Alright, so right now I have a Peavey Raptor EXP and it's just fine for now, but in the near future I MAY buy a new guitar but I need your opinion. So I will be in a band soon, and unless something changes by this weekend, I will be the singer. Now I want to be able to write some music because I know quite a bit about guitar and stuff, and I find it easier to write lyrics stuff while messing with a guitar.

So either I buy an Acoustic or a new Electric. I'm sort of leaning towards an acoustic, but I want to hear what you people have to say.

Thanks a bunch!

(And I'm very, very sorry if this is the wrong forum, I'm forever posting in the forum...)
get a hollowbody electric. it counts under both categories, so your set no matter what.
Cream Schecter Ultra III
Black Epi Les Paul Studio
Hohner Red SG (yeah weird)
Breedlove Dreadnought acoustic
An old fender (unknown model)
A frankenstein strat (unknown model)
15w Vox Pathfinder
120w Crate Flexwave
idk dude by em both score youre g-parents up or something but if u get a acoustic get a acoustic-electric so u can amp it up.
^ What the ****. Type in full words

It really all depends in what you want to do. If you're leaning towards an acoustic; fine get an acoustic. But if you want to rock out more, then buy an electric. Or get a hollowbody electric. We can't really make your decisions for you . Just give opinions.

If you want mine, I'd get the hollowbody. But that depends on what kind of music you like as well. Hollowbody guitars aren't usually used in heavy metal
ಥ_ಥ
I never thought of an Hollowbody Electric, I'll have to take a look at thoughs again. I just want something that I can play around with at home and stuff, I don't want a super expensive one, but just one that doesn't sound like crap.

I have an Electric I can use to play other stuff.
I was looking at a Ibanez Artcore I think it was AFS75T or something, but how are those, and do they work like a Electirc-Acoustic?
Quote by Maggot66
I was looking at a Ibanez Artcore I think it was AFS75T or something, but how are those, and do they work like a Electirc-Acoustic?

I have that guitar. It's a very good guitar for the money. You can get nice cleans for blues and jazz but it's still got enough omph for rock if you add some overdrive. The only thing I don't like about it is the cutaway isn't big enough so I struggle to reach much further than the 15th fret

Edit: Just thought I'd add that this guitar is only really any good as an electric. It has a thin body which means you don't get a very loud sound when playing unplugged. It also means the tone isn't very good compared to a proper acoustic.
Dave Mustain has wrote some of the most amazing solos...
That he can't actually play!
Last edited by Cecil Gonzales at Feb 15, 2007,
Quote by Cecil Gonzales
I have that guitar. It's a very good guitar for the money. You can get nice cleans for blues and jazz but it's still got enough omph for rock if you add some overdrive. The only thing I don't like about it is the cutaway isn't big enough so I struggle to reach much further than the 15th fret

Edit: Just thought I'd add that this guitar is only really any good as an electric. It has a thin body which means you don't get a very loud sound when playing unplugged. It also means the tone isn't very good compared to a proper acoustic.

Alright, thanks