who here loves muscle cars? talk about your experiences and you favorites. i own a 71 SS Chevelle that i bought last year and restored to its current condition.
Those are sweet. I wish I had my licence and money!
Guitar rig
Schecter C-1 Classic
Boss GT-8
Mesa 50/50 Power Amp

Synth Rig
M-Audio Oxygen 61
Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi Elite Pro
Reason 4.0
FL Studio 8
Quote by Cynoxx
Those are sweet. I wish I had my licence and money!

i wish i had my licence too. i am 15 and saved up all my money from working and worked almost non stop for the past year to pay and rebuild this
i dont have a muscle car but my friend has two mustangs one is a 68' and the other one is somewhere in the 60's but anyway that is a beautiful SS how much did you buy it and how much did you spend on it?
Quote by nincompoop
potcorn56, you are a god.
i have a 75 formula i just got a 455 im gonna drop in it soon...my dad and i are going to pick up a 70 le mans this weekend we just sold a 65 catlina convertible (not a muscle but a classic) we have had so many...we do it for fun though...
paco's pink tacos home of the dirty sanchez
thank you and i bought it for $2000 and put about $5,000 into it along with a year of working on it.
Quote by sk8byf8bob
i wish i had my licence too. i am 15 and saved up all my money from working and worked almost non stop for the past year to pay and rebuild this

The thing is, i'm already 16, i'm just a lazy fatass.
Guitar rig
Schecter C-1 Classic
Boss GT-8
Mesa 50/50 Power Amp

Synth Rig
M-Audio Oxygen 61
Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi Elite Pro
Reason 4.0
FL Studio 8
i have a 83 chev caprice. lol, before you laugh too hard it's pullin 425hp and at least that in torque, quarter in 14.25 on a good day at 5000lbs and still fully street legal, it's a fun ride. and still room for some ladies in the back seat and guitar gear in the trunk.
Quote by Rebel1991
i have a 75 formula i just got a 455 im gonna drop in it soon...my dad and i are going to pick up a 70 le mans this weekend we just sold a 65 catlina convertible (not a muscle but a classic) we have had so many...we do it for fun though...

thats bad ass. my brother just bought a 76 trans am and it has a 400 with some high compression heads. and my brother, my grandpa, my dad and myself have restored 8 cars and it really is a lot of fun.
Quote by hug a llama
what's a muscle car???

Muscle Car- a car with high horsepower usually from the late 60's and 70's. (but maybe you were being sarcastic, i cant tell.)
Quote by hug a llama
what's a muscle car???

The most manly cars you can drive legally.

I got a '91 Camaro RS with a crate 350 in it. Used to be a police state patrol vehicle here. However I'm lookin for an '85-92 formula firebird.

I'm an F-body slut.

However, my dream muscle car would be a blown over Charger or Challenger, or of course, the infamous Hemi Cuda... Mmmmmmm.....
Quote by Hovertruck
You guys are forgetting the most important part of sounding like Alexi.
Yao Yao
Last edited by AngilasGuy at Feb 13, 2007,
makes me wish i had the garage space to get my '70 Duster in and start restoring it. its rough but it will be nice when its done.
Quote by fallenangel20

And thanks MotleyCrueSATD, that was pretty awesome.

Quote by hemi-san
the truth he speaks well, harken unto his word.
Yeah well I got a Honda Accord, bitches.

I used to own an 86 Mustang LX with a supercharged 302 and a Tremec TKO trans. She was a beast, but at 16 its was way too much car for me. 600hp and 10 second 1/4's would have probably gotten me killed so its a good thing I sold it. But I had fun while I had it.
Quote by LuthierofTexas
Yeah well I got a Honda Accord, bitches.

I used to own an 86 Mustang LX with a supercharged 302 and a Tremec TKO trans. She was a beast, but at 16 its was way too much car for me. 600hp and 10 second 1/4's would have probably gotten me killed so its a good thing I sold it. But I had fun while I had it.

nice dude. on this i was going more for restoration and not as much power becasue me and my grandpa are building a 32 ford with a supercharged 454 and some high performance aluminum heads
Damn, you'll have to get some pics of that Ford. Sounds like a sweet car. My uncle has a 43 Ford truck. Its beat to hell but its still one of the most beautiful vehicles I have ever seen.
Where do you find these cars? I think it'd be a pretty awesome thing to do, but I:
1) don't have a car
2) don't have a garage
3) don't have any tools
4) wouldn't know what to do if I had any of the above
5) have no money
When I get my next muscle car, Im hitting junk yards. I can do most of the body and powertrain work, but I will have to get someone to do an interior for me. I think if your wanting to totally do a frame off restoration, junk yards are a good place to start.
Quote by gibsonpenguin
Where do you find these cars? I think it'd be a pretty awesome thing to do, but I:
1) don't have a car
2) don't have a garage
3) don't have any tools
4) wouldn't know what to do if I had any of the above
5) have no money

1) local swap meets or the news paper
2) use a friends??
3) buy lots of tools or make good friends with someone that has some
4) make good friends with someone that does
5) i cut grass and worked in my dads shop and didnt buy anything for myself

EDIT: o yes ^^ deffinatley junk yards.
Last edited by sk8byf8bob at Feb 14, 2007,
wow man thats a nice chevelle, does it go hard? im only 15, but my dad has an aussie muscle car

its a genuine 1974 SLR 5000. nice v8 with shiny chrome rocker covers nd filters, plus the drop tank which u cant really see. getting new wheels, lower suspension for front and a new paint job this year hopefully

muscle cars ftw
We may be divorced..... but we're still cousins

I came 2nd in the January 2007 Punk-0-Matic Tournament
Quote by Rankles
I frequently put capes on all my teeth and they go out fighting crime together.
Quote by sk8byf8bob
1) local swap meets or the news paper
2) use a friends??
3) buy lots of tools or make good friends with someone that has some
4) make good friends with someone that does
5) i cut grass and worked in my dads shop and didnt buy anything for myself

EDIT: o yes ^^ deffinatley junk yards.

Well I'm in college so I don't have any money or free time anyway. Well, I have some money, but definitely not $5,000. Also, I can't have a car on campus because I'm a freshman, and all my friends who live off campus have apartments so they don't have garages. I guess this will be something I have to put off a few years.
hey threadstarter that's a beautiful ride. I'm just wondering about the fuel consumption of it, I mean doesn't it have like 20L/100km?
Quote by toha33
hey threadstarter that's a beautiful ride. I'm just wondering about the fuel consumption of it, I mean doesn't it have like 20L/100km?

i really dont know but i would say 15-20 mpg and idk what it would be in metric and thank you for the compliment
Well outofmyway, I'm not quite there, but not too far off...here's my 69 mustang,