Is it possible/ a good idea to have a p-90 in the neck and humbucker in bridge position on an lp style(actually ibanez artist). Would the differences in output be too different?
Quote by marsvoltaguy
i say both. you always have the option to not use the pedal at all but it will still be there like that obsessed chick you took to homecoming and never called again, sitting there waiting for your call. so yea both
Quote by dantiberian
Is it possible/ a good idea to have a p-90 in the neck and humbucker in bridge position on an lp style(actually ibanez artist). Would the differences in output be too different?

You can have an EMG 81 in the bridge and a soapbar in the neck and it would still work, its all about what sound you want.

Pussies play P-90's
\,,/_[><]_\,,/
Of course. I knew i'd seen something like that before
Quote by marsvoltaguy
i say both. you always have the option to not use the pedal at all but it will still be there like that obsessed chick you took to homecoming and never called again, sitting there waiting for your call. so yea both
yeah, just be careful in choosing if you value your mixed pickup sounds. obviously a high output emg isn't gonna sound amazing with a low output p90 in the bridge. also, you may need a p90 designed to fit in a humbucker's slot, such as the fat cat, which is great sounding by the way.
yeah thats the lp bfg, probably sounds good, but that is one ugly ugly guitar
You get nothing! You lose! Good day sir!
I thought all p-90s were supposed to fit in humbucker holes. Btw does Seymour Duncan make decent p-90s and are their stacked ones any good?
Quote by marsvoltaguy
Quote by dantiberian
I thought all p-90s were supposed to fit in humbucker holes. Btw does Seymour Duncan make decent p-90s and are their stacked ones any good?

No, typical P-90's come in soap bar or dog ear forms. Soap bars are the same size as mini humbuckers and the dog ears have "dog ears" that extend past the pu for mounting. You can get humbucker sized p-90's though.
Quote by CowsWithGuns
And the facade of heterosexualism in the punk and ska forum came crashing down like a fat girl falling off a balcony...
Sure, people use single coils in the neck and humbuckers in the bridge, don't see why you can't use soapbars. You can always raise the neck pu/lower the bridge pu if you need to compensate for volume difference.

Quote by Dudage
Pussies play P-90's

Pussies play with craploads of distortion to cover their sloppiness

<_<

>_>
"A wise man once said, never discuss philosophy or politics in a disco environment." - Frank Zappa
Quote by Jinskee
Don't question the X.
<Frenchy> I'm such a failure