I put some bigger gauge strings on my guitar and they keep untuning, i put on 10-52's, i had 9-46's on before and never had this problem,with the 9's i had standard tuning, but with the 10's i use drop c, how can i stop this?
If you have a vibrato bridge, you might have to tighten the strings in the back.

Quote by emad
jthm_guitarist
Warned for trolling!

Quote by metal4eva_22
Didn't you say that you had a stuffed fox that you would occasionally fuck?

Quote by Axelfox
It's not a fox,it's a wolf.
did you setup the guitar when you put on the new strings?
When you put new strings on, you have to tune them up, and then stretch them by pulling them up away from the fretboard all the way along the string. Tune back up, stretch, tune up, stretch, until they don't go out of tune when you stretch them.

Recognized by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2008
Quote by utsapp89
^I'd let a pro look at it. Once you get into the technicalities of screws...well, it's just a place you don't want to be, friend.
Stretch the strings bro.
"We barely remember who or what came before this precious moment,
We are Choosing to be here, right now. Hold on, stay inside..."
TOOL Parabola
im not too sure what streting the stings and settting up the guitar means
Quote by Biggy315
im not too sure what streting the stings and settting up the guitar means

Quote by FacingUsAll
When you put new strings on, you have to tune them up, and then stretch them by pulling them up away from the fretboard all the way along the string. Tune back up, stretch, tune up, stretch, until they don't go out of tune when you stretch them.

A setup just means having the truss rod and the bridge adjusted to obtain whatever you want (low action, high action, much heavier strings, whatever). You should be able to go from 9's to 10's without getting a new setup.
Recognized by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2008
Quote by utsapp89
^I'd let a pro look at it. Once you get into the technicalities of screws...well, it's just a place you don't want to be, friend.
I have another question, is it better to have the pickups closer or farther away from the strings cause when i try to tune my guitar the metor goes crazy
Cheers guys, i was going through the same problem. I never really stretch out the strings, will do.
Co-Founder of the Orange Revolution Club

-Esp/Ltd Ec-1000 w/ BKP Mules
-2-channel Titan
-Oversized Bogner 2x12 Cabinet
-Fulltone OCD
-RMC Picture Wah
-T.C. Electronic Nova Delay
-Larrivee D-03R
Quote by Biggy315
I have another question, is it better to have the pickups closer or farther away from the strings cause when i try to tune my guitar the metor goes crazy

Take a look at this for a guide:
http://www.kinman.com/html/toneWorkshop/tone.htm#pickupadjust

Also the correct term is detuning, not untuning.

"A wise man once said, never discuss philosophy or politics in a disco environment." - Frank Zappa
Quote by Jinskee
Don't question the X.
<Frenchy> I'm such a failure