I was just wondering where a good plCE TO CHECK WATER LEVels and the weather for certain areas i intend to look into for a canoe trip. The first place that pops in mind is The Sipsey River in alabama... dont really have enough money for an out of state trip... keepin it simple. pretty much takin beer and food for 2 days 1 night or maybe 3 days 2 nights havent decided. ummm if you suggest google or wikipedia then youve jsut wsted your time cause i dint get anyhitng i was looking for when i searched both... soo keep those comeents to yourself...
LAISSEZ LES BON TEMPS ROULER
For some reason, I read the title as "camel toe."
For these things give thanks at nightfall:The day gone, a guttered torch,A sword tested, the troth of a maid,Ice crossed, ale drunk.-The Hávamál
If it weren't winter I'd suggest bring some rods and reels. I may be the most serious canoer on here it's good to meet a fellow like you lol
Anyways, I usualy like to take a drive down the river/body of water a day or so before the trip if possible. If it's too far for that, I usualy just wing it lol. Another option is to hang around some paddling shops and listen to peoples chit chat
Good Luck
Included picture to get you in the mood
Attachments:
S8000236b.jpg
"This is The End, beautiful friend, The End"
Last edited by i(ncubus)play at Feb 13, 2007,
cool... didnt think the local weather would give me the water levels... thanks.

as far as wingin it or driven down the river... driven down wouldnt be possible... im goin deep in the middle of BUM **** NO WHERE and ive canoed this river a few times before and it was about this time of year. Deffinetly too cold for for a rod and reel. ummmmm cool thanks...

EDIT: heres me and a buddy of mine on the last canoe trip.... thats me rockin the shades...

LAISSEZ LES BON TEMPS ROULER
Last edited by NotOneWithNames at Feb 13, 2007,
Quote by NotOneWithNames
cool... didnt think the local weather would give me the water levels... thanks.

as far as wingin it or driven down the river... driven down wouldnt be possible... im goin deep in the middle of BUM **** NO WHERE and ive canoed this river a few times before and it was about this time of year. Deffinetly too cold for for a rod and reel. ummmmm cool thanks...

Just looked for an extremely detailed one example: http://waterdata.usgs.gov/nwis/rt