i just discovered these guys today, i dont know how it took so damn long, they're from my own fair Green Isle! i listened to Cluain Tarb and it literally rocked my balls off. no kids for me.

http://www.myspace.com/maelmorda

From Wikipedia:
Mael Mórdha is a Gaelic Doom Metal band from Ireland.

Formed in January 1998 by Roibéard Ó Bogail, Mael Mórdha (pronounced MAIL MOOR-AH) have blended Doom Metal and Gaelic Irish laments (the slower elements of Irish Folk Music) to create Gaelic Doom Metal.

The band have recorded four E.P.s, The Path to Insanity (Deasmumhan 1999),The Inferno Spreads (Deasmumhan 2000), Caoineadh na nGael (Self-Released 2002), Cluain Tarbh E.P. (Unreleased 2003).

i'm totally ordering myself a copy of Cluain Tarb!
Last edited by Alucard II at Feb 14, 2007,
Pretty cool. Reminds a bit of Blind Guardian except lesser. Still pretty cool. I like the style of them.
FAN OF EMPEROR ?

Quote by Magero
Theres more of us it wont be long before we you over the world and you can burn all the churchs you want

I'm MAD about Black Metal. Ask me about Church Burnings.
Holy fuck, it's like the folk version of Amon Amarth. I'm definitely gonna buy this album.

Shiiiiit man, thanks for the find

*edit: ok, so only the first song is like AA. But it's still damn good
Last edited by <>< at Feb 14, 2007,
I'm listening to it right now. Wouldn't call them my favourite band ever, but it's good

“Who are you then?.."
"- I am part of that power which eternally wills evil and eternally works good.”
KULTURKAMPF
lastFM
the Irish Amon Amarth.
hup! leinster boys are in this band.
they entered eurovision thingy for Ireland but were told by the judges it was a step too far.

That year Lordi. one hahaha fecks sake.

oh and did anyone go to Day Of Darkness yesterday?
Quote by IbanezSA160a
Ug's Drunken Irishman prevails over existence once again +All UG'S Point to you my drunken irish friend.

Black/Folk Metal
Everyone ov you Mael Mordha n00bz needs to buy Ain Tarbh.
"We've had many cases in this department where a body has been found in pieces, or decomposed, and we've been able to put things together. Yes, the head, the upper part of the body, in a very badly
decomposed state"
Solstice are better...
MM are a good band nonetheless.
La mayyitan ma qadirun yatabaqqa sarmadi
Fa idha yaji' al-shudhdhadh fa-l-maut qad yantahi

Raptoral judgement upon all our sins
This placid island of ignorance
YES!!!

Mael Mordha FTW!!!

Though when it comes to Celtic metal I prefer Aes Dana but Mael Mordha is just made of wow and win.
Epic bump for an epic band.

I've only heard their latest, but I definitely need to grab a copy of their first. Excellent stuff.
One of my favourite bands.

Amazing stuff.

Everything is perfect.
Metal Forum Popular Vote Winner!!!

Quote by webbtje
Quote by dead-fish
And you're obviously here because you fancy Phill.
Phill is a very attractive guy...

"I'm so tempted to sig that, Phill" - Sig it then

Unless otherwise stated, assume everything I say is in my opinion.
hey any1 have tabs ive posted the intro to winds of one thousand winters can any1 hook me up
Quote by BrianApocalypse
I don't think that exhonerees should get a cash settlement, they should get a basket with lotions and fruit, with a card that says "sorry!" with a little doggy on it.

Quote by sock_demon

*Shredding* BREAKER BREAKER, IVE GOT A DEAD HOOKER, OVER*Shredding*
New album leaked for those interested, not had a chance to download it yet so i've no idea how good it is.
I'll just it buy it when it comes out methinks. I have to get a Mael Mórdha t-shirt too.
Metal Forum Popular Vote Winner!!!

Quote by webbtje
Quote by dead-fish
And you're obviously here because you fancy Phill.
Phill is a very attractive guy...

"I'm so tempted to sig that, Phill" - Sig it then

Unless otherwise stated, assume everything I say is in my opinion.