Hey guys, I have a huge solid state, sounds live, but its freaking loud and not space-efficient. I'm not gonna sell it, but I do want some kind of small *combo* low-watt amp for recording. Something that sounds good, please. Thanks!
Epiphone Valve Jr combo if you have a decent pedal board. Also what kind of amp is you "HUGE" one and what are u selling it for?
EDIT: NVM i read that wrong
Founder of the EHX Users Guild
My Photography

Quote by Kyle-Rehm
Please don't tell me I'm the only one that clicked this thread thinking I would learn how to make my guitar sound like a grizzly bear.
Last edited by soul_power at Feb 14, 2007,
Quote by MastaBassist10
I'm not selling it... its a Blues Cube 60.

EDIT: I want something with an EQ.

Thats what EQ pedals or EQ rackmounts are for. IF you have the right pedals epi valve JR's are great amps because you can easly adjust your pedals w/out having to bother w/ the controls on the amp. Ive only tried one once but i like it, now that i think about it it would make a decent amp for when we practice because those suckers get loud. Im thinking about getting one of the valve JR heads j/ 2 play around on but later this summer i should be getting a Vox or Rocktron head
My Photography

Quote by Kyle-Rehm
Please don't tell me I'm the only one that clicked this thread thinking I would learn how to make my guitar sound like a grizzly bear.
what styles of music do you play? and whats your budget?
New tracks on my profile! Please check them out and see what you think!
Go for either an EPI VJ, or one of those Fender ones (BJ, or one of the new low wattage ones), then you can crank it and such. You don't need eq, you can do eq post.
"A wise man once said, never discuss philosophy or politics in a disco environment." - Frank Zappa
Quote by Jinskee
Don't question the X.
<Frenchy> I'm such a failure
You should be able to get a tone stack added to that amp for relatively cheap.
"Everybody, one day will die and be forgotten. Act and behave in a way that will make life interesting and fun. Find a passion, form relationships, don't be afraid to get out there and fuck what everyone else thinks."
Quote by Inspired_by_Vai
what styles of music do you play? and whats your budget?

Hip-hop/funk. Hip-hop guitar is just... clean funky... w/e.

No mircro cubes... they suck.
Tech21 Trademark 10 or 30. The 10 is money but discontinued. I think this also comes with a direct out for recording.
Zvex Nano
Bumbox 1 (think Plexi at TV volume levels)
THD Univalve
It's a fine line between clever and stupid.
Quote by Mudder
Tech21 Trademark 10 or 30. The 10 is money but discontinued. I think this also comes with a direct out for recording.
Zvex Nano
Bumbox 1 (think Plexi at TV volume levels)
THD Univalve

IMO direct out recording sucks. You get the tone of the amp but you dont have the tone of the speakers. If you want good sounding recordings i would suggest getting a good mic, mixer and micing the amp up because the speakers make a big diffrence in tone.
My Photography

Quote by Kyle-Rehm
Well it does come with a speaker.
It's a fine line between clever and stupid.
Epi Valve Jr., Roland Microcube, Ibanez Valbee, Vox DA5, V-Series V58, Crate V8 Palmino.

Just search them up on google
When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace.
-Jimi Hendrix
Quote by soul_power
IMO direct out recording sucks. You get the tone of the amp but you dont have the tone of the speakers. If you want good sounding recordings i would suggest getting a good mic, mixer and micing the amp up because the speakers make a big diffrence in tone.

+ 1

Plus I like to experiment with mics.