Hello,

This is a big ask I know, but is there anyone out there who would draw up a wiring dirgram for me? I'm building my first guitar and have scant knowledge about wiring.

The basics:

i) Neck - Dimarzio HS2, with red, green, white, black and bare wires
ii) Middle - Dimarzio Blue Velvet with black & white wires
iii) Bridge - Dimarzio Fred, with red, green, white, black and bare wires

One volume, one five way switch. I don't want a tone pot or to coil tap.

If there is someone kind enough out there, be warned, there may be some additional questions! I really want to learn about this and need to get a full understanding of what goes where & why. Also have some shielding q's.

Any kind souls can email me at dropdeadfred at gmail dot com

Cheers
Steve
What do you want your five way switch to do? List the positions, and what you want to be on at that position.
MG Free At Last
http://www.seymourduncan.com/support/schematics/color_codes.html Here's a colour code to help you with the diagram.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v205/ata_bbq_lol_omg/guitar%20stuff/HSH.png
The diagram is origionally ment for single sized humbuckers, but you can pretend they're regular sized. Make sure you use the colour code. Also, if you don't want a tone then don't put the lines that I've marked "cut".
Will says:
DON'T FEAR THE REAPER!
- SmarterChild - says:
I don't know if I can help it.

Member #6 of the "I play my guitar as high as Tom Morello does" club
Quote by ljplum12
What do you want your five way switch to do? List the positions, and what you want to be on at that position.

Ideally, positions:
1 = Bridge Humbucker
2 = Single coil of bridge humbucker
3 = middle
4 = single coil of neck humbucker
5 = neck humbucker

I know the diagram the chap below doesn't equate to the above, but I may give that a go. I'm not that bothered - this is my first build and just want to get it up and running. I can always change it later.

If you could help with a diagram for the above, that'd be ace.

Cheers
No problem.
Will says:
DON'T FEAR THE REAPER!
- SmarterChild - says:
I don't know if I can help it.

Member #6 of the "I play my guitar as high as Tom Morello does" club