Page 1 of 2
This is a thread about something different then the rest of them, so don't give me the "SEARCH" crap...

I'm absolutely amazed at how good that man is on guitar.

I watched his acceptance speech for best rock band, he seems to definately have the side effects of his previous heroine addiction, he's shaky, he seems unsure of his movements a lot, but when he gets playing that guitar, he's so clean, and so good. He's really a good psychological study. I guess that's what 15 hours of practicing a day gets you.

Any comments on the Johnster?

Also, does he really carry a guitar with him everywhere he goes?

Adam
Quote by thesublime
duarte, you're a jerk.

Quote by Ollie Led Zep
Hmm...a fugly, bimbo, blonde, rich, boring, mooching, waste of blood and organs, d*ck munching, talentless, sponging c*nt in prison?

One down...
HE'S OVERRATED TO SHIT.

Let the flaming begin.
Quote by yellowfrizbee
What does a girl have to do to get it in the butt thats all I ever wanted from you. Why, Ace? Why? I clean my asshole every night hoping and wishing and it never happens.
Bitches be Crazy.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
like many great bands, such as greenday, rhcp has become the cookie cutter come back rock band that we all hate. sad, but true. go listen to scar tissue.
Quote by Ace88
HE'S OVERRATED TO SHIT.

Let the flaming begin.

No, your entitled to your opinoin, but you probably will get flamed.
Nikolas
flame flame flame im talking out my ass john frusciante RHCP, solo, heroin, a guy named after an annoying insect, drugs, grammy, flame flame flame
You get nothing! You lose! Good day sir!
his new haircut is stupid...
They say good things come in small packages. You know what else comes in small packages? Unrelenting pain and horror.
Quote by eltravo
his new haircut is stupid...

+1
e|----------5-------7-5h7p5---5--
B|-------5----8p5-------------8---8p5--
G|-5h6-----------------------------------7b9r--p5---5b--
D|-----------------------------------------------------7-----7-7~~~
http://youtube.com/watch?v=OnMphi-ZXmE

There he is in a 2001 interview, you can see his track marks, and his ticks that he gets.
Quote by thesublime
duarte, you're a jerk.

Quote by Ollie Led Zep
Hmm...a fugly, bimbo, blonde, rich, boring, mooching, waste of blood and organs, d*ck munching, talentless, sponging c*nt in prison?

One down...
i love him

as my sig says....
Some people like cupcakes exclusively, while myself, I say there is naught nor ought there be nothing so exalted on the face of God's grey Earth as that prince of foods:

the muffin!
I think hes amazing. John is the ****in man, i dont give a **** who flames him. Yes he is overrated, so is page, petrucci, henxrix, young, all those 3459068092347650823745734095-86-934568298734652345230498608265347 note per seconders. Hes a ****in great guitarist and hes in a ****in great band. Flame him all you want, youre sittin here on UG wishin you could accomplish something as great is your idols but youre not there yet.
EDIT: And Greengay has nothing on RHCP. Greengay a ****in power chord band with shitty songwriting for crying out loud. RHCP has a shitload of talent in every aspect. John has his awesome solo technique, flea is ****in awesome at bass, chad has his own drum style, and anthony can still write nonsense lyrics that have metaphorical meanings and hold his own on stage (yes i would know i have seen them live). How dare you compare them to one of the shittiest bands of this era.
Founder of the EHX Users Guild
My Photography

Quote by Kyle-Rehm
Please don't tell me I'm the only one that clicked this thread thinking I would learn how to make my guitar sound like a grizzly bear.
Last edited by soul_power at Feb 14, 2007,
My opinion of him would be slightly biased, because he's only my favourite guitarist in the whole world...!
He's a great musician in all respects. And in respone to the threadstarters comments on his side effects from his herion addiction; I think he's quite an introverted and shy person, so that's probably why he seemed a bit umcomfortable on stage making a speech. Also because he had to have his teeth taken out as a result of the drugs, his dentures make him speak with a slight slur.. Yeah. Just defending a really great man. THE man, in fact...

I haven't seen his new haircut, anyone know where I can find pics/vids?
FUNK IS THE WAY

you can be in my dreams if i can be in yours
Quote by soul_power
I think hes amazing. John is the ****in man, i dont give a **** who flames him. Yes he is overrated, so is page, petrucci, henxrix, young, all those 3459068092347650823745734095-86-934568298734652345230498608265347 note per seconders. Hes a ****in great guitarist and hes in a ****in great band. Flame him all you want, youre sittin here on UG wishin you could accomplish something as great is your idols but youre not there yet.
EDIT: And Greengay has nothing on RHCP. Greengay a ****in power chord band with shitty songwriting for crying out loud. RHCP has a shitload of talent in every aspect. John has his awesome solo technique, flea is ****in awesome at bass, chad has his own drum style, and anthony can still write nonsense lyrics that have metaphorical meanings and hold his own on stage (yes i would know i have seen them live). How dare you compare them to one of the shittiest bands of this era.

dude...chill, its gonna be ok...
They say good things come in small packages. You know what else comes in small packages? Unrelenting pain and horror.
I love him. I think it's pretty amazing that he chose music and life over heroin and came back the way he did. That wasn't easy and the music is good, so I feel pretty justified in showing the guy love.
Miss Scourge? PM me.

I am the mistress of ManWithoutAHat . This pleases me.
Quote by trash_pixie

I haven't seen his new haircut, anyone know where I can find pics/vids?

watch the grammy performance video, its on youtube.
frusciante's a great guitarist, of course he's overrated but what high-profile guitarist isn't? he definitely had a part in me wanting to play guitar.

with as many drugs as he did i wouldn't be surprised if he's got ticks and a few less brain cells but he's still good with a guitar, and he is supposed to be a pretty shy person, even though he can play music onstage it's well known that a main reason for him leaving the band was that he didn't like the fame. you also gotta give him props for coming back from all that stuff like he did before he managed to kill himself with that lifestyle.

he needs to grow the hair back though, i was disappointed when i saw them play in nashville and it was all gone.
Last edited by vantage4 at Feb 14, 2007,
Quote by mikeman
like many great bands, such as greenday, rhcp has become the cookie cutter come back rock band that we all hate. sad, but true. go listen to scar tissue.

Who the hell are you talking about when you say "we"?
Soon you will sit on the bench
of those who deny I have my soul
You sell a dream you create
Condemned by what you condemned before
Smooth are the words you sing down and high
Underground is your joy your laws
Quote by duarte1223
This is a thread about something different then the rest of them, so don't give me the "SEARCH" crap...

I'm absolutely amazed at how good that man is on guitar.

I watched his acceptance speech for best rock band, he seems to definately have the side effects of his previous heroine addiction, he's shaky, he seems unsure of his movements a lot, but when he gets playing that guitar, he's so clean, and so good. He's really a good psychological study. I guess that's what 15 hours of practicing a day gets you.

Any comments on the Johnster?

Also, does he really carry a guitar with him everywhere he goes?

Adam

How the fuck is this different from any other John Frusciante thread?

You're just talking about how amazingly awesome this overrated guitarist is, there's NO difference between yours and any other JF thread.

He's good, but no where near everyone puts him up to be, he's become the "Cool To Like because he was formerly underrated" guitarist.
Quote by Horebane
How the fuck is this different from any other John Frusciante thread?

You're just talking about how amazingly awesome this overrated guitarist is, there's NO difference between yours and any other JF thread.

He's good, but no where near everyone puts him up to be, he's become the "Cool To Like because he was formerly underrated" guitarist.

i dont like coz of that

i like because of his talent....
Some people like cupcakes exclusively, while myself, I say there is naught nor ought there be nothing so exalted on the face of God's grey Earth as that prince of foods:

the muffin!
Back in the day Greenday was tight. They suffered from popularity backlash. People recognized how good they were so they recognized how good they were and thought about it too much. Easy to screw something up (like when you are playin a song) when you think too hard. Of course it spiraled from there when it became popular to hate on them to be a "true music afficionado." Most of you haters make me sick.

That being said, RHCP is just fine. Again, not as good as they used to be, mainly due to their explosion of popularity, but pretty good. And, I like Frusc and all, but is not a virtuoso on the guitar. He's a good guitarist, and a good song writer. I think as far as the peppers go, Flea is really the only amazing musician there.

That being said, some of their new music is good. Dani California got overplayed. Why? Because it was damn smart. Watch the music video. The fact that an already popular band rarely comes up with something that smart is WHY it gets overplayed. So before you go hate on anyone, ask yourself, "How much of a lemming am I being right now?"
i love their blood sugar sex magic and californication album. i dont think any can match them cept btw.

what are some good solo albums from JF?
“Broken hearts never mend”.
But fools never move on.
I love John Frusciante to no end. Really, his solo work has proven to me that he really wasn't meant to die back in 94 - 97. Words fail to fully describe how much I appreciate him.

As for the Fru haters on here, you're all entitled to your opinions but how many of you would jump to defend your favourite guitarist? Music is objective. One man's apple is another man's cheese.

Seokorn. If you're new to him, I suggest investing in Curtains and Shadows Collide With People. Then get To Record Only Water For Ten Days. I'd suggest that you don't listen to Niandra Lades and Smile From The Streets You Hold [his first two albums] until you can appreciate where he is at now.

You lay me down as I go to the store
Sorrow ate me, I'm not me anymore
Play these heavens one more time
I'm not yours and I'm not mine

When you hear music after it's over, it's gone in the air.
You can never capture it again.

Quote by sebastian_96
i dont like coz of that

i like because of his talent....

I never said EVERYONE likes JF because of that, but there definitely are, you may be one of them, you just don't know it.

Quote by Imp
Back in the day Greenday was tight. They suffered from popularity backlash. People recognized how good they were so they recognized how good they were and thought about it too much. Easy to screw something up (like when you are playin a song) when you think too hard. Of course it spiraled from there when it became popular to hate on them to be a "true music afficionado." Most of you haters make me sick.

That being said, RHCP is just fine. Again, not as good as they used to be, mainly due to their explosion of popularity, but pretty good. And, I like Frusc and all, but is not a virtuoso on the guitar. He's a good guitarist, and a good song writer. I think as far as the peppers go, Flea is really the only amazing musician there.

That being said, some of their new music is good. Dani California got overplayed. Why? Because it was damn smart. Watch the music video. The fact that an already popular band rarely comes up with something that smart is WHY it gets overplayed. So before you go hate on anyone, ask yourself, "How much of a lemming am I being right now?"

Pfffft.
You are completely shifting this entire thread topic.
No one ever said they hated RHCP because of their new music, that's stupid.
However, I am saying RHCP has started making music that sucks COMPARED to their previous work. If you want think differently, then good for you, but I'm sure almost every RHCP fan who has listened to their good stuff would agree with me.

Dani California was average at best. I don't know what you mean when you call it "smart", but I'm assuming that's good, which the song isn't. It was bad the first time I heard it, not after the fifty thousand times the radio played it.

Anyway back onto (horribly overdone) topic, JF is overrated, THE END.
Quote by soul_power

cool down man.....
I don't really like his work with RHCP but with The Mars Volta he's great. Just listen to his solos on L'via L'viaquez. Fantastic!
Quote by shattamakar
The only advantage of home-schooling is that it gives you good reason to commit suicide.

Hit this once or twice, and you'll be twice as nice.
Quote by soul_power

couldn't of said it better myself bro!
He's a GOD to me.

I'd kill to see one of his solo shows live
"Breathe, breathe in the air
Don't be afraid to care"

Fender Strat/Tokai LS80>few pedals>Orange Rocker 30
Yeah his new haircut is...different.

But I fully agree that he's an amazing musician overall and his love of music in general is just pure inspiring.
His new haircut is alright, but those clothes... why john, why?!
████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
hes very over-rated.people say hes one of the most original guitarist around but hes just copying hendrix
Quote by Eggmond
hes very over-rated.people say hes one of the most original guitarist around but hes just copying hendrix

i wouldnt say copying but influenced. and i bet whatever you listen to isn't so original either if you think about it.
Quote by Eggmond

oh wow
Quote by paulefty
Dr. No I LOVE YOUR AVATAR!
no rock album in the past decade can even compare to californication, and sure their newer stuff isnt as good, but the bottom line is they are progressing with their music, and alot of frusciantes solo stuff is very industrial/expiremental... im also almost certain that no other guitar/bass combo has ever been this in sync, and this good at improvising live, you should read the new guitar gods article in rolling stones, he has alot of good advice.

thanks- TEU
Don't try engaging me
The vaguest of shrugs
The prescription drugs
You'll never find
A person inside

Quote by saphrax
I agree with This End Up
Quote by R_H_C_P
He's a GOD to me.

I'd kill to see one of his solo shows live

^Yeah!! Or just to see the chilis back around the release of BSSM. before they lost the spark (Live performance that is!)
John Frusciante
John Frusciante is most deff one of the most talented guitarist. His work with the Chilis is amazing and his solo work is just mind-blowing. If you haven't heard his solo work you need to go out and buy some of his cds..although a couple of them are not very plesant because they were just quick made cd's so he could get money for drugs. Besides those few, his work is spectacular and you should deff listen to them.
Page 1 of 2