I'm asking this question on the behalf of one of my vocalist friends. He's looking for a nice tube pre-amp to run into some active speakers for gigs. Price limit is around $400AU. I've had a look on Musicians Friend, but I haven't had much experience with them so I don't want to recommend anything to him just yet.
Oh, not anything vaguely-Behringer either after seeing that horrible 'tube' pre-amp. ****ing bastards....
"Everybody, one day will die and be forgotten. Act and behave in a way that will make life interesting and fun. Find a passion, form relationships, don't be afraid to get out there and fuck what everyone else thinks."
http://www.zzounds.com/item--ART127
There you go, waaaay under budget
"A wise man once said, never discuss philosophy or politics in a disco environment." - Frank Zappa
Quote by Jinskee
Don't question the X.
<Frenchy> I'm such a failure
Quote by xifr
http://www.zzounds.com/item--ART127
There you go, waaaay under budget

Have you actually had experience or heard anything about it, or are you just blindly suggesting?
"Everybody, one day will die and be forgotten. Act and behave in a way that will make life interesting and fun. Find a passion, form relationships, don't be afraid to get out there and fuck what everyone else thinks."
Quote by the_random_hero
Have you actually had experience or heard anything about it, or are you just blindly suggesting?

Just blindly suggesting, but the fellas over at another forum rave about it. Can't hurt tracking one down and trying it out.
"A wise man once said, never discuss philosophy or politics in a disco environment." - Frank Zappa
Quote by Jinskee
Don't question the X.
<Frenchy> I'm such a failure
Quote by xifr
Just blindly suggesting, but the fellas over at another forum rave about it. Can't hurt tracking one down and trying it out.

Ok, thanks man. I was using the analogy that more expensive is better, but I'll head over to a music store some day soon and see if I can track some down.
Any other suggestions?
Anybody? Totally forgot about this thread
I have that pre-amp, its alright, but the tube is cheap, so you might want to get a new one. EHX makes a tube mic preamp which is much better, but its about $190 USD.
Fender Tele > Line 6 Verbzilla > Line 6 DL4 > Line 6 Podxt (With Model Packs and FBV Shortboard) > Yorkville 300-watt Poweramp > Marshall 1960BV