alright.. i had band practice and my friends older brother told me that when u there r two guitars, u should lower the bass because with two guitars there r enough crunch to produce bass. idk it is but i strongly disagree with him. am i right or am i wrong
My Axes:
Gibson Les Paul Custom
Gibson Les Paul Standard
Gibson SG Standard
Fender 52 Telecaster
Fender 62 Stratocaster
Fender American Standard Telecaster
wow that guy chats some shit. Two guitars dont produce too much bass at all. Ive played in bands with two guitars and the tone is fine so long as you know what your doing! So no, two guitars dont produce too much bass at all, unless your using too much bass on your amp.
D-U-F-R-A-I-S

Quote by darkstar2466
WRONG.

The only reason it exists is because drugs get people fucked up, and people love getting fucked up.

see ok... basically... both of you set your tone how you feel is the best... i feel a guitar tone not TOO saturated with too much bass is good but dont cut out bass completely... that'll just cause problems... imo... i usually put my settings like... bass: 12-2 o'clock (depending on the type of guitar i am using my les paul would get less bass... prolly a 1 o'clock... my s series ibanez i throw up to 2 maybe even 3...)... mids: 9-11 o'clock... treble: 12-4 o'clock... treble depends on the kind if feed back my guitar is getting... which since i got dimarzio's in it... it doesnt feed back as much... so i can turn it a bit higher... just play with ur amp... figure out what you think is the best... and dont budge... really... unless ur feeding back... or it just doesnt sound as good as you'd think when you turn it up... ur best bet is to get with the other guitar player and tweak your tone til you're both satisfied... dont listen to taht guy's brother... bass has NOTHING to do with crunch... if anything... mid's have more to do with crunch thats why even when i am going for a metal tone i put some mid'sin there... cause i like a nice crunch in my distortion...
in conclusion you want to feel a good punch from your palm mutes coming from your speakers... you can physically feel it if you turn up some... but dont turn up the bass to the point where it soudns liek your speakers are wavering... tahts no good
Last edited by zparticus at Feb 14, 2007,
exactly~ i've played guitar for about 9 years so i'm pretty sure i know how to grab my sound. but anyways, this is wat i do. dependin on the amp, i either put all the EQ on the amp to zero ir everything in the middle. but mostly its middle. then i tweak the EQ on my pedal which is always around like 2oclock bass an 2oclock treble. but i sometimes tweak it more. then after that i tweak the amp EQ. then i tweak both of them until i get the sound i want. but for the amps, since we're playin all heavy metal as of now, i set it: bass: about 3oclock, mid: about 5o clock, and treble: around 7-11oclock. and it sounds pretty ear perfect to me.
My Axes:
Gibson Les Paul Custom
Gibson Les Paul Standard
Gibson SG Standard
Fender 52 Telecaster
Fender 62 Stratocaster
Fender American Standard Telecaster
well heres how i've always been told to eq with a pedal... eq your amp clean... to how you'd want it to sound... like perfectly... then tone your pedal to your amp... it depends ont he pedal ur using... i know with my metalzone... it sounds kinda digital if ur not careful... bu ti can get a very genuine tone outa it if i use the settings i've found to be good...