So I know I'm going to get a lot of mixed reviews but here goes....i have a gibson les paul standard and a gibson SG standard, if my budget is $600, what kid of amp do I get? There is a decent marsahll half stack for $549, or VOX combo 2x12 for about the same.... Please provide some sugestions. Thanks
marshall... but what kind is it?
Now officially has too much gear to list

PM me if you want to know about my recording setup
you dont buy a marshall mg EVER, NEVER period. Do yourself a favor you have two (2) really good guitars, so save some money and get a marshall jcm 800 or a fender something deluxe reverb, or an orange, or a vox, hughes and kettner, randall, roland, anything, anything all tube since both of those guitars are not cheap you seem to have the cash flow to buy a decent all tube combo, or head or whatever.
You get nothing! You lose! Good day sir!
I'm a sucker for Vox, specifically the AC30 which is a bit more than your budget, but i second the saving up for quality all tube option. The AC15 is a great amp. Actually, just save up to blow some serious cash on a nice big all tube combo. There's also always used, a la craigslist and there are some great deals there.
OK, so I agree about the Marshall MG, i played one tonight at my local guitar center. But I also played the Peavey ValveKing 212 Combo Amp, what about that one?
Quote by Asses
OK, so I agree about the Marshall MG, i played one tonight at my local guitar center. But I also played the Peavey ValveKing 212 Combo Amp, what about that one?

You played it, you should know if you like it. If you liked the tone get one, although they have been known to have lots of reliability issues.
Quote by CowsWithGuns
And the facade of heterosexualism in the punk and ska forum came crashing down like a fat girl falling off a balcony...