i need some pointers for using these programs cuz i feel weird listening to what i come up with....does any one know what i mean? They dont sound like real guitars...i mean they do, but not realistic enough. If you do use them, are they really helpful for you?
I use Guitars and Keyboards to create riffs.

Aside from that, GP5.
i use my imagination, theory knowledge, and my ears....tabs are a crutch
i mostly just use my guitar or bass. but sometimes i write it out in GP5.
Dinobot clone of the Predacons Beast Wars Club
PM NightmareXT To Join!

Member #6 of the Geddy Lee fan club - pm RIC4003 to join.
UG spartan number 180
Power tab, but I happen to have paid 80 dollars for the infinitely powerful Django Lute Guitar Tablature system...

w00t

My God, it's full of stars!
Quote by xDie_Romanticx
i need some pointers for using these programs cuz i feel weird listening to what i come up with....does any one know what i mean? They dont sound like real guitars...i mean they do, but not realistic enough. If you do use them, are they really helpful for you?

To create riffs? I play guitar to write riffs and what not.
I use PowerTab to write out the rhythms and let other people crit my riffs/songs. Because I suck at recording, and I have crappy recording gear.
Spiral Out
Since when do you need to make a riff on a program?

I make them by myself with my guitar and keyboard. ALSO I made a riff with a pencil today. I use everything but them stupid programs.
GP makes sending songs and ideas to other band members much easier. And I like it when it comes to writing say, harmonized lead guitar.
I will show you something different from either
Your shadow in the morning striding behind you
Or your shadow at evening rising to meet you
I will show you fear in a handful of dust
I use my guitar to make riffs.
But then when I try to compose it back into GP4 (cant be bothered getting GP5) it never fits in properly with the timing, cos I always seem to have a weird strumming pattern, where parts of it are dotted semi quavers and stuff.

But Guitar Pro I like because of the tab features and its more advanced than Power Tab IMO.
after having the riff i use GP5 for whole songs and Powertab for short riffs, powertabs simpler for that sort of thing i think but for whole songs GP5's sound engine RULES
Need Singing Advice?; Read the first page then ask questions.

Quote by punkman_123
Damn Auals, you're messed up. :P

Quote by ZanasCross
This just reminded me of the time that my brother in law texted his mom on the night after his wedding. All it said was "Consummated."
I use guitar pro to put down my ideas n stuff. It is also good for sending songs uve made to other band members so they can learn their part before rehearsal (sorry for spelling) that way we get to spend more time practising the song than learning it.
I think GP can be good for trying out your ideas or showing band members/people as you can use instruments that you don't know or how say this "killa riffage" you came up with goes with bass, drums, harmonisation and say a string or piano section.

What's funny is an online buddy sent me a GP file about 2 years and a bit ago of a simple acoustic chord progression with a string esemble behind it that sounded great, and I was just messing around and managed to write a great solo over the top of it - which at the time I would have been more restricted with my actual guitar playing abilities. My knowledge of theory was pretty good for the time and GP is good for trial and error i guess.
Quote by invisible_man
GP makes sending songs and ideas to other band members much easier. And I like it when it comes to writing say, harmonized lead guitar.

That is so true. I usually come up with something and then when I work on it in GP it becomes ten times better, because I can add harmony, rhythm behind it, stuff like that. I've also gotten pretty good at the drums, which makes your songs so cool