Page 1 of 2
Today at school in my music appreciation class, I was talking to my friends who also play instruments and we were talking about who are the best people are at their instrument. So we think of several guitarist, then vocals, then this prep who plays drums came and said the dude from "Fall Out Boy", so we poked him for awhile. So then I asked them who are your favorite bass players and none of them knew ANY. ...

My first thoughts were how do you not know any? I then say a big list of bassist I look up to like Cliff Burton, Ryan Martinie, Victor Wooten, Les Claypool, Flea, Steve Harris, Brian Marshall, Geddy Lee, Mic Todd, John Myung, and Billy Sheehan. They have no clue who even Cliff Burton or Flea are. I now that people don't think of bass as much a guitar but thats usually only people who, "I like dah guitar cuz it makes the wahhh shound" and those people usually don't even know whats in a band. I play bass and guitar, but my favorite is bass for several reasons. People are usually surprised when I say this but a lot of people don't play it so maybe thats why.

Anyway, has something like this happened to you? It doesn't have to be just like this but anything similar happen?
Rhythm Harmony Melody
Last edited by SOCOOLITHURTS at Feb 13, 2007,
ehh. noob the other white meat. Just kidding but it seems like we get 15 of these don't you hate it when threads every day! But yes i do hate that
Quote by Laces Out Danny
wtfs a hickey?!
lol. wtf is music appreciation class????? do u guys jus sit around bowing down to the treble cleff or something?? lol.
Zuka Is officially my hero. because she's cool
Member of the Neutral Milk Hotel club PM Hamish5178 to join~
The Special Ed kid of the bass militia. PM DinkyDaisy to join

Quote by fourstringpunk
She looks like an STD vending machine.
Quote by SOCOOLITHURTS
My first thoughts were how do you not know any? I then say a big list of bassist I look up to like Cliff Burton, Ryan Martinie, Victor Wooten, Les Claypool, Flea, Steve Harris, Brian Marshall, Geddy Lee, Mic Todd, John Myung, and Billy Sheehan.

Are you a Jew? And I don't mean that in terms of any of the various styles of anti-Semitic BS, I mean the whole not-naming-God thing. Think about that for a second.
Quote by Meths
Really, it's quite gutting that we'll all be dead by the time the earth is entirely underwater because I really want to stick your head underwater while standing on Everest and say "if sea levels aren't rising, HOW COME YOU'RE DYING?!"
Quote by SOCOOLITHURTS
Cliff Burton, Ryan Martinie, Victor Wooten, Les Claypool, Flea, Steve Harris, Brian Marshall, Geddy Lee, Mic Todd, John Myung, and Billy Sheehan.

That's the greatest list of good bassists I've ever heard. You included everyone. Mad props to you, man.
E-married to ilikepirates

Quote by bloodtrocuted93

How are you so fucking awesome at music?

>¦<
¦
Quote by jammoe
Are you a Jew? And I don't mean that in terms of any of the various styles of anti-Semitic BS, I mean the whole not-naming-God thing. Think about that for a second.

WTF? are you an idiot? like the ones he's talking about in this thread?
Member of the Neutral Milk Hotel club PM Hamish5178 to join~
The Special Ed kid of the bass militia. PM DinkyDaisy to join

Quote by fourstringpunk
She looks like an STD vending machine.
Quote by Bass Cat
Zuka Is officially my hero. because she's cool

Spruce Grove, eh? I've got cousins there.
Quote by SOCOOLITHURTS
I felt extemely smart and felt sad at the same time.

those eleven words make you the most disgusting person in this planet

believe you're and idiot too
Quote by Zuka

Spruce Grove, eh? I've got cousins there.

Me too... maybe WE'RE cousins Actually I have family all over Alberta.
For a wounded man shall say to his assailant, "if I live I will kill you."
"If I die, you are forgiven."
Such is the rule of honour.
i didn't know who those people were before i started playing bass

get over it
"There are millions of people in the world, and none of those people are an extra. They're all leads in their own stories."
<//////>~
Quote by Spoony_Bard
That's the greatest list of good bassists I've ever heard. You included everyone. Mad props to you, man.

Bootsy? No love for Bootsy?
For these things give thanks at nightfall:The day gone, a guttered torch,A sword tested, the troth of a maid,Ice crossed, ale drunk.-The Hávamál
Quote by ManWithoutAHat
Me too... maybe WE'RE cousins Actually I have family all over Alberta.

Hehe, Karie? Sarah? That you?
Quote by thesublime
I'm tired of threads about ignorant people.

Indeed. Let's leave this planet and start anew.
#21 OF THE NON-CONFORMIST CLUB
Quote by deluxity
those eleven words make you the most disgusting person in this planet

believe you're and idiot too

WTF?
Rhythm Harmony Melody
There was one not on the list but I forgot his name...old school jazz bassist.

Quote by bloodtrocuted93

>¦<
¦
Pffft. You think thats bad?

Try talking to anybody about your favorite Accordion players!

People can't name one!!

It totally sucks...
Quote by Iluvpowerchords
Pffft. You think thats bad?

Try talking to anybody about your favorite Accordion players!

People can't name one!!

It totally sucks...

Wierd Al!

Quote by bloodtrocuted93

>¦<
¦
Thats pretty weird, people should at least know Flea, and, well, until i started playing bass i didnt know most of that list you wrote, but they should be able to name Mike Dirnt or someome like that. Not knowung any bass players is just wierd.
Hello
today some girl tried to convince me that Bob Dylan was in the beatles... as soon as i got her to believe he was not, another girl chimed in and said he was a pretty new country singer... whats wrong with these people??
Quote by sk8byf8bob
today some girl tried to convince me that Bob Dylan was in the beatles... as soon as i got her to believe he was not, another girl chimed in and said he was a pretty new country singer... whats wrong with these people??

lol
Quote by apbumsta
lol. wtf is music appreciation class????? do u guys jus sit around bowing down to the treble cleff or something?? lol.

man thats good stuff
Not everyone knows every artist on the planet. You'd be surprised how many non-musicians don't know other famous musicians. Hell, you'd be surprised how many musicians don't know a lot of famous artists out there.

Get over it, you stuck-up little prick.
I didn't have a signature until now.
Quote by Zuka
Hehe, Karie? Sarah? That you?

YES!!

Not really though That would be pretty crazy, my family is more stony plain/wabamun area. and down in calgary.
For a wounded man shall say to his assailant, "if I live I will kill you."
"If I die, you are forgiven."
Such is the rule of honour.
Quote by Scourge
Not everyone knows every artist on the planet. You'd be surprised how many non-musicians don't know other famous musicians. Hell, you'd be surprised how many musicians don't know a lot of famous artists out there.

Scourge, that's so mean.
Quote by Zuka
Scourge, that's so mean.
Yeah I guess...

I'm just really sick of people like this, i.e. "OMG you people are so stupid, you don't know [insert long list of artists almost only dedicated fans and musicians of that genre will know]!! Man people are such idiots!!"

You see too many of them.

Plus I'm starving, hot and tired. And bored. So I'm in a bad mood
Quote by Scourge

Dude, WTF? How am I a prick because I know some good bassists? Chill out.
Rhythm Harmony Melody
Quote by SOCOOLITHURTS

no because your like "z0mgz0r!!!!!!!!!! you dont know cliff burton?!?!?!? flea?!?!?!?!?!......you're an idiot!"
"There are millions of people in the world, and none of those people are an extra. They're all leads in their own stories."
<//////>~
Quote by SOCOOLITHURTS
those people usually don't even know whats in a band.

I assure you it's more than bass, drums, and guitars. I assume you weren't talking about your favorite bass clarinet players, were you?
Quote by Godzilla1969
I love you, Muphin. You have great taste in music.

Quote by Pacifica112J
Muphin > You

The Cooperation
Quote by Scourge
Yeah I guess...

I'm just really sick of people like this, i.e. "OMG you people are so stupid, you don't know [insert long list of artists almost only dedicated fans and musicians of that genre will know]!! Man people are such idiots!!"

You see too many of them.

Plus I'm starving, hot and tired. And bored. So I'm in a bad mood

Poor Scourge...
Quote by SOCOOLITHURTS
I was thinking more along the lines of you think people who don't know good bassists are idiots, so much to a point where you need to make a thread whinging about how much you hate them.
i asked around at my school if anyone plays bass, i swear i must have asked like 50 people, only like 8 of them knew what a bass was
Yea I guess I see what your saying but thats not what I was trying to say. I was more saying that I hate it when people who seem to know so much about music but then knows no bassists.

Oh, and to to the credit, they almost got the name of the bass player in As I Lay Dying right. They said Chuck Norris lol
Rhythm Harmony Melody
Quote by SOCOOLITHURTS
Yea I guess I see what your saying but thats not what I was trying to say. I was more saying that I hate it when people who seem to know so much about music but then knows no bassists.
A symphony/orchestra buff might think you're an idiot because you seem to know so much about music but then knows no violists, for example.
NO ONE HAS MENTIONED JOHN PAUL JONES IN ANYONES LIST!!!!!
WTF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
LISTEN TO SOME REAL MUSIC AND YOU SHALL SEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
JOHN PAUL IS BETTER THAN EVERYONE PRE MENTIONED
idiots
Page 1 of 2