im curious for those who listen to hardcore why they like it? it seems there just talentless with nothing to say so the just scream, and never learned to play so they dont bother and just make noises, and why are they called shows and not concerts? is it cause theres no musical talent for it to be called a concert?
dear god, someone finally asked.....truthfully, only some hardcore bands are good to me. im going to wait around this post.
eh ill give you that the people in hardcore bands arent amazing(except the drummers usually), but the music usually sounds good, but you cant really call a certain band "good" because everyone has different tastes...i personally enjoy hardcore music
Quote by Brandon860
hey man, any person with a Wayne's World avatar I have all the faith in the world in

Founder of the "Taco Bell > You" PM me to join.
your right most hardcore is beat as fast as u can and play the lowest chord on the lowest tuning as fast as u can, and just scream. but a few bands who do it right can really make some interesting stuff
Gear:
Epiphone Les Paul St.
Peavy Classic VTX 200w
dunlop crybaby wah
boss metal zone distortion
i was just curious for people that make ****ing retarded post, why do you do it? its just a bunch of useless ranting that makes you look like a jackass, and why do they call it spam and not a helpfull post, maybe cause no one wants yo hear your shit?!
Quote by pudge777
im curious for those who listen to hardcore why they like it? it seems there just talentless with nothing to say so the just scream, and never learned to play so they dont bother and just make noises, and why are they called shows and not concerts? is it cause theres no musical talent for it to be called a concert?

i mainly agree with you that lots of hardcore bands lack in talent but screaming isnt always a bad thing..
they don't just scream they r actually saying words just different from the rest. is that y u hate because they r different? and it does take talent to scream they go through the same worm-ups as any other singer so **** off
I hate it when people say hardcore but they're referring to metalcore. The two don't sound alike, one is punk and the other is metallic
^ lets take it as a bit of a broad reference, as the thread starter clearly doesnt know what he's talking about
Quote by pudge777
i hate hardcore.

i also hate close mindedness. just because you dont get it, doesnt mean they're talentless. if you've ever listened to bands like As Blood Runs Black, you'd hear that there are hardcore bands with plenty of talent, even if you dont like the music, which as i pointed out, i dont.

wanna tell us who you listen to? i'm sure i could concoct a bullshit close-minded view on that that would do you proud!
Last edited by Alucard II at Feb 13, 2007,
some music isnt about talent necessarily, its about how it makes you feel and id doubt you're referring to hardcore in its purest sense, because saying punk bands don't have anything to say is pretty ridiculous.

open your mind. there may not be as much talent in 'hardcore' bands than in others, but there are plenty of talented metalcore musicians, and post-hardcore too, if skill is what does it for you. music is more than technicality.