS's are incredible looking, and Ive herd they are smooth playing. ive picked one up in a shop and the bodies are beautiful and smallish... would be an allround guitar.. id go with one of them or a fender
thanks for the suggestions so far
trying the guitars is not a problem- i have and will many more times before i buy. as i said i just want some input.
thanks
Quote by beeboshain
marshall mg100dfx some people slay but i love it, think its a good amp for the money and you cant go wrong with marshall...its english!
Last edited by libskate44 at Feb 14, 2007,
<<<<<Bump>>>>>>
Quote by beeboshain
bump
Quote by beeboshain
yeah definitely a strat, but who do you play more of?
Gear:
Ibanez RG320QS(For Sale) 275 shipped w/HSC!
My EVH Strat(for sale or trade) 195 shipped!
Meanstreet EVH guitar
Marshall MG15CDR Prac. Amp(for sale or trade)65 shipped!
Boss MT-2 Metal Zone
*Coming* Crate GT1200H/G412SL Half Stack
more jimi than enything else. but i also play a lot of van halen. but more than anything else i play my own stuff.
since it seems like a strat would be the way to go should i go for
american standard?
standard?
deluxe players?
highway one?
Quote by beeboshain
i'd go w/ the highway one the neck is better, for me at least
Gear:
Ibanez RG320QS(For Sale) 275 shipped w/HSC!
My EVH Strat(for sale or trade) 195 shipped!
Meanstreet EVH guitar
Marshall MG15CDR Prac. Amp(for sale or trade)65 shipped!
Boss MT-2 Metal Zone
*Coming* Crate GT1200H/G412SL Half Stack
Don't rule out the Schecter C-1 Classic.
Quote by tronsbasscool
This is my 5th account and I still havn't made any friends

My Rig
ESP Viper 1000
Crate RFX120

<//////>~
Strat all the way.

Or if you wanna dish out more cash, look at Carvin, I hear they're great.
|~| Iron Maiden addiction |~|
\m/ \m/

gear in profile
I think the best guitar for you probably is the Gibson Les Paul even though you don't want one of them, but a good alternative would be a Fat Strat
strat would be best choice...except for shred which you would most likely want to change the pick ups in
Quote by Shea Donoghue

Then, about two minutes later of just plowing, I can feel it coming. She's still moaning and rolling back, and then I pull out. I grab her by her hair, pull her head up, and yell out:
"BOOM, HEADSHOT!"
i like the looks of that schecter c1 classic.
grover tuners
vine of life
seymour duncans
seems great but giving up trem bar would be a small sacrifice
I am going to guitar center today but will not be making a purchase unless sumthing really jumps out at me. i will post my thoughts when i get back
Quote by beeboshain
schecter hellraiser? It's got a floyd rose, mabye you could change the pickups if your looking for more blues stuff but there great guitars (and you could sell the EMG's on ebay im sure).
nooo Floyd Rose
i had one and i do not use trem enough for it to be worth the extra time and money
i dont know if i am ready to give up trem completely
as of now i am leaning more towards highway 1 strat or maybe a used american strat, if i can find one
Quote by beeboshain
^If your GC has a C-1 Classic, be sure you play one. That guitar is amazing.
Quote by tronsbasscool
This is my 5th account and I still havn't made any friends

My Rig
ESP Viper 1000
Crate RFX120

<//////>~
I second the Standard Strat idea. Throw in a Texas Special in the neck/middle, and something "vintage" in the bridge. That's what I would do. Deluxe players Strats are cool, too.
does anyone think its worth it to pay the extra money and get an american standard?
i am willng to if it will last me for a very long time
what are your thoughts and what are pros and cons of american standard v standard?
Quote by beeboshain
The explorers are really good IMO and would save you a bit too.
Shame the Gibson explorer is out of your price range...
ya
maybe ill get a korina epi explorrer
they seem nice, but then i lose trem which kinda sux
Quote by beeboshain
Try to get a Carvin, they are amazing and tou can get what you want in them.
hoimhi0et0hm03oi
im leaning towards an american standard strat
they go for $950
how much can i get it down to?
$800?
Quote by beeboshain
If you really love Hendrix, don't go for anything with humbuckers. That's the mistake I made. I'm trying to find a way to fix it.

I'd recommend a USA SSS Strat.
The Laney Thread are big and clever. No exceptions.
Quote by wonder725
Hendrix played with humbuckers too.
Does that mean they have the same tone? They sound better distorted, obviously, but I challenge you to get a Little Wing tone with a humbucker equipped guitar.
The Laney Thread are big and clever. No exceptions.
ya
thats what im gonna do
but how much money off will the guys at guitarcenter give me?
Quote by beeboshain
bump
Quote by beeboshain
Actually, try a Schecter Tempest BlackJack. Its almost as heave as a les paul to get a fat warm sound and comes with a seymour duncan 59'/JB, both being coiltapped to get single coil sounds. For only 550$ thats one hell of a deal. Then you can cover all of your tonal bases with that one guitar. Only problem is it has no trem, but is still an awesome guitar
Mesa Lonestar Special
Traynor YCV40WR
Ibanez -Artcore AS103BM
Fender American Deluxe Strat
Analog Man ARDX20 Dual Delay
Red Witch Empress Chorus
Big Muff Pi
Boss BD-2
MXR '76 RI Dynacomp
Fulltone Clyde Deluxe Wah
Jetter Jetdrive
EHX POG
thanks, seems sick but im leaning more towards an american deluxe v neck strat
sure it will take ages to save up for but it will be worth it in the end
right?
Quote by beeboshain
bump
Quote by beeboshain
I always say go used.

Guitars sound better as they age, and you can get a really good deal.
Gibson SG Standard
Fender 52 RI Telecaster
'77 Deluxe Reverb
Sunface w/ SunDial
MXR Carbon Copy
Crybaby

Quote by Sid McCall
Epic win. He speaks the truth, boys and girls.

Founder of the Neutral Milk Hotel club PM to join~