sorry to make two threads so close after each other and there is a thread on limewire already, but that is about what is limewire..i know what it is but i have a question: does downloading a video pc game get a virus on your computer easily? And that goes with songs and what not or will my virus blocker handle it?
It should delete the virus. But it's pointless searching for anything but songs on Limewire. You almost always get a dud.
I'll tell you what Limewire is - it's spyware. It's harmful to your computer. It wil leave your computer vulnerable to a large stream of viruses, adware and spyware.

Do not use Limewire unless you wish your computer to end up running slower than a lazy amputee who's been dead for 70 years.

Like has been said, download uTorrent.
I didn't have a signature until now.
Quote by Scourge
I'll tell you what Limewire is - it's spyware. It's harmful to your computer. It wil leave your computer vulnerable to a large stream of viruses, adware and spyware.

Do not use Limewire unless you wish your computer to end up running slower than a lazy amputee who's been dead for 70 years.

haha yeah i use limewire to download songs
Sooo... Am I the only one here who actually still buys all my stuff?
Member #1,267,859 of the I'd die for Dethklok club. PM Vigilantius to join.

Infanterist of the First Reich of the Grammar Nazis.

Quote by MusicMan00
I noticed the avatar before I read what you said. Then I read it. Then I laughed.
Quote by headbanger408
Sooo... Am I the only one here who actually still buys all my stuff?
I still buy stuff. I own about 150-175 CDs or such, and I dunno... 20 odd DVDs (we've got plenty more, that's just what I've bought).

I'd buy a lot more but I don't have a job. No job = no money. No money = no buying things.

I used to buy between 1-4 CDs a fortnight, but yeah.
are torrents good for downloading individual songs? Thats essentially what I use Limewire for. I kinda want to get rid of Limewire, but only if I have a good alternative.
Another successful conversion completed
torrents are great but i still use limewire for individual songs if you have peer gaurdian and a good firewall limewire is pretty safe as long as you only DL mp3s.
make Industrial and/or experimental electronic music? Join my group!

Last.fm
Quote by Scourge

no. i have had it for like 2yrs and its safe as, as long as you know what not to download.

download limewire pro off limewire, thats awesome.

you never get viruses off downloading songs anyway.
O! music: Click (Youtube)

^ Click to see an acoustic arrangement of Ke$ha's 'Your Love is my Drug' - everyone's favourite song.
Quote by Kid_Thorazine
torrents are great but i still use limewire for individual songs if you have peer gaurdian and a good firewall limewire is pretty safe as long as you only DL mp3s.

i use torrent for individual songs too, you just have to uncheck what files you don't want. i used limewire for a long time but i was sick of getting weird versions of songs.
Ares is much easier to download single songs and faster than it is on torrent,,,,,and its open source so there isnt any spyware or adware crap going on with the program itself.
Limewire is bad?

I tried using Torrents last night with that bittorrent thing, it said it was going to take over a day to download one album, so I uninstalled it.

In truth, I have no idea how to use torrents.
The will to neither strive nor cry,
The power to feel with others give.
Calm, calm me more; nor let me die
Before I have begun to live.

-Matthew Arnold

Arguments are to be avoided; they are always vulgar and often convincing.
Quote by Snowblind 911

you never get viruses off downloading songs anyway.

Youre joking right. Most .wma BYOB songs from SOAD are key loggers in lime wire. Check it out yourself!
Quote by RHCP94
Green Day should be so proud that there band is better than a bunch of 16 year olds.................medals anyone?

Quote by вяaи∂ иєw
Gotta love ticked off metal heads.

JAMMER-91

Hare Krishna
Can you get songs off torrent site?
Quote by RHCP94
Green Day should be so proud that there band is better than a bunch of 16 year olds.................medals anyone?

Quote by вяaи∂ иєw
Gotta love ticked off metal heads.

JAMMER-91

Hare Krishna
Just wondering, do the files get automatically put into my WMP11 Library, and if not where do I locate them?
i just downloaded utorrent
and its taking 5000 years to download the song
when limewire is like 10 secs
Quote by punk_metal
i just downloaded utorrent
and its taking 5000 years to download the song
when limewire is like 10 secs

its hell good for albums, discographies, and videos though... Whereas on limewire you must click each different song in an album.
Quote by Dinkydaisy
Limewire is bad?

I tried using Torrents last night with that bittorrent thing, it said it was going to take over a day to download one album, so I uninstalled it.

In truth, I have no idea how to use torrents.

you wanna use a great client not just a good one. I use utorrent and alot of people also stand by Azareus. You wanna dl the torrent from a site that is well established. You have a better chance of having multiple seeders(people who upload the files). The more seeders the faster the download. Oink is probably the best in this regard. Getting an invite to there is a bit of a luck. Torrent spy is the best I hear without invites needed. It also helps if you have the port your torrent client uses forwarded. This way you can connect to everyone. If you don't then you can only connect to people who have thier's forwarded. You can't connect to people who also don't have them forwarded.