So lately i have been looking into buying the EVJ head. Seems like a very good head. The only thing that concers me is the wattage. If i buy this chances are i will run it through a behringer cab which generally have a 200W capacity. My question is, is there any way i can raise the volume level (wattage). Would a micro amp pedal work? Will my distortion pedal bring me up past 5W when it is cranked?

THANKS IN ADVANCE
no- it will have the same amount of output electronically
Quote by Pookie6
Yngwi3, You win this whole monstrosity of a thread.

Quote by uk.mace
For the best tingle, use Original Source mint. That shit feels amazing on your balls.

Godfather of The Diezel Mafia
You can push the tubes harder to make it sound louder. I think I have heard of people doing that.

But there are tons of threads about the VJ head. Try the search button and see if any of the other threads mention that. It will save you some flammage later on.
related because i didnt feel like starting a new thread, how loud does this amp go?
i mean could i use it at a band practice through like a 212 avatar cab?
Guitar
Ernie Ball Music Man Silhouette Special
Washburn WI64
Martin D-15
Amps
1960s Harmony
Rocktron/Egnater TOL 50 2x12
Rivera Chubster 55
FX
Fulltone OCD v.1
Keeley TS808
Voodoo Labs Superfuzz
Wilson WH10
Boss DD-20
it will be as loud as a 5watt tube amp- or 15 watt solid state- i think you can push them harder with a overdrive pedal, but i dont know if this makes it louder or just gets more natural gain out of them
Quote by Pookie6
Yngwi3, You win this whole monstrosity of a thread.

Quote by uk.mace
For the best tingle, use Original Source mint. That shit feels amazing on your balls.

Godfather of The Diezel Mafia
5 tube class A watts should be enough to play with an unmiced drummer, provided he isn't a very hard hitter. A bigger cab may or may not make any noticeable difference in perceived volume level, but those things are so cheap, buy two and run them in stereo and you should be good to go.
Last edited by TehJermie at Feb 13, 2007,
Run it through the PA.
PRS Custom 22
Epiphone LP Custom
Ibanez Artcore AFS75T

Fender PT-100 Tuner
Ibanez WD-7 Weeping Demon
Digitech Tone Driver
MXR Phase 100
Ernie Ball VP Jr Volume Pedal

Mesa/Boogie Dual Rectifier Road King
'69 Fender Super Bassman
a VJ can possibly compete with a drummer that is good enough to understand dynamics, but throw in bass, vocals, and the inevitable 'turn everything to 10' thing will mean you will have to try Very hard to not get drowned out, which is just about impossible for sake of argument. it just simply cant compete with that, and it isnt the kind of amp you should try to compete with anyhow.

its for having sex in your room when the parents are gone but the neighbors arent.
'87 Fender Strat
Oscar Schmidt Archtop
Laney LC15R
^ Eh, it will do fine in a classic rock, blues, or jazz setting full band. Even hard rock. But if you're playing chugga chugga, everything up to 11 death metal, then you're assed out. But it isn't about that anyhow.
OK, since i dont wanna make a new thread either i was wondering about the volume knob. Does it get distorted at all??? Because i dont want it to. If i could crank it and get a clean sound that would be perfect because then i can run my pedal board through it to shape my tone. I play a lot of RHCP type stuff and blues and i j/ wanna start getting into tube amps w/ hopes of getting a rocktron or vox head this summer. This looks like a good place to start. Right now i have a 120 watt BehringerGMX212 which will obviously be louder than this but i wanna expeirement w/ some tube.
Founder of the EHX Users Guild
My Photography

Quote by Kyle-Rehm
Please don't tell me I'm the only one that clicked this thread thinking I would learn how to make my guitar sound like a grizzly bear.
^It will only do clean to about 10 O'clock, you would have to mod it to make it clean all the way up. Low gain tubes, and there are mods that lower the gain as well.
There is an NFB mod that seems pretty simple to do, but it allows you to crank it all the way and keep a clean tone. I just became a sucker for tube overdrive, so I modded mine to get natural overdrive quicker. But it can be done, what your wanting.
Also, if you add a boost in front, even a clean boost, the VJ starts to break up earlier. It's a great little amp, but not really designed for a full on Mach 3 band practice. That said I've used it with a drummer at practice. Once you turn it to around 2:00 or so there's a great classic rock grind.

Another option would be something like the Blues Jr, or adding a speaker out to a Pro Jr. At15w I've been asked to turn down my Pro Jr by soundmen.
It's a fine line between clever and stupid.
This is based on the valve standard i owned for a month. the 5 watts will deff. be loud enough for use in a house. I believe you could do a small gig with if you had it mic'd. The gain stage you will probably have it around 3 o clock to past 3 o clock the sound starts to compress and if it has a eq (which i dont think it does) its not going to be very useful.
Quote by TehJermie
^It will only do clean to about 10 O'clock, you would have to mod it to make it clean all the way up. Low gain tubes, and there are mods that lower the gain as well.

You can turn down your guitar's volume to make it cleaner. Crank it up, turn the guitar down, and there you go.
mm, yeah i just played with mine for the first time with a drummer yesterday. if you're by your amp, you can hear it fine, but from a moderately loud drummer's point of view, can't really hear it, and that's through a 4x12. so, probably gonna need to mic it for gigs.

... unless there's an amazing mod out there to increase the wattage and volume...
Gibson SG Standard + 18volt EMG-81 & 85
Mesa/Boogie Mark IV + Recto 2x12
Keeley Modded BD-2
Vox V847a
Quote by one vision
Bureaucrats gonna crat.

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2008
Last edited by UnsignedRecords at Feb 14, 2007,
Quote by UnsignedRecords
... unless there's an amazing mod out there to increase the wattage and volume...

Not really. I think the best set up is buying two and running one to either side of a 4x12. Voila - tone heaven
"Everybody, one day will die and be forgotten. Act and behave in a way that will make life interesting and fun. Find a passion, form relationships, don't be afraid to get out there and fuck what everyone else thinks."
Quote by the_random_hero
Not really. I think the best set up is buying two and running one to either side of a 4x12. Voila - tone heaven

ah... so confused about that.
two inputs behind the cab = one for each vj to power 2 speakers?
Gibson SG Standard + 18volt EMG-81 & 85
Mesa/Boogie Mark IV + Recto 2x12
Keeley Modded BD-2
Vox V847a
Quote by one vision
Bureaucrats gonna crat.

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2008