Hi, i have an ibanez gax70 and run it thru a fender 15b amp i know it sucks, but for some reason, i get really shitty sustain...it will hold for about 15 seconds, then just cut out...i am wondering if it has something to do with the cords, the amp or the guitar itself...at the recording studio i go to, i use a pa system with no problems...idk...any ideas/help?
the amp. Mine does that too...and when I use the same chord and the same guitar on a different amp, it sounds beautiful. I think it has something to do with either the wiring or maybe your speakers starting to blow...idk what it is. But i definatley do kno that its your amp.
Signatures are a waste of space.
Turn up the gain.
Raise the action
Lower the pickups
Umm..turn up the volume
Get Fat Finger
Use neck pickup
Turn up the volume
Get Fernandeds Sustainer
Get a compressor pedal

pretty much it

/thread.
15 Seconds ain't too bad at all really. I've heard alot worse.
Ibanez PGM301
Ibanez GRG170DX
Fender Telecaster MiJ - 1986
Swing T-Through

Ibanez TS9DX
Sovtek Small Stone - c.1985
EHX Big Muff
Kimbara Wah - c.1974
Boss GE-7

Orange Rocker 30 Combo

http://www.myspace.com/paythelay
yeah i would get about that using a strat AND a Big Muff,but then again i dont really need much sustain when i play....
<*ELECTRO*>
XXXXX
XXXXX

It's a crap amp, simple as - it'll have very basic wiring with low quality components so you won't get the best signal quality and strength. Also, physically it's not very big, the speaker's small and poor quality and the enclosure is likewise small. That means you've got pretty much zero cabinet resonance and vibrations will die off pretty quickly. That's also why you can't make a crap amp much better no matter what you put in front of it.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
I don't understand, why aren't you satisfied with 15 seconds?
15 is a hell of a lot of sustain. If you want more though just you some feedback. ive held notes for 5min long using it
CGDAEG
15 seconds is a lot of sustain. Which song are you playing that need a chord to hold for more than 15 seconds?.
Besides being a guitar player, I'm a big fan of the guitar. I love that damn instrument. Steve Vai

Gear:
Kramer Striker FR422SM
Roland Microcube
Digitech Bad Monkey
Dunlop Tortex 1.14mm picks

MY VIDEOS