To start things off, my cell phone has the ability to record voice memos, sounds, etc using the regular handset. It also works if i use a headset. What i want to do is to take the mini-jack from a headset, and wire it up to a standard sized audio cable that will plug into my computer. Using this combination, i'll be able to record sound bites from my computer to use as ringtones, etc. I tried simply holding the phone up to the computer but the sound just doesnt work out. I have no clue if this will work but in theory i should be able to control the volumn better and produce better sound. I wish i could simply download ringtones, but i cant find free ones for verizon, or ones that i want.

I have both cables spliced, but i cant get a steady pick up on the mini jack. the audio cable has the standard 3 wires, left right and ground. i hooked up the wires to the corresponding solder points on the jack where the old wires were, and i've been messing around with the ground wire to try to get some sound. most of the time i get silence but light crackling as if it was picking up an open source but no sound, and other times its a high pitch squeal. I have gotten SOME music through but i'm not sure exacty what i did to accomplish this. Any words of advice?

also, to simplify the process, are there adaptors that i can get to simply bypass trying to wire it myself.
Thanks in advance
there's a website where you can send songs to your phone to use as ringtones. i don't remember it but you can try to google it.
...are you sure you're using a stereo jack and stereo cable? then, you'll have L,R and G. sounds like you have a mono
Cort lover of the Bass Militia. PM Nutter_101 to join.
On cheating in a relationship...

Quote by metaldud536
If he doesn't use a gameshark, it's not cheating.

I'm a non-regular regular old user.
Quote by IndieMetalhead
...are you sure you're using a stereo jack and stereo cable? then, you'll have L,R and G. sounds like you have a mono

aah, i guess that would make sense, as it is a headset jack (1 speaker). although there are 2 points on the jack that i had to tear the previous wires off of. and the mini-jack does have 2 rings around the plug, which i thought meant stereo
Quote by Iruka1986
aah, i guess that would make sense, as it is a headset jack (1 speaker). although there are 2 points on the jack that i had to tear the previous wires off of. and the mini-jack does have 2 rings around the plug, which i thought meant stereo

OH i see what to do now. wire one of them to the ground, and one of the others will be the speaker, and one will be the mic. experiment!

makes sense now!
Cort lover of the Bass Militia. PM Nutter_101 to join.
On cheating in a relationship...

Quote by metaldud536
If he doesn't use a gameshark, it's not cheating.

I'm a non-regular regular old user.
VICTORY! i dunno why i didnt look at the obvious fact that one of those wires had to be the mic... worked very well. Thanks for everyones help!