So how long into playing guitar were you before making that first solo?
I'm almost a year and a half in, not dedicated practice from the very start I must say but nonetheless I just made my first solo and it brought my mood to new heights with guitar, feeling the possibilities rather than dreaming and thinking them up - it really has opened me up and I can't wait to keep the ball rolling. Considering soloing was a goal
*shrugs* I don't know...
like 2 weeks lol
Guitar rig
Schecter C-1 Classic
Boss GT-8
Mesa 50/50 Power Amp

Synth Rig
M-Audio Oxygen 61
Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi Elite Pro
Reason 4.0
FL Studio 8
i don't think you've properly soloed till you've got up on stage and done it

it was my fifth gig for me

on double bass
Gear:
Washburn RB2500 (5 String)
Yamaha BB400 Fretless (1981)
Carlo Giordano 3/4 Upright (White)
Cort Action 4 (Stereo-fied)
Orange Bass Terror 500
Orange 1x15 Cab
Boss GT-6 Bass Multi-effects
I don't really know. Ever since I started I've been writing solos and melodies and shit. It's all by ear, of course, because I suck at music theory.

Not to mention life.
Quote by Double Basser
i don't think you've properly soloed till you've got up on stage and done it

I agree, should've worded more carefully - constructed your first solo. I mean, it's just my first one finished within the past 2 days so I'm feeling pretty stoked hahah...
*shrugs* I don't know...
i did a solo within 1 week thanks to nirvana!
honorary member of the lumpia lovers club

BREAK THE INDUSTRY
^
Quote by Charlatan_001
Uh-oh. People might mistake you for a homosexual if you buy a purple pedal.

Quote by Shredlet
You own an Rg2570E and you live in Australia I to you sir!
Heh, about 9 or 10 years. I hadn't discovered shred until about 4 years ago, before then I was pretty much all rhythm. So I've been soloing/shredding about 4 years now.
hai guize join mah gr00pz plz kthx:

i have always soloed, never have they been good but i have been doing it, but i never knew. So one day i was jamming and the other guitarist nodded to me that he wanted me to solo, so i shit my pants, i didnt know where to start, so needless to say i biffed pretty good, but i had some nice idea's and we worked on it a bit and now it is a working solo.

so about 2 years in, that was like 6 months ago.
8 years
Yeah, now you're gonna die wearing that stupid little hat. How does it feel?

Help me to live.

I make custom guitar wiring harnesses and I'm pretty damn good at it!
I could play Nirvana solos within my first week of playing...most of them.

The first solo I constructed...probably about 3 months - it wasn't very good, but meh. Improv solos ftw!
very long actually, i had lessons and there where rarely solo stuff besides i'm quite shy. but after a while it came, and i think it was good zause after years of practice all my techniques where very good and i had strong hands and fingers.
Wise Man Says: The guitar is obviously female, she's got hips, breasts... and a hole.
UG's Flamenco Club
The first solo was completely happy with... erm... maybe 6-7 months.
I'm going to create the procrastination club, just later...
Quote by RMC06
I don't really know. Ever since I started I've been writing solos and melodies and shit. It's all by ear, of course, because I suck at music theory.

Not to mention life.

music theory is BS anyway dont bother learning

flame away
Don't try engaging me
The vaguest of shrugs
The prescription drugs
You'll never find
A person inside

Quote by saphrax
I agree with This End Up
Quote by This End Up
music theory is BS anyway dont bother learning

flame away

Breathing is BS also. Don't bother.
If you mean other peoples solos I learnt the smells like teen spirit "solo" in like my first 2 weeks. But I'm only just now learning to solo across the whole fretboard, improvising to some backing tracks. (in the right key)
since I first touched a guitar. Gig this saturday, I'm going to solo my ass off! Literally.
Quote by p o e
lmfao man thats so sick and depraved and yet funny all at once

my hats off to you IbanezSA160, you have embodied the Pit into one little poem
Quote by urik
Does improvising count as soloing?

If you improvise a whole solo then yes it would be, otherwise, it's just improvising...
*shrugs* I don't know...
ooow....

If you mean other peoples solo's it would be 2 weeks before my first guitar and lesson... Californication.
Learned by a friend

Otherwise (see my reply above) it's after 1 month, own made solo for a art-project on my school.
Quote by JvL
If you mean other peoples solo's it would be 2 weeks before my first guitar and lesson... Californication.
Learned by a friend

Otherwise (see my reply above) it's after 1 month, own made solo for a art-project on my school.

Let me repeat the first line to this thread:
"So how long into playing guitar were you before making that first solo?"
*shrugs* I don't know...
Well then look at my first post!
Or 2nd part of my last post!...
Quote by JvL
Well then look at my first post!
Or 2nd part of my last post!...

What's with the exclamation marks? I've seen you're replies already.
*shrugs* I don't know...
I made my first solo 6 months in, but i didn't get slapping down till a year of playing. Bass Solos are great fun though.
i first soloed within about 5-6 months... and to the people who say it took them like a week or two... even a month is doubtful... when you first pick up a guitar, your fingers are like retarted, and can't bend the strings worth shit, and can't hardly even make a sound.. and a solo isn't one you learn from some song, it's feeling the music, and playing something along with it that sounds bad ass... i practiced every day from the time i got home from school, until it was bed time (with occasional snack breaks) and by fingers didn't even break in until about a month of playing, (mostly crazy train, simple man, and sweet home alabama) and soloing was out of the question for me for at least 2-3 months... but if you practice hard, you could prove me wrong... peace out
Founder of UG's Club

Quote by Kadaj
Yes, that's why it has big fangs, for tickling you with.

Quote by JC13
The banker has proposed an offer of FOUR BJ's...lucky911charms, Deal, or No deal?
Depends how u class solo. If u mean the full works, (Tapping, alternate picking, fast decents) about a year or so.
I thought it said soiled. I was gonna say that's a bit personal
if you can't be a good example
be a bad warning

Quote by aequitasveritas
lol, so i got a boner this one time and i was watching tv, so i decided to hump the little crack between the two cushions of the couch. yeah.

www.free-game-downloads.mosw.com
ive tried but i give up easy, may take me a little bit. For now i just write fast power cord riffs so thats good enough for me.