Page 1 of 2
What was the first electric guitar you got?

Mine was some wierd thing, i think it is an Ovation Celebrity series superstrat (do Ovation make electric guitars?).. the headstock says "celebrity" in the same font but i don't know what it is really i'll try to post a pic soon. It isn't really mine, someone just said i could have it for as long as i needed it.

It's an odd guitar, not the sort of thing i buy i like simplicity, it has HSS pickup arrangement, a 5 way select switch and some other 2 position switch that i think is a coil split, locking nut and a very bad tremolo (i never use it, it can get stuck in different places completely destroying the tuning) with finetuners... Really powerful output though.
I like analogue Solid State amps that make no effort to be "tube-like", and I'm proud of it...

...A little too proud, to be honest.
a squier bullet strat here, but it wasnt like most other bullets . it was alder. still a squier
I started on a MiM Fender Strat but the first guitar i actually owned was an Ibanez RG350DX
[quote="'[FiTB"]']squier strat, the ultimate beginners guitar

hah, actually my squier strat was my 3rd guitar lol.
I like analogue Solid State amps that make no effort to be "tube-like", and I'm proud of it...

...A little too proud, to be honest.
squire jagmaster quite the solid guitar
Zeppelinism, the only way to save your soul

PM TheHeartbreaker to become a follower of the holy order of the Zeppelin
squier strat ...... hate it but now it sounds really good (because i put in new pickups haha)
Squier Standard Strat
Squier Jimmy Shine Sig
Ibanez ValveBee
Ibanez DS7
Behringer UC100

A recent study shows that 92% of all teenagers have moved on to rap music. Put this in your profile if you are one of the 8% who stayed with the real music
Ibanez G series or whatever the name of the series was that was under RG in 1990. Ofcourse it was red. There were a lot of red Ibanez guitars back then.
fender telecaster (highway 1) wooo still got it, still my best electric

still my only electric...
A Johnson strat copy. Really ugly grain, but good sound.
My Blog
New bands you wish you knew about!

Check This Band:As Blood Runs Black
Guitarist of the month: Quorthon

Got a good band that you want to share with the world? PM me and I'll write them a review.
Ibanez GRG170DX. Am currently changing some parts to use as a gigging guitar. still quite nice
Ibanez PGM301
Ibanez GRG170DX
Fender Telecaster MiJ - 1986
Swing T-Through

Ibanez TS9DX
Sovtek Small Stone - c.1985
EHX Big Muff
Kimbara Wah - c.1974
Boss GE-7

Orange Rocker 30 Combo

http://www.myspace.com/paythelay
Quote by Stop Messin'
'57 Les Paul original my grandfather gave me. Still have it and still my main squeeze.

Lucky bastard! All I had was a crappy Epiphone Les Paul Jr.
"Notes are expensive. . .use them wisely"-B.B. King

"It's been very important throughout my career that I've met all the guys I've copied, because at each stage they've said, 'Don't play like me, play like you."-Eric Clapton
With money I received on my 16th birthday, I walked down to our town's second hand store and got my first guitar and amp. The guitar was a 70s Raven Les Paul Custom copy (made in Japan). It had some horrible pickups, but the guitar itself played incredibly well and I used this guitar for years (after a pickup change), even after I had some MUCH better guitars. The bridge pickup gave out on me after about 6 or 7 months or so. I ended up getting (from my parents for Christmas) a Cort guitar they ordered from the Sears catalog. It was a red strat-shaped guitar with white stripes à la EVH, a simple Strat-style trem, and a single Powersound "Super Distortion" humbucker. That was my first new guitar.

My first amp was this old 2W tube amp from the 60s. It was made by Pine Electronics in Montreal. It had a power / volume knob, and a tone knob. Nothing else. But when you cranked that thing, it had some pretty decent distortion.
Guitars: Custom Lado Earth 2000-3, Custom ESP Explorer, BC Rich KKV, Gibson LP Studio, Greco SG, El Degas Stratocaster, Agile AL-3000, LTD EX-351

Rig:Marshall JVM410H + Marshall 1960A, Boss Noise Suppressor
I received an Epiphone Goth G400 for my 19th birthday.

I let some friend of a friend borrow it when I got my S-1 Blackjack since it just sat in its case the whole time.
Recognized by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2008
Quote by utsapp89
^I'd let a pro look at it. Once you get into the technicalities of screws...well, it's just a place you don't want to be, friend.
my friends uncle and aunt got divorced, and the aunt gave my friend six guitars all for her first guitars!!
notables were a Gibson SG, Fender MIA Strat, and two ibanez one emgs put in
Guitar
Ernie Ball Music Man Silhouette Special
Washburn WI64
Martin D-15
Amps
1960s Harmony
Rocktron/Egnater TOL 50 2x12
Rivera Chubster 55
FX
Fulltone OCD v.1
Keeley TS808
Voodoo Labs Superfuzz
Wilson WH10
Boss DD-20
Some cheap telecaster clone that my father bought for me at a pawn shop.
Fleet of MiJ Ibanez
Couple of Balls
Peavey & EVH Wolfgangs
Eclipse
Fender HM Strat
Kemper KPA
5150 III 50w & cabs
i got my MiM fender strat for my i wanna say 15th birthday..
*Gibson SG
*Fender Strat
*B.C. Rich NJ Series Mocking Bird

*Ibanez PF series acoustic
*Ibanez AE 30
my first electric was a squire strat, still have it lol, i was thinking about buying a cheap humbucker and putting in it for a back up guitar, oh but the first guitar i bought my self was a epiphone les paul ^^ got it on sale for like 400 at my guitar center
I'm on my first. my alvarez nashville tele copy, though it's not quite a nashville because it has two lipstick pickups. I'm just a sucker for shiny guitars, and quilted maple tops. It's nice, i like.
Yamaha EG303... the model numbers at the end our supposed to make up for its horrible quality.
The Gearz:

Schecter Omen 6
B-52 At-100 head + 4x12 cab
Yamaha EG303
Digitech Bad Monkey Overdrive
Mine was a squire strat, and while the neck and stuff was terrible, it had a raw tone I kind of liked, but still got rid of it. I still remember picking out my first tunes on it. I spent 3 weeks trying to learn how to play star spangled banner, purple haze, and all those other Hendrix songs. Those are some of the best memories of my life!
ALWAYS

WANNA BE WITH YOU,
MAKE BELIEV
E WITH YOU,
AND L
IVE IN HARMONY, HARMONY,

OH, LOOVE!
Last edited by SG Man Forever at Feb 14, 2007,
Squier starterpack ftw!
Co-Founder of the Orange Revolution Club

-Esp/Ltd Ec-1000 w/ BKP Mules
-2-channel Titan
-Oversized Bogner 2x12 Cabinet
-Fulltone OCD
-RMC Picture Wah
-T.C. Electronic Nova Delay
-Larrivee D-03R
i got 1 of those ashton starterpacks

its a piece of crap but i still have it

i now hav an epiphone explorer which beats it by like 100 metres or so
Quote by harley10_5
yea his dad was like, dude i got up the next morning to go take a crap and i looked over and theres a dang guitar in the bathtub.....

Member of UG's Gain Wh0res - pm gpderek09 to join.
My first guitar was a JB Player set neck RR style flying v my parents bought me when I was 16 (15 years ago this march). It was a great guitar to start on. Had a locking tremolo, but it was made of Zinc (no reason why) and it warped. I put a Kahler tremolo in it, and it lasted for several years. It is packed up in my old music equipment storage room still to this day.
"I can play pretty fast on an instrument and I can do some pretty dazzling things if I want, but that only goes so far. You know, that's only going to interest people to a certain degree, it only has a certain stimulation." ~Steve Vai~
quest black magic strat copy.
i guess it was some weird company in japan that no one knows really anything about.
I dont even know what kind of wood its made of.
Quote by Kneusje
^ He's right!

Quote by Flea of RHCP
I LOVE, I LOVE, I LOVE... KILLER WHALES! AND I LOVE MANGOS! AND IGGY POP TOO! I LOVE IGGY POP! AND EVEN GETTING UP EARLY IN THE MORNING, AND SWIMMING! AND TAKING A GOOOOOD SH*T! AND I LOVE ALL OF YOU TOO!

Epiphone LP 100, still got it. I'm thinking of completely tearing it apart and modding the shit out of it Make it a back up to the Firebird:P
Current Rig:
Gibson Firebird Studio
Limited Edition Schecter 35th Anniversary C-1
Schecter Jeff Loomis Signature 7 FR
Ashdown Fallen Angel
Custom 7 Firebird from Ignition Custom Guitars (check them out)
ESP Phoenix
'51 tele =/
Failure is a far greater teacher than success.
Unified

Gear:
Schecter C-1
Peavey Classic 30
Roland Cube 30
DD-3
Ibanez WD-7
Voodoo Labs Sparkle Drive
i was fortunate enough to get a Fender MIA strat which i got for my 15th b'day
well i inherited a guitar and some pedals that are apparently vintage so they are cool but before im allowed to use them my mum says i have to buy a guitar and do lessons for half a year..........so i got the cheapest guitar i could get knowing i would only use it for half a year...it was a v-tone behringer pack prolly going to be the shittiest guitar ever but the amp looks alright...and can anyone tell me what type of guitar my aunty's is she inherited one to check this thread and go to the 2nd page...

https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=523192&page=1&pp=20&highlight=inheritence

ok so yea

Cheers
Chris
my westfield strat, it sounds really hollow, but is damn amazing to create interesting sounds with
my books myspace
Here
read it, new chapter added every 2 weeks
Page 1 of 2