Well, i was talking to my friend about what im gonna do over summer. Its gonna be busy, going on a mission trip, and going to a music camp for a week, at the same time trying to raise a little money for a new acoustic. Now, this is what he tells me:

HIM: Well, because my father buys everything I need
Him: I wont be working

ME: yeah, you suck.
HIM: I'll be recording, and playing, and jamming
ME: but anyway
HIM: All summer long.
HIM: And becoming the biggest 14-15 year old band in NC.
HIM: For that matter, the biggest high
HIM: highschool band
HIM: Period.

The thing about his father is true. Spending about 2000 bucks on him for christmas. This is the kind of shit that pisses me off, people dont need that much stuff. he plays in freaking coffee houses.

Arrogant, much?

comment, tell me how you would take this if you were me.
O.S.I.

Part of the 7-string Legion

Check out my profile
and my 7-string Ernie Ball MM JP-7 build

Well... I think the fact that he is encumbered with Arrogance, etc. is enough to settle my thoughts.
he is my friend, been so since 4th grade, we usually get along pretty well TOGETHER musically, but when ever he gets talking about his band, he doesnt stop. I'm seriously wondering whats going to happen when he loses connections with his dad, or actually gets a taste of real life, or responsibility. Things are going to be interesting here before highschool ends.

BTW, i dont have a lot of room to talk, because im not in a perfoming band. Im in one, and we get together every saturday (dont have much freetime now) for a couple of hours, work on stuff, and we seem to be able to put stuff together well. But before we have a good set together, im not gonna pretend that we have one.
O.S.I.

Check out my profile

why dont you leech off him?
"There are millions of people in the world, and none of those people are an extra. They're all leads in their own stories."
<//////>~
He'll probably live with his parents until they eventually run out of money and throw him out.
ಥ_ಥ
Quote by myself101
why dont you leech off him?

you mean like use his stuff?

he's a lefty.
He DID tell me that his drummer could help us record stuff for cheap, though. thats a plus. BUT, thats about it. That is, if their band stays together.
O.S.I.

Check out my profile

I'm so glad I didn't get so arrogant after inheriting my uncle's fortune. However I am spending a lot on gear & playing coffee houses. That being said, I've also given my friends' families quite a bit.
I've got a rich dad too. It's pretty fun
"There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. Some kind of high powered mutant never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die."-Duke
...bleh
Quote by guitarguy17
i hate after having anal intercourse with another man they try to cuddle with you, like wtf, are they gay?

Last edited by Paiger at Mar 5, 2007,
Yes. Grant is a complete ass and thinks that because he has expensive things it makes him right about every single thing in music. GRANT IS A ****ING VAGINA!!!
Quote by Arthur Curry
It's just The Man trying to bring down us negroes.

Quote by Yakult
Just go out in a silk dressing gown and ask them if they've ever been penetrated
<3 Michael.
Quote by guitarguy17
i hate after having anal intercourse with another man they try to cuddle with you, like wtf, are they gay?

...am I the only one missing something here?
IN/ RAINBOWS
IN RAIN/BOWS
IN RAINBOW/S
IN RAINBOWS/
IN RAIN_BOWS
RA D IOHEA _D
_RAD IO HEA D
basically the three of us (6DgOfInTb, Paiger, and myself) hate one guy who thinks that he is captian planet, or jesus.

And by the way becoming the biggest 14-15 year old band in a sate known for nothing wouldn't take too long.
Quote by Arthur Curry
It's just The Man trying to bring down us negroes.

Quote by Yakult
Just go out in a silk dressing gown and ask them if they've ever been penetrated
yeah, grant's an ass.

yeah. I don't know what's going on, either. And I'm in NC, ironically enough.
My band, Escher
My progressive rock project, Mosaic

Quote by Lappo
clearly, the goal is to convert every thread into a discussion about BTBAM

BTBAM IS ALWAYS RELEVANT
And by the way becoming the biggest 14-15 year old band in a sate known for nothing wouldn't take too long.

-Actually, NC is known for its tobacco cultivation. Fun fact.

In all seriousness though, your friend is pretty immature; I do have a solution for you though: challenge him to a guitar showdown and put him in his place. Then write a ballad about said showdown. If I could shred, that's what I'd do.
Every time you sit down to "practice" without a metronome, God kills a kitten.
what a faggot.
tell him no guitarist has ever become famous being such a faggot. unless he wants to be the idol of faggots everywhere, then that's just fagggg
Am i allowed to say erection?

p.s. erection, hahahaha.