I just got a les paul studio but none of the strings are playable except the thick e because they are too close too the neck. How do i sort this on a Les Paul?.
on the bridge where hte strings cross// loosen the strings then turn the screws on that to raise it and thus your action

and there you are
Youy have to adjust the action at the bridge. You turn the screws at the sides of the bridge to raise/lower it. By the sounds of it, you have to raise the right side. It's not hard ifyou have the right screw driver. Raise it a little, then tune your strings to pitch, and play a note. If it still buzzes, raise it a bit more, tune and try again.

A LP is the easiest guitar to set up cause it only has 2 screws.
do i not have to do it 1/2 a turn at a time to avoid damaging the neck or is that on bolt ons?
Quote by kmf1
do i not have to do it 1/2 a turn at a time to avoid damaging the neck or is that on bolt ons?

:O NO NO NO NO that's the truss rod. Don't touch that for god sake, it doesn't raise/lower the strings.

You have to do it at the bridge. It's easy.
its not working no matter how much i turn. can it be 10 gauge strings are too light?
Quote by kmf1
its not working no matter how much i turn. can it be 10 gauge strings are too light?

DON'T TOUCH YOUR ****ING GUITAR AND TELL US WHAT YOU'RE TURNING? If you're turning the truss rod, you're gonna **** your guitar.