ok for some reason whenever i touch anything metal on my guitar it makes a poping sound like a current is running thought it. if i touch the strings it does it,the tuners, the switch, the trem bar anything and it sucks. Any idea what this is or how to fix it?
Last edited by hendrixrocks4 at Feb 13, 2007,
Quote by hendrixrocks4
? do you mean the amp?? i wouldnt know what to check on the guitar to see if it is grounded well.

what type of guitar?

it should have a wire leading from the bridge to the back of a pot/straight to the jack. That's your ground wire. Doubt it's your amp though
Member of the "Marty Friedman > You" Club. PM apocalypse13 or altronataku to join

Gear:

ESP LTD DV8-R
Squier SG (Specs Unknown)
Kustom KGA-10 Ten watt practice amp
Marshall TSL 602

My JEM Build
i have a schecter strat its from the 80's i think and i got it in a antique shop for a steal and fixed it all up so that could be the problem would i see this wire from just opening the back up?
My friend as the same problem, for him, it was the amp cord. It supposed to have 3 branch (what you plug in the wall), the round one is your groud, if its broken or unplugged, thats the reason you get shocks.

If its not that, then a don't know.. =/
MY GEARS:
Ibanez S520EX
Fender American Stratocaster
Epiphone Les Paul w/ Killswitch
Fender 12-string Acoustic
Fender Champion300 (to be changed soon to a Tube Amp)
Ibanez TS-9 Overdrive pedal
Boss PW-10 pedal
Quote by hendrixrocks4
i have a schecter strat its from the 80's i think and i got it in a antique shop for a steal and fixed it all up so that could be the problem would i see this wire from just opening the back up?

probably, it's generally black, i believe.and it'll be completely unique, the other wires are generally green, white, red or bare.
Member of the "Marty Friedman > You" Club. PM apocalypse13 or altronataku to join

Gear:

ESP LTD DV8-R
Marshall TSL 602

My JEM Build
Quote by alex3996
My friend as the same problem, for him, it was the amp cord. It supposed to have 3 branch (what you plug in the wall), the round one is your groud, if its broken or unplugged, thats the reason you get shocks.

If its not that, then a don't know.. =/

well that would be one reason, but in theory, if the ground current isn't making it from the pot to the actual ground, it'll rebound to the strings and bridge, no matter whether it's the cable, the input/output jacks, or the missing third prong.

EDIT btw lol at your sig

Gear:

ESP LTD DV8-R
Marshall TSL 602

My JEM Build
Last edited by seek_&_destroy at Feb 13, 2007,
I have kinda the same thing. My guitar has a quiet buzz thats seperate from the singlecoils humming. I only hear it when i actually listen for it. It stops when i touch metal on the guitar, even when i touch a screw on the back plate.
"Good and evil lay side by side as electric love penetrates the sky"
I CANT FIND A SCREW DRIVER TO OPEN UP MY GUITAR!!!!! so ill post tomorrow i have school off due to snow