Well, in about a month I'm gonna be playing solo acoustic at a girls 16th birthday party. The I'm probably going to be playing for upwards of 3 hours (eek)

This is my solo debut, and I'm stuck on a good song to get people into it.

I have a large variety of genre's I'm covering. Pretty much anything from Bob Dylan to Led Zeppelin to Dashboard Confessional.

So have a lot of songs, I just can't find one that will be an awesome opener.

Anyone have any ideas?
Just let the good times roll.
well i dunno if its ur style but an acoustic version of headspin might be a good choice because its both slow and soft and heavy wich can get ppl ready for both styles you may play
**** You
Do "The Boy Who Blocked His Own Shot" by Brand New, that should get the crowd going. If not, then "Hands Down" by Dashboard.
past the falls by either dispatch or braddigan...

its how they opened up "the last dispatch" and it was amazing
Matthew Good Band - Apparitions

It's just a sweet acoustic song and chicks dig it I doubt you can really 'get the crowd going' with an acoustic tune.
Quote by Godzilla1969
I love you, Muphin. You have great taste in music.

Quote by Pacifica112J
Muphin > You

The Cooperation
Quote by Xero09
Do "The Boy Who Blocked His Own Shot" by Brand New, that should get the crowd going. If not, then "Hands Down" by Dashboard.

Yeah, I'm already doing Hands Down, as well as a few other DC songs that the girl requested.

And thanks to everyone, I'm listening to all the songs you guys have posted and learning a lot of them.
Just let the good times roll.
Your Body is a Wonderland by John Mayer
Quote by McClean05
Sweep picking if i could actually get faster at it. But overall . . everything. Every technique in guitar playing is worth learning or playing. Nice thread by the way
it's not an acoustic song but play around with it a bit and do "How Deep is Your Love" by the Bee Gee's it's a cool song and when I played it chicks dug it so yead.
www.myspace.com/thestalkingbutlers

Holy Knight of the Crusading Order of the Stratocaster.

Gear:
MIA Fender Stratocaster
MIA Fender Telecaster
MI? Fender TC-90

Fender Hot Rod Deville
Blackstar HT5, HT40

various pedals
Write something. Make it up-beat and with some really simple lyrics so you can get a sing-along going.

Failing that, check out The John Butler Trio - Zebra.
My name is Andy
Quote by MudMartin
Only looking at music as math and theory, is like only looking at the love of your life as flesh and bone.

Swinging to the rhythm of the New World Order,
Counting bodies like sheep to the rhythm of the war drums
Quote by Muphin
Matthew Good Band - Apparitions

It's just a sweet acoustic song and chicks dig it I doubt you can really 'get the crowd going' with an acoustic tune.

i bet you can!
radiantmoon is the toughest person I know. He inflects a sense of impending doom upon any who look upon his stone-chiseled face. The children run out of fear, while the men run for they know that the stories are true.