yeah i asked teh same thing in riffs and recordings, if its in guitar pro you could export it as .wav and put it into Audacity and then export as mp3, or you could export from GP as midi then import that into cubase and export as mp3.

Audacity and Cubase are free recording programs by the way.
just because you can download a copy of cubase on internet doesn't really mean it's free
that's like saying dvd's are free
thanks but when i use guitarpro to export it to .WAV, it ends up with no sound. what do i do?
I've been wondering about the same thing, actually

EDIT:
Quote by pnoy_sk8er21
thanks but when i use guitarpro to export it to .WAV, it ends up with no sound. what do i do?

When i did that, i think it might have recorded from the mic built into my laptop, because I could hear the mouse click when i pressed stop. In fact that was nearly the only thing i heard, the song was nearly inaudible except for a few notes. Im probably wrong though
time machine. Inadvertently, I had created a
Last edited by iceman_8319 at Apr 10, 2007,
Well you can't exactly convert it. It's like trying to put sheet music into an audible form.

If this Cubase does what Guitar Pro can (I believe) do, give it a try and export it as a WAV.

If all else fails, do what I did a long time ago; get your microphone, get a recording program, play the MIDI and record it.
use creative- media source, they have a converter and a recorder, so you can either convert straight to mp3, or if that doesn't work then just record