They put stuff on Youtube as well. I really dislike the guy they have reviewing though. Not that I know him or anything, he just kind of seems like a douche.... Haha. Bad of me, I know.
Those bastards managed to make a Rickenbacker sound like shit, which is no small feat.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o1mQcAcU6fk
Damn them.
Quote by CowsWithGuns
And the facade of heterosexualism in the punk and ska forum came crashing down like a fat girl falling off a balcony...
I really can't stand that site. Firstly the guy spends half the video talking about what's in the box. Secondly, all their soundclips are kinda shit and don't represent the pedals very well. On every clip I can hear the Marshall bleeding through, and they don't try playing it through say, a Fender too to see the difference. So kids may hear something and think 'hey, that sounds cool,' but in reality, it's the Marshall that's creating the tone and the pedals just boosting it into overdrive.

But kudos to them for the idea.

EDIT: to above: god, he can even spend half the video talking about the guitar.

'I'm not sure exactly what this knob is supposed to be'

Thats... great
"A wise man once said, never discuss philosophy or politics in a disco environment." - Frank Zappa
Quote by Jinskee
Don't question the X.
<Frenchy> I'm such a failure
Last edited by xifr at Feb 14, 2007,
I think he's well funny. It's good that it gives you an idea of what a pedal sounds like, but I don't think you're meant to take it as gospel. I spend most of the time laughing because the guy looks like such a stoner. I find him well entertaining.
A recent study shows that 8% of teenagers listen to nothing but music with guitars in it. Put this in your sig if you're one of the 92% who isn't a closed-minded moron.
Theres a few decent videos from people but they tend to be from the companys official rep (the guy that demonstrates marshalls who works for marshall is a great player). The guy from the actual who actually reviews the stuff is pants and makes the guitars sound pretty bad too.
Tunes, gear and other random stuff can be found in my "UG" profile if you click my name
yeah, he mispronounced moog. that's pretty impressive.
Quote by corduroyEW
Cheap amps are "that bad". They suck up your tone like cocaine at Kate Moss' party.

I am Michael!
Quote by tubab0y
yeah, he mispronounced moog. that's pretty impressive.

I think you'll find "moog" is actually pronounced "Mogue". You might want to research things before you make an ass of yourself.
A recent study shows that 8% of teenagers listen to nothing but music with guitars in it. Put this in your sig if you're one of the 92% who isn't a closed-minded moron.
The guys who demo your vids (except the ones with Rob Math) suck. They can the best gear sound HORRIBLE.
Heads up to everyone, new person using this account
H'es using a Fender Twin reinssue on the latest vid. Hopefully a sign of things to come because that JCM2000 was getting on my nerves a bit. The guy CAN play, I think it's just a case of sometimes he doesn't know what to expect from the pedal. Watch more of the stompbox vids and you'll see that he is a good player.
One of the video's starts with an interview:
interviewer: So, it's got 8 strings?
Ibanez guy: yes, 2 more than the 6

EDIT:the videos just finished. All the way through they were saying how great it sounds and picked it up to play at the end. The video ended. He didn't even play it.
Last edited by supergerbil at Feb 14, 2007,
They could get someone better. The stoner is just.....no, maybe he should work behind the scenes. He's not good at doing product tests. Also, I thought it was pretty stupid too how they use a frickin' Marshall with distortion pedals. Seeing as how they don't usually take pedals as well as, say Fender amps.
If you want stuff that oversells the pedal, go to the manufacturers website where they have some virtuoso making the pedals sound waay better than they will when you buy them. I personally think that it's a good website that shows you what the pedals do in a fairly concise way. I think it's good that he goes through what all the boxes have in them too, because sometimes people want to know what is there. Warranty card etc. I think it's great that half the time he doesn't look like he knows what to expect from the pedal because at the end of the day, that's what we're all like when we get a new pedal. It also adds an element of humour.

They have started to use a fender twin now too, so hopefully we see some variety in sounds etc.

At the end of the day, it's a free service. If you don't like it, don't watch it. End of. They don't have to provide video walkthroughs. I for one, appreciate them.
^ It's a cool site, I'm just saying, the dude is kind of, I dunno, inept. Get someone a bit more professional. I'm not saying get a suit and a tie, just some guy who knows what he's doing.
To be honest ive only checked out the effects pedals vids and I felt those were a great resource b/c I've only ever read about them. You people are hilarious though, judgmental as hell LOL.

Just remember, he's demoing the products, not trying to achieve the best sound possible. The point is to show what the product does (often putting the settings to the extremes to emphasize the fact).
Quote by fsb_ben
To be honest ive only checked out the effects pedals vids and I felt those were a great resource b/c I've only ever read about them. You people are hilarious though, judgmental as hell LOL.

Just remember, he's demoing the products, not trying to achieve the best sound possible. The point is to show what the product does (often putting the settings to the extremes to emphasize the fact).

^Word.