Hi, im wonderin. My main guitar is my american strat, absoloutley love it. However, my back up guitar is a epi les paul studio, but an earlier one with covered PAF's. Ive tried countless different cheap ass pups in the bridge ive never got the sound i wanted. Now ive decided to buy a sewymour duncan 59 for the bridge, as ive heard and tried these and love thier tone, so would it be worth it? Is it worth spending £60 (bout $120) on a new pup just for a backup guitar., i play it quite alot though. If not im gonna spend the £60 on a new OD pedal. So would it be worth changing pups again, or would a pedal be more important?????? Thanks guys.
D-U-F-R-A-I-S

Quote by darkstar2466
WRONG.

The only reason it exists is because drugs get people fucked up, and people love getting fucked up.

idk man... puttin a good pickup on an somewhat below average guitar.. i say waste of money man.
My Axes:
Gibson Les Paul Custom
Gibson Les Paul Standard
Gibson SG Standard
Fender 52 Telecaster
Fender 62 Stratocaster
Fender American Standard Telecaster
hmmmm, i supose^ cheers.
Anyone else?
D-U-F-R-A-I-S

Quote by darkstar2466
WRONG.

The only reason it exists is because drugs get people fucked up, and people love getting fucked up.

Do it if you want to, it might make you want to play it more. i changed the pickup in mine after 2 days
Cort lover of the Bass Militia. PM Nutter_101 to join.
On cheating in a relationship...

Quote by metaldud536
If he doesn't use a gameshark, it's not cheating.

I'm a non-regular regular old user.
dude^ i see wou own some 'vintage' guitars. Whats that brand like for electrics, ive been looking into them as i aint got much money lol. Do they sound good or are they cheap and crappy?
any other suggetions?
D-U-F-R-A-I-S

Quote by darkstar2466
WRONG.

Quote by notsojoeyb4eva
dude^ i see wou own some 'vintage' guitars. Whats that brand like for electrics, ive been looking into them as i aint got much money lol. Do they sound good or are they cheap and crappy?
any other suggetions?

they're a mixed bag. I'd assume you're british, so finding them isn't a problem. some of their guitars can be brilliant, but some (a few metal axxes, god forbid the name) can be right turds. its best to try them first, but they're getting far better than they were in terms of quality and playability. best bet is to try and get to a dawsons (or anywhere that stocks them) and play some. they're no fender, jackson or gibson, but for a first/second guitar they're ideal. try to find the newer wilkinson ones (not that theres anything majorly wrong with the older ones, but the new ones are much better

and thats about it
Cort lover of the Bass Militia. PM Nutter_101 to join.
On cheating in a relationship...

Quote by metaldud536
If he doesn't use a gameshark, it's not cheating.

I'm a non-regular regular old user.
cheers, i might look into selling my epi as ive grown to despise it, and look into one of those. Ive heard the pups are pretty good on them i was just wondering about the build quality and all that. cheers
D-U-F-R-A-I-S

Quote by darkstar2466
WRONG.

Look at Swinsehead(sp?) pickups, they're cheap, and good. Apparently better made and sounding than Seymore Duncans.
"Breathe, breathe in the air
Don't be afraid to care"

Fender Strat/Tokai LS80>few pedals>Orange Rocker 30