I am ahaving a big problem. Two days ago my brother fell on my guitar neck (don't ask) and broke the first string. So after venting my anger, I decided that it was a good thing cause the strings were rusty anyway. So I went to a music shop to get it re strung (have been playing for nearly a year) and I got new strings.
The problem started cause when I turned on my amp, the first string isn't heard on the amp, its really muted. All the others are fine (all replaced) but the E string isn't as load as it should be when plugged in my amp. Any of you guys have any ideas, cause I'm really worried.
Check your bridge, see if the bridge is f-ed up or see how low it is compared to the other strings, if you can't find something take it to the shop
Quote by Izdigger
Arrrgh! The agony! Bring me a virgin and a cup of Devil's brew!

Quote by mr kipling
I can sweep with my boner.I have to use light strings, otherwise My penis will look like an emo wrist.
My guitar is one of those sh*tty statocaster lookalikes with no writing on the headstock. The bridge is like that as well. So what could be the problem with the bridge?
Where exactly on the neck did he fall?
Gear:
Epiphone SG Standard - Natural Wood Finish + SD Alnico Pro 2 Bridge Pickup
Epiphone Les Paul Standard - Limited Edition Green
Ibanez S470
Blackstar HT-100 Head
Harley Benton 2x12 Vintage 30's
Vox AC4TV
Vox VT15
is the saddle (the part that the string rests on) lower than the others. I mean significantly lower than the others. or is it different in any other way.

Like _3Lm0_ asked. do you have the same problem when you select another pickup?

Pics could help if you can get hold of a camera.
Rhythm in Jump. Dancing Close to You.

Quote by element4433
Yeah. people, like Lemoninfluence, are hypocrites and should have all their opinions invalidated from here on out.
No, its not lower, the saddles are even, except for the fifth and sixth (lower than others) and the first string is negligibly lower. I already tried moving it up and down though, so that didn't work. The first string still sounds muted with all pick ups.
does it sound ok when not plugged in? does it ring out as long as the others?

If so its probably something to do with the electronics. I'd take it back to the shop and get it checked.

Quote by element4433
Yeah. people, like Lemoninfluence, are hypocrites and should have all their opinions invalidated from here on out.
If you play the guitar unplugged, and the string sounds out properly, then the problem is obviously electrical. If the string is muted while unplugged then just look to see what the string is hitting to mute it.
No unplugged it's fine, the problem starts when I try using the amp. It's like the pickups aren't picking up the string vibrations as well as with the other strings.
At least, I think its fine, cause when I tried tuning it with a digital tuner, I had to pluck the string really hard to get a reading.
it'll be the electronics in the guitar then. If both the amp and the tuner are having trouble receiving a signal from the guitar then its likely that they're both working correctly.
I know it might be stupid but try it with a different cable and see if that makes a difference. It probably wont but its best to try everything.

Quote by element4433
You've already blamed the guitar and the pickups. If the other strings sound well then probably it's the string that has the problem. In order for the pickups to receive the vibrations of the string, the string must be made of steel. It is very likely that the string you changed is a crappy one, assuming that all of the other sugestions above are invalid..
Ok you know the part right below the headstock? like the part that holds your strings , make sure that you have the strings resting in the right place.